Is anyone else getting annoyed with the promos?

Guest WillowsTara

Probably contains spoilers outside of Australia since it mentions a few episodes

It seems everyday for Neighbours, the promos get more stupid by the day, they say things that are gonna happen in the episode when its not.

Like last night, they kept saying the person at the door would rip Janae and Ned apart....But they aren't even together, last time I checked Janae hated Ned at the moment (Although its Ned who has feelings for her), she seems to be getting softer towards him but they aren't together yet!. (And Janea was angry at him from the start, but when she found out about the son, she was softer)

Then another promo last week when Janae almost drowned, they called it a romantic getaway from hell (Or hoilday whichever), i was like what the? That was just stupid, Janea and Ned didn't go on hoildays..

And then there are plenty more episodes of Neighbours that promos lied about, there was one when they said Elle and Carmella were fighting over Oliver again and Elle slapped her, but the only reason why that happened was because Elle thought Carmella was purposely telling Paul about everything that really happened.

(This happens with the other Channel 10 shows....Especially the Supernatural ones)

Really, I don't want to know about the lies they come up with, I actually want to know what's happening, not what whoever says these promos thinks will happen (Sometimes it even when the episode barely has any relations to the character in that episode).

So does anyone get annoyed by this and thinks Channel 10 should start actually making good promos, not making ones that will probably turn someone off from the episode or the show in general, aleast when Channel 7 does it, it's not that often so I usually get over it the following day, but Channel 10 does it so consantly it's annoys the hell out of me.

And a question: Why the hell do they do that anyway? Do they think more viewers will wanna watch it? I don't think so, and I am pretty sure these are the same announcers who does it for all the shows

Edit: A second question, are they also the ones who replaces shows with crappy Reality shows and sports? Because Smallville and Charmed suffered the same fate because of them, it's like they have something against Supernatural show...Be Careful Supernatural, Medium and any other Supernatural show, you will probably be next

I've noticed ever since Dan B has come on board with the Neighbours crew, the promos have changed dramatically. He's probably putting some sort of influence over the promo people to drag more viewers in. Because before, the Neighbours promos were crappy and revealed nothing about the next episode. They pretty much played over the last scene.

That promo about Janae drowning and Ned freaking out made me laugh so hard... The ocean was shallow and flat as!

I just don’t want the promos and try and avoid them, but when its ipossible (as they do show them every ad break or near enough anyway) I just ignore them. It’s the content of the actual show that matters…but I definitely think they are misleading and total crap, similarly to the H&A ones…I just reckon promos should be scrapped all together.

They still do repeat the last scene of the previous episodes for promos too, which seems weird, but in a strange way it could be better to just repeat the cliff-hanger scene as a promo.

I wonder whether you're misreading the relationship between Ned and Janae. They obviously care for one another but don't want to admit it because both have been hurt in the past.

The other week Ned and Janae were on a brief training excursion to the beach. The promos called it a "romantic getaway" and that annoyed me.

The thing that really irritates me with Neighbours promos is that they play the same one for days on end, so then you tune in to the ep expecting a storyline that isn't there until Friday or something...

I don't think the answer is getting rid of promos altogether, because some people do need to be reminded that shows are on and that storylines could be of interest (eg, when I thought I could miss an ep but then they reminded me that Paul was having amnesia - I lose track of these things sometimes...) but when they constantly and purposely lie about stuff, it does get annoying.

Most of the promos may embellish things, but the most annoying one I've seen was before the Lou and Andy cameo. The shot of Toadie and Steph laughing was completely misleading: the impression it gave was that they would witness Andy's out-of-wheelchair antics and be laughing at Lou's obliviousness to the whole thing. Instead they were laughing at Pepper and Davo. Anyone else misled by this and annoyed?

Exactly what I mean, they are so annoying, I am like "Yeah? I will see it before I actually believe you)

emmasi- I don't mean getting rid of them, but actually having them say what's actually happening in the episode, they don't seem to do it with the first episode of the first season of any show when its new but when its get old then they start to do it

FKAJ- Oh that's another prime example, Susan didn't even have anything to do with it, she was saying oh my god (Or something) to Davo because she found out he was lying to her and Karl. Then there's the Rosie and Pepper scene where they are in thier bikinis lying against the armchairs outside and Rosie says "Oh my god" (Sounds more in irriated voice thought).....Where in the heck was that scene? The only scene with Rosie/Pepper wearing bikinis were when they were in the pool and neither said Oh my god, so obivously they weren't talking about it (Probably abvout either Frazer, Davo or that other guy that told Davo off from Pepper)

Yeah I don’t mind promos if they are simple and not sensationalising the shows, I like the promos for The Bill…it shows quick shots of stuff to come, but not enough to spoil it all! And it doesnt have a voice over telling us what to think.

H&A and Neighbours should just show a promo every friday and the normal closing credits on the other days. The promo's should be similar to those seen at the end of 'Bad girls' just a few short clips, not revealing much but look really exciting, with no voiceover.

Archived