London 2012

Guest Frankie

The one think you can say about this logo is that people will remember it for years to come. Can you remember the last one? I can't. :P Sad to say I can not remember the australian one either nor what the mascot was...(tho it was probably a roo :P)

*I* remember the Sydney logo and the FOUR mascots! The logo was a semi-aboroginal style person running with a banner thing that formed a vague sydney opera house shape... I remember it because there was some woman from an anti-battery hen place who was convinced that it looked like a "sad chicken"....... okay then.

The mascots were Syd, Milly, and Olly - kookaburra, echidna, and platypus (I think that's the right order)... and then there was a fourth unnoficial mascott, "Fatso" the wombat, courtesy of comedic sports commentators Roy & HG :D

I hope this has been enlightening for you :)

Now I remember ...Thank you. :D

I wonder what the poms are going to come up with as mascots.....any suggestions?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to be clear, we're all dying on the 21st, not the 12th of December 2012. I watched a documentary on the Mayan calendar today. Apparently that's when a Jesus-like figure comes back, and there's a destructive flood... BUT I was mislead, the calendar DOES continue after that date! It's just that the world will be going on in a post-apocalyptic nightmare... should be fun :)

Archived