The Anti JnM

Guest Roccoluver

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I have tea?

They take up to much screen time and the whole "watch them try to work they belong together" is so horrible, how can anyone think they belong together when at the first moment of trouble they ditched their marriage?. They are way over hyped and unrealistic, not to mention they totally ruined Martha's character after she got together with Jack.

Sign me up right away, I hate J/M- always have always will. They have got to be one of the most annoying, nausiating couples ever to grace the tv screen. The thing is they are hyped-up as a meant-to-be, fairytale couple but in reality they have no chemistry and their whole back story is incredibly lame. I mean they got married 5 mins after they first started going out, then 5 mins after they did get married they broke up. And why, because Jack decided to go to work and try and catch the local pyro and then go for a few drinks with his mates after work- shock horror. So after Martha leaves him, because him being a police officer takes up too much time what does she do, go and find herself another police man to shack up with. All of a sudden she doesn't mind that he actually has to go to work, she also doesn't mind that he has a wife and kids and happens to be Jack's best mate. As individuals i find Martha to be incredibly selfish, whiny and self centered, however i actually began to warm to Jack when he became involved with Sam and really enjoyed them as a couple they were so much better than him and Martha. Overall i think that the only reason they are 'popular' is because of the way the writers have portrayed them as a 'golden couple' and the way this idea of the 'perfect fairytale romance' appeals to younger audiences.

I have my tea with two sugars and milk. The thing with Jack and Martha breaking up is that it's the best thing (Worst for us) they could do for them why? Because once they were married where could they go storyline wise? Children? Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't like another member of the Madge Wilkins nursery. Breaking them up was the only way they can keep them in the show. The J/M fans so want them to get together they'll keep watching until they do and when that happens you'll either see one of them die or both of them sailing into the sunset. Just look at past Home and Away Super Couples. Shane and Angel, bickered and fought until they realised they belonged together. Got Married, Shane Died. Kane and Kirsty, once everyone accepted they were a couple, Kane got cancer, got framed for Armed Robbery fled town with Kirsty. Noah and Hayley, they were the perfect couple until both characters were old enough to get married. What happened? They broke them up. Hayley got with Alex, Alex cheated on her with Brodie, he left town with her. Hayley got back with Noah, they got married Noah died. So in short I'm all for them getting back together because once that happens it means the end is near.

Four? That's a lot of sugar, young man. Well, the tea is now served...and they are served with Anti-Jack and Martha mugs! :D Cheers!

I actually prefer Kirsty and Kane over this couple. *shudders* Atleast with them, I hated them...but I loved to hate them. With Martha and Jack, I just hate them. Together they are overused and annoying, but when they are apart, they're boring.

Archived