London 2012

Guest Frankie

I like how they were talking about doing tests on the video which might have caused epilepsy.

I then just had the vision of them sitting 100 eplileptics in a room, showing them the video and then count how many of them were having a fit.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends parents both work with the company who designed the logo. They've all had a lot of criticism I suppose it's just people have different tastes. However, they must have known that a logo which representing London should have been thought out more. It does look dreadful and cost 400,00 pounds to make. Think of else that amount of money could be used for???

I can't believe they spent 400,000 on it, firstly, without properly checking that the public liked it before making it official and unchangeable; and secondly, when a child could have come up with that. Hardly 400,000 pound quality is it?

I think it would have been more in keeping with hte games if they had held a competiton and got kids to design it...some of the alternative designs which have been submitted are sensational....and that would ahv been cheaper too:P

The one think you can say about this logo is that people will remember it for years to come. Can you remember the last one? I can't. :P Sad to say I can not remember the australian one either nor what the mascot was...(tho it was probably a roo :P)

So when is that meteor meant to come and blow us all up???

Or am i just imagining things??

:P

I thought it was 2019 but apparently I was wrong and its 2029, has anyone else notice that the 0 looks like a meteor, maybe they think its going to happen in 2012?

The one think you can say about this logo is that people will remember it for years to come. Can you remember the last one? I can't. :P Sad to say I can not remember the australian one either nor what the mascot was...(tho it was probably a roo :P)

*I* remember the Sydney logo and the FOUR mascots! The logo was a semi-aboroginal style person running with a banner thing that formed a vague sydney opera house shape... I remember it because there was some woman from an anti-battery hen place who was convinced that it looked like a "sad chicken"....... okay then.

The mascots were Syd, Milly, and Olly - kookaburra, echidna, and platypus (I think that's the right order)... and then there was a fourth unnoficial mascott, "Fatso" the wombat, courtesy of comedic sports commentators Roy & HG :D

I hope this has been enlightening for you :)

Archived