Random Facts

Guest Nathan

Some random facts about Blue Heelers:

In episode eight, Tom Croydon (John Wood) tells Maggie Doyle (Lisa McCune) "Lisa, lock the station". A similar error occurred in episode 44, when Maggie calls Tom's dog Digger by the dog's real name, Blue.

Tasma Walton, Jane Allsop and Samantha Tolj all had guest roles before being cast as Dash McKinley, Jo Parrish and Kelly O'Rourke, respectively.

Maggie and PJ were never intended to be a couple - Maggie was originally going to be paired with Wayne, until fans pointed out the tension between her and PJ.

When the original plan for Blue Heelers was accepted by Channel Seven in 1993, Maggie Doyle was called Molly Doyle.

John Wood is the only cast member to have appeared in every episode.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an endless supply of entertainment facts, so I may just keep posting until I run out :lol:. Anyway...

In the Elizabeth Montgomery Telemovie 'A Case of Rape' (One of NBC's many drama telemovies of the 70s), NBC decided that one rape sceen was enough (all it showed was Montogomery being beaten) - they had filmed two and decided that the second one was just a filler, Montgomery felt so strongly that this sceen, depicting rape in gory details, should be kept in that she threated to walk out on the rest of filming if they did - it was kept.

In Bewitched Elizabeth Montgomery played the roles of Samantha Stephens and her more free-spirited cousin Serena. However in the cast listing, the role of Serena was listed as being played by Pandora Spocks. Many viewers didn't realize this, and wrote "Pandora" fan mail.

In Bewitched almost all of the female witches' character names end with the letter "a", including Samantha, Endora, Esmeralda, Clara, Hagatha, Enchantra and Tabitha. Some exceptions include Abigail Beechum (Maurice's private secretary) and Mary (friend of Bertha, Endora and Clara).

Bewitched's famous animated opening credits were created by Hanna-Barbera Productions

After her initial five-year contract was up, Elizabeth Montgomery announced she would move on to other things. Desperate to keep the show going, ABC gave her part ownership of Bewitched as part of her new contract.

In Sabrina, The teenage Witch Sabrina's annoying cousin Amanda is actually played by Melissa Joan Hart's little sister Emily Hart

Also in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Melissa Joan Hart is the only cast member to appear in all episodes

In Reba, the character of Reba was originally going to have the name "Sally" but Reba McEntire decided that because she had such a loyal fanbase from her singing career, naming the character Reba would help her fans connect to the show.

In the last ever episode of Reba, The Kids are Alright, Reba calls Barbara Jean her Best Friend for the first time ever

The last line of 'Reba' is said by Reba, it is "Because we're survivors"

Scarlett Pomers returned as Kyra in the final season of Reba after being gone for most of season 5 to get a handle on her eating disorder

In Carry on Loving, carry on... regular Peter Butterworth appears for only one minute during this film, the shoot only took one day to complete

Sesame Street made a character based on Dolly Parton. She was blue with blonde hair and her name was Polly Darton.

Dolly Parton and her family of 14 grew up in a one room cabin in Tennessee when she was younger.

Dolly Parton competed against Louie Anderson for the hosting job on Family Feud.

Dolly Parton's 42-inch bosom is insured for $600,000

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

does that mean i can prove i am more intelligent than my science teacher,

who FAILED YEAR NINE SCIENCE!

and is now teaching yr 7,9 and 10.. :blink:

Archived