Broken

Guest jessie

lol. It seems a lot of people are confused.

1. Martha was in a coma and was sort of in another world

2. When she crossed through the light she was just the spirit that had escaped from her body from when she fell into the coma

3. When they turned off her life support machine, thats what was the trigger to send the spirit back into the body and come back to life.

lol. Martha is awake and alive. lol just thought I would clear that up.

Ok I'm a little less confused now.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I came back from my holiday yesterday. Sorry for not updating as soon as I got home but I had no inspiration and I had to work this morning.

CHAPTER THREE

Martha groggily lifted her left hand towards her face. Her hand arose past her hips and ribs but she lost her strength and it fell down back against the left side of her body almost instantly. I'm so weak. I can't move anything without it hurting. Martha rotated her eyeballs as far down as she could to try and get a look at her beaten body. She saw scratches, cuts and gashes everywhere.

Martha then saw the remote beside her bed. It was a rectangular black shape with 4 red buttons. 1 red button was to call a doctor in. The 2nd red button was to move the top half of her bed upwards. The 3rd red button was to move the top half of her bed downwards. And the 3rd red button was to turn on the television. If only I could grab it and press button number 1 then Rachel would be in here soon to help me.

Martha raised her right hand to try and reach for the remote but her hand instantly fell. She tried to scream but all that came out was a silent sound that was easily not going to be recognised in a noisy hospital. Martha winced. The pain was growing more and more unbearable. What am I going to do?.

----------------------------------------------------

Rachel walked over with a cup of coffee. She rested it on the bench next to the filing cabinet and began picking through all the documents and files. She turned around to pick up her coffee when something caught her eye. It was Jack. He was sitting in the waiting area with his head in both his hands. His back was noticeably shaking and it was very apparent that he was crying. Rachel took her coffee in her left hand and walked over towards him. She laid all her documents on the seat to her left and then turned around to her right to face Jack. She put his hand on his back.

"Jack, you shouldn't still be here. It's been 1 hour and I'm sure both yours and Martha's family need you right now. I know it's hard but you will get through this, you're a Holden." said Rachel sympathetically.

"I know, but this is the last place I saw Martha and I don't think I am ready to leave yet" sobbed Jack

"Here Jack, you need this more than I do" said Rachel as she handed her coffee towards him.

Jack lifted his head and took the coffee from Rachel, thanking her in the process. After spending 20 minutes talking with Rachel Jack stood up and wiped his eyes. He stretched his arms and legs and headed towards the the bin and dropped the empty coffee cup in. Rachel sighed, she wasn't sure whether he was going to get through this.

-------------------------------------------------------

Martha was exhausted, an hour and a half of failed attempts for help. She couldn't stand it anymore. She didn't care if the pain would be excruciating, the pain of never seeing Jack and her family would be even more unbearable. She concentrated on the remote, moved her arms underneath her, wincing in the process and forced her body towards the remote.

Martha's top half of her body landed on the table whilst the rest stayed on the hospital bed. She screamed in pain, but, like before all that could be heard was a silent noise, to quiet to identify. She moved her left hand as far as she could to reach the remote but still couldnt reach it.

She through both hands on the remote by kicking her legs and wrapped her hands tightly around the piece of electronics and pressed the top red button. But unfortunately, she forced her body to much and ended up falling onto the floor.

------------------------------------------------------

Rachel saw Hugh and ran behind him. She placed her hands over his eyes and giggled.

"Guess who! I'll give you a hint, It's your lovely, pretty, gorgeous girlfriend" laughed Rachel

"Oh It must be Pamela Anderson then" laughed Hugh as he pulled Rachel's hands away from his eyes and turned around. Rachel had her hands on her hips.

"Not funny!" said Rachel as she tapped her foot on the floor of the hospital. Hugh pouted his lips and put his hands on his hips to imitate her. Rachel laughed and went in for a kiss but was stopped when she heard a beeping. She turned to the board and saw the flashing green light signalling disturbance in Martha's room.

Rachel frowned, kissed Hugh and turned the other way. She began to walk to Martha's room and opened the door...she was shocked at what she found.

I can't get out of bed today

Or get you off my mind

I just can't seem to find a way

To leave the love behind

I ain't trippin

I'm just missing you

You know what I'm saying

You know what I mean

You kept me hanging from a string

Why you make me cry?

I tried to give you everything

But you just gave me lies