The Anti JnM

Guest Roccoluver

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been away from BTTB for awhile, but what a great thread to come back to. Hate Jack and Martha together how boring they are. Don't mind Jack on his own, i think him and Rachel would make a lovely couple. Looking forward to the Belle and Dom storyline next year and less Martha and Jack storylines .

I've been away from BTTB for awhile, but what a great thread to come back to. Hate Jack and Martha together how boring they are. Don't mind Jack on his own, i think him and Rachel would make a lovely couple. Looking forward to the Belle and Dom storyline next year and less Martha and Jack storylines .

Me too. I hate how these two have take over. They are the most irritating, boring, annoying, nauseating, stupid, ridiculous and cliched couple ever. I thought Kirsty and Kane were bad enough but at least they had some chemistry and both Christie Hayes and Sam Atwell could actually act. The K K story line also had some meat to it, J M does not, it treats viewers like 8 year olds. I feel that the Jack and Martha saga is an indication that they have gone down the path of dumbing down the show. They are they main reason that I do not watch the show as much as I used to. It is not an ensemble cast any more and it is the Martha McKenzie show with Jack Holden as her limpid co star. They have overshadowed practically everything in the last year. You only have to look at some of the posts on this site, and how much they dominate to see how much they have taken over. Nealy all the discussion is about them. Its like everyone has been brainwashed by the network. :ph34r: I think the show will be better off when they go to be honest or when they stop this they are soul mates palava once and for all.

Dear god, where has this thread been all my life??? Hallelujah, a safe-haven to express my Jack and Martha hatred without fear of reprisal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they remind me of a brother and sister, its so gross! I actually liked Martha during the pole-dancer phase and genuinely thought for a while that they were over forever, but no Sam arrives back in town and then suddenly Martha's feelings for Jack get stronger, cue Home and Away being ruined for then next half of the year. Its like Martha has that fabled "dog in the manger" sydrome(I hope I'm not the only one who knows what that is), and she kind of wanted Jack but now that Sam has him she really wants him. Why do the writers think they are so special? They don't suit each other at all, and why would Martha think that they could make it as a couple when they were a disaster before and she was willing to abandon him at the drop of a hat. It s ridiculous how much the show focuses on them, and depressingly its only going to get worse in 2008. Jodi Gordon extended her contract to finish up at the same time as Paul O'Brien's which means an inevitable reunion and sunset departure for Jack and Martha, probably in the 2008 season finale, no doubt the writers will want to flog this dead horse to the bitter end.

It s ridiculous how much the show focuses on them, and depressingly its only going to get worse in 2008. Jodi Gordon extended her contract to finish up at the same time as Paul O'Brien's which means an inevitable reunion and sunset departure for Jack and Martha, probably in the 2008 season finale, no doubt the writers will want to flog this dead horse to the bitter end.

I don't think I can bear it.... the thought of another year of J and M fills me with dread and an unexpected desire to go and jump of a cliff and end it all :P .... I think I could tolerate them if they did not dominate the show so much but this saturation of J and M'ness is making me feel quite ill. Its seriously depressing.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate J&M. Seriously. It's not even good anymore.

It was all "Awww" - in 2005. Now it's "I think I'm going to scream". Jack is good when he is single. Martha is bearable when she is single. When they are both dating different people, they think about each-other. When they date each-other, they fight non-stop because they are both STUPID! Jack is a good character, but move on. Martha is in the past! THE PAST!... Martha, please leave or stop moaning! :(

I really can't stand this couple. I just want to throw a cup at the screen when they flirt or fight. I'd like Jack to have a normal relationship with normal conversations and normal excuses for when he is late for a date. "I got held up at the station" is beginning to become his theme tune.

Agh, this has been dragged for years. Please, stop now before it wrecks the show!

I couldn't agree more. When I first saw the JM stuff in the 2005 season I already knew I hated this couple because I had already seen most of the 2006 and 2007 season.

I remember reading someone's post a few years ago, saying Home&Away had become the Sutherland show, well all I can say is: if the Sutherlands were so bad, what about Jack and Martha?! Sure, they were pretty cute at first when Martha hated Jack and all, but now it's like Home&Away has become the Jack&Martha show.

They are just everywhere, and unfortunately I can't see an end to it unless at least one of them leave. I don't think we'll see that happen though, I'm willing to be a lot on them leaving the Bay together. I mean, at the beginning of the 2007 season I was so sure their dramas were finally coming to an end and that we could have them together as a happy couple, period. But here we are, one year, Cam, Ash, Sam, Michael and a bunch of crap later and it's starting to look like this has only just started. Seriously if you think about it they have basically been moving NOWHERE for the last year and a half.

They date other people, share some kind of moment, then they stick to their separate relationships until something happens to make one of them realise he/she still has feelings for the other. The other says it's over and belongs in the past (give me a break), the first one seems to agree and forget all about it, and then BIG SURPRISE and happy days, the OTHER ONE realise he/she has feelings for the first one and end up doing something stupid (this is usually Martha). Aaaand then we go back to the beginning again.

Dear god, where has this thread been all my life??? Hallelujah, a safe-haven to express my Jack and Martha hatred without fear of reprisal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they remind me of a brother and sister, its so gross! I actually liked Martha during the pole-dancer phase and genuinely thought for a while that they were over forever, but no Sam arrives back in town and then suddenly Martha's feelings for Jack get stronger, cue Home and Away being ruined for then next half of the year. Its like Martha has that fabled "dog in the manger" sydrome(I hope I'm not the only one who knows what that is), and she kind of wanted Jack but now that Sam has him she really wants him. Why do the writers think they are so special? They don't suit each other at all, and why would Martha think that they could make it as a couple when they were a disaster before and she was willing to abandon him at the drop of a hat. It s ridiculous how much the show focuses on them, and depressingly its only going to get worse in 2008. Jodi Gordon extended her contract to finish up at the same time as Paul O'Brien's which means an inevitable reunion and sunset departure for Jack and Martha, probably in the 2008 season finale, no doubt the writers will want to flog this dead horse to the bitter end.

Great post. I especially agree with the points in bold above. I'm so sick of them both going backwards & forwards over & over again...

I am so going to be cackling when they do the big J&M reunion episode, and by that time, even the fans, just don't care. Serves them right for wasting two or more years of screentime on this eggshell couple!!

Hopefully Bevan Lee will sort this out within the first month, well he obviously does something, because of all the spoilers. But I think he knows what the show needs, not what the fans want. And since they only seem to listen to the J&M minority, the ones who write letters to channel 7 demanding answers and not to fans who have actually followed the show throughout its run. It seems, because of them like the show is caught in limbo, like it hasn't changed at all since 2005. MOVE ON!!!!!

• 1 month later...

After the way Jack and Martha have behaved during the never-ending saga of their relationship, I don't think anyone else should have to put up with either of them. Sam and Michael were both decent people (emphasis on Michael as opposed to Jonah there!) and look how they got treated. At the end of the day Jack and Martha will always gravitate towards one another, even though realistically they'll never be able to make their relationship work, so I'd rather they just got back together and left the bay. At least then they can continue to mess each other around elsewhere. In any case, please let's not have another potentially decent character ruined by being dragged into the Jack and Martha nonsense.

Hear, Hear!!!

Its too cruel to have anyone else hurt by their nonsense.

Exactly...and what really gets me is that the poor idiots who get caught up in their stupid games..... who as c_l says started out as perfectly decent people..... get totally screwed over... and then they get blamed for keeping the demi god which is J and M apart.... the mindless stupidity of it beggers belief sometimes. Personally I am fed up with the whole J and M thing ...it's not even a joke any more...its pitiful.... Its got to be resolved one way or another ... either they are never going to get together..and that is made perfectly clear so that we end this constant will they wont they crap... or they do get together and they put every one out of this misery. .... they have inflicted misery on each other and other people...and as claire_louise says they are are never really going to make each other happy.... but they are not going to let themselves or each other be hapy with any one else either. So they should just leave and go be dysfunctional elsewhere...or better still they kill one of them off and allow at least one of them to have a normal life and relationship with someone else...as they sure as hell are never going to have that with each other.

Roman deserves a hell of a lot better and I reckon he wont be one who will be messed around by Martha. It won't last long.

This says it all. They are evil I tell you. Its positively sick making.

Archived