Broken

Guest jessie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys, Just letting you know that I am going on holidays tomorrow untill Sunday. So from tomorrow untill Sunday, no updates sorry. But I will update when I get back because I have three weeks of holidays. Oh by the way the song at the end of the first chapter is called 'Hands' by Jewel.

CHAPTER TWO

Martha instantly felt a strong, cold breeze pass her. The breeze was so strong that it felt like her arms, legs and head were being thrown/pulled back into the air but her torso was still. She felt like she was floating in the air, like she was an angel in one of Pippa's fairy stories. She smiled uncontrollably. This was it. The moment that occupied her thoughts for 6 months. 6 months since the accident. All of a sudden the forceful breeze stopped and she felt like she was floating again. Except it was different. She could hear lou sudden sounds. Machines beaping....doctors talking...people crying...she could also hear someone sobbing...Jack?

Martha smiled again. This is it. When I open my eyes I will see Jack and everyone that I have wanted to see since before the accident. Martha opened her eyes and saw Jack sitting beside her hospital bed. But to her shock and disappointment she also saw herself, lying there, on the hospital bed, as still, white and cold as she's ever seen herself. She also saw Jack crying next to her. Except it wasn't her? It was the lifeless body lying on the bed. Martha didn't know what was going on. She looked down. It wasn't a feeling, she really WAS floating. Am I a spirit? Is this what happens to everyone who has gone through the light? They follow people around in the real world untill someone turns off the machine? What a waste of hope, faith and love. Martha cursed.

Somehow, Martha managed to lower herself down onto the other chair that was beside Jack. She was overcome with tears. She could see him, hear him and touch him....but could he notice her presence? Martha slowly and cautiously raised her left hand and placed it on his shoulder. He turned his head quickly.

----------------------------------------------

It was the fifth day that week that Jack was lying beside his girlfriend. It was all my fault. I caused the accident. If I had been watching the road more closely then Martha wouldn't be like this. She would be with me and we would be happy again. Now she isn't with me anymore and if the studies are right, then Martha will be miserable and all by herself. Is Rachel right? Should I turn off her life support machine? Robbie did it for Graham and he didnt have any remorse. Robbie said it was the best thing he had ever done for his grandfather and that he would never change it if he went back.

Jack started to cry. The reality set in. There is a good chance Martha may not pull through. There is a good chance the life support will have to be switched off. He stopped crying. He felt something. Something small and minor but it was definetely something. A light pressure on his shoulder. He turned but saw nothing. But he sensed something. He reached out his hand but didn't touch anything. He was all alone - AGAIN.

--------------------------------------------

1 WEEK LATER

"Hey Rach, I have spoken to every one of Martha's friends and family and they think It's best to turn off the machine" said Jack with a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"Oh and tell Hugh that I am sorry about all the yelling the other day" said Jack

"Thats OK and I think you have made the right decision" said Rachel

"NOOOOOO Jack...please don't..I am right here. Im right beside you. Dont push me away. I waiting for you. I'll figure it out Jack. I'll figure a way out for us to be together again. Please - just wait" cried Martha but she got no response from neither Rachel nor Jack.

She reached out quickly and grabbed on to Jack and Rachel. The both flinched but said nothing.

"Everyone decided that they couldn't cope with being here when Martha's machine was switched off, so I am going to be the only one here" said Jack. His feelings overcame him and he began to cry.

"They said that they will farewell her at the memorial service and also at the funeral" cried Jack

"Thats ok Jack, I will go put down these papers and we will do it soon" said Rachel

Rachel hugged Jack. When she released her grip from him Jack noticed she was crying.

"Im so sorry for not being able to help her" whispered Rachel. Rachel went over towards Hugh to dump the documents and paperwork off. She dropped the papers of with Julie and Hugh approached her to see if she was ok. She began to cry again, remembering that Martha was about to die and that she was never going to speak to her again. He hugged her tightly untill she began to calm down. After 5 minutes, Rachel approached Jack again.

"I am sorry about that, I am very emotional" muttered Rachel. She tried not to say to much as she was about to break down again. Jack hugged her tightly to calm her down. They both approached Martha's room and shut the door. Jack noticed tears were rolling down his cheeks as he was about to have Martha slip out of his life permanantly.

"NOOO JACK! Please don't!" cried Martha.

Rachel walked over towards Martha's life support machine and switched it off slowly. When hearing the 'click' of the switch and the machines shutting down and Martha's flatline appear, Jack broke down. He fell to the floor and began to cry. Rachel helped him up and led him outside, closing the door behind.

------------------------------------------

Martha watched in horror as Rachel walked towards her life support machine. She kept crying out for them to stop but they didn't. When the 'click' was heard, Martha felt the strong, cold breeze again. She went back to the 'ragdoll' position that she was in a week ago. But when the cold rush of air stopped. She noticed something. She felt more alive than ever. She opened her eyes and couldn't believe it. She was back. She felt very groggy. She looked around and noticed the flowers beside her bed and a couple of photos with Jack, Alf and Sally. She saw the switched off machines and the closed door. Martha McKenzie was back.

You're a falling star, You're the get away car.

You're the line in the sand when I go too far.

You're the swimming pool, on an August day.

And you're the perfect thing to say.

And you play you're coy, but it's kinda cute.

Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do.

Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true.

Cause you can see it when I look at you.

[Chorus:]

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,

And you light me up, when you ring my bell.

You're a mystery, you're from outer space,

You're every minute of my everyday.

And I can't believe, that I'm your man,

And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.

Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,

And you know that's what our love can do.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

You're every song, and I sing along.

'Cause you're my everything.

Yeah, yeah

That was fantastic! Absolutely loved the description!

Poor Jack :( and Martha :(

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE that song :wub: OMG, it finally clicks *rushes off to Rachel's fic*

Enjoy your holiday; we'll be eagerly awaiting an update when you get back :)

lol. It seems a lot of people are confused.

1. Martha was in a coma and was sort of in another world

2. When she crossed through the light she was just the spirit that had escaped from her body from when she fell into the coma

3. When they turned off her life support machine, thats what was the trigger to send the spirit back into the body and come back to life.

lol. Martha is awake and alive. lol just thought I would clear that up.

Archived