Damn Feelings...

Guest Paige__

CHANGED THE CHAPTER.

Chapter Two;;

Cassie.

((This is in Lily’s house, by the way. And it isn’t what happens in the programme, because I didn’t want too =)…enjoy!))

“Lily, is everything okay?”

“Yeah, of course…”

Cassie closed her eyes, trying to be as quiet as possible. Mattie was right, this was a bad idea. Coming here had opened her eyes to how far this issue was going. She needed to tell someone. Sally, Brain, Dan… She opened her eyes, straining her ears for any sound. None came. Her heart was beating so fast and her bag was slipping from her shoulder…

“Okay, I’m gonna go get something out the fridge.”

“Right.”

The silence went on for another couple of seconds before footsteps could be heard leading away from their hiding place. Lily appeared, her face pale.

“You need to get out. Now.” She whispered, looking as if she had seen a ghost. Cassie and Mattie didn’t need telling twice. The crept past the kitchen, praying for all they were worth that Kyle wouldn’t turn round. He didn’t. The door was slightly open from when Kyle had entered, so the slipped out, walked down the pavement then ran as far as they could, not once looking back and refusing to say a word until they came to the beach.

“Cass, you need to tell someone.” Mattie confirmed her fears. She still looked pale, but she had enough energy to tell her friend the difference between right and easy.

“But I promised her…” Cassie mumbled, taking a sudden liking to her feet.

“I know, but she’s in huge trouble, and today…look, Cass, if you don’t then I’ll have t-”

“NO! Mattie, please. You can’t. I’ll tell Dan and Sally when the time is right. Tomorrow, maybe. But not today. Lily’s been through enough today.”

Mattie nodded slowly. “Okay. I better go, Ric want’s to catch up. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Mattie said, bidding her friend goodbye.

Cassie stared to walk home when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned, half expecting Kyle, though she knew that was stupid.

“Oh, Lucas. Thank god…”

“Thank god?” Lucas seemed a little confused at Cassie’s reaction, though he said nothing more of it.

“What do you want?” Cassie asked, putting on a smile.

“I just saw Mattie leaving, she looked scared, come to think of it, so do you. Are you okay? Both of you?”

The thought came across her mind to confess to Lucas.

Cassie nodded, hoping Lucas would believe her. She hated lying to her friends, but she promised…

“Yes, everything’s fine.”

Lucas opened his mouth to protest, then dismissed it.

“Okay, well if you need any help with the helpline then I’m free most days.”

“Thanks!” Cassie grinned again, happy that Lucas was in a better state now, after his break up with Belle he hadn’t been the same, but he seemed okay now. She said goodbye to Lucas, then headed for home.

Cassie let herself in when she arrived, looking around, expecting someone.

"Hello? Anyone home?" She called, shrugging when nobody replied. She placed her bag on the sofa, then grabbed her mobile, glancing at it.

Two new messages flashed on the screen and Cassie opened the first one, it was just Mattie asking if they could hang out tomorrow. Cassie replied quickly then opened the second. She frowned when she read it.

"I can't do this anymore. You have to forget about me. Lily.'

Cassie stared open-mouthed at the text, blinking rapidly as if the words were going to change. They didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Great fic. You are great at describing each of the scenes. I also like th way you are writing about each of the different relationships. :) Can't wait to see where this goes.

Archived