Guest bttb-rox!

Story Title: A Fairytale Ending

Type of story: One-shot

Main Characters: Jack and Martha

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Drama/Romance

Does story include spoilers: Yes

Any warnings: None

Summary: Martha regreats getting involved with Cam and wants to find her way back to Jack. Jack also feels the same way about Martha......

Martha's P.O.V

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring or the journey ahead will hold for us but I am certain of one thing, you are the love of my life, and we will be together now and forever.

Those words repeated in her head as she lay still on her bed. Who would have thought we would be where we are now, she kept thinking. Why did I get sucked into Cam’s world, how could I be so stupid? She carried on asking herself.

Jack’s P.O.V

We used to be so happy together. Our future looked perfect, but then suddenly it all fell apart. I hope that one day we will be together again and as happy as we were before we separated.

Martha’s P.O.V

There is not one second in every day that I don’t think about him. Every second I regret what happened. But now Cam is out of my life forever, maybe there is hope for us. Maybe we could be as happy together as we used to be.

Jack’s P.O.V

When Cam left her it was like we were given a second chance. Perhaps this time it could work out. Things could go back to the way they used to be, he kept thinking.

Martha’s P.O.V

Does he still feel the same way about me? That was the question that bugged her the most. His feelings might have changed she kept thinking. He is always there for me in good times and in bad, I can trust him, he never lets me down, which is more than I can say about Cam Reynolds.

Jack’s P.O.V

This is driving me crazy, I have to speck to her, ask her about how she is feeling. I can’t lay here forever dwelling on what could or won’t be. I will go and see her today, that way I will know for sure whether there is still a chance for us.

Martha's P.O.V

I wish we could be honest about how we feel towards each other. I can’t think of anything worse than admitting you like someone and then you stand there waiting for a reply back. But I know Jack to well, he would always be honest with me. I need to see him maybe that will help.

The next day at the surf club, Martha is working in the bar when Jack comes in.

‘Hey Martha’ Jack says nervously.

‘Jack, what can I do for you?’’ Martha replies.

‘A chat would be good’ Jack says not knowing whether it was a good idea to say that or not.

A chat? Martha asks.

‘You know when two people talk about stuff’’ Jack says cockily.

‘I’ve got a break coming up in a few minutes, we could go to the diner then if you like’ she replies.

Alf comes in

‘You might as well head off early, this place is as quite as anything’ Alf says.

‘Oh are sure granddad?’ Martha asks.

‘Cause I am’. Alf says reassuring her.

‘Thanks granddad, you’re a legend!’ she replies.

‘I was kind off thinking somewhere more private than the diner’. Jack says.

How about my place then? Martha asks.

‘Great’ he replies.

Martha’s place (the flat above the diner)

‘So what was it you wanted to talk to me about’ Martha asks seriously.

‘I just wanted to make sure you are okay, you know, after everything that’s happened to you recently’. ‘I’d hate for you to feel like you couldn’t talk to anyone, especially me’ Jack says in reply.

‘Not too bad, considering’. ‘I’m just so relived that Cam is out my life now’ she replies.

‘So am I, everyday I worried about you working at The Rocket Club and hanging around Cam’. Jack says honestly.

‘Thank you so much Jack’ Martha says.

‘Don’t mention it, it’s my job to look after people’ he replies.

‘I mean it, thank you for everything you have done for me recently, I don’t know what I would do without Jack’ Martha says nervously.

Jack and Martha both smile at each other. He then hugs her tightly. They both pull away from the hug slowly.

‘I love you Jack’ Martha blurts out.

‘I’m so glad you said that before me Martha because I’m in love with you too’ Jack replies.

Jack gently touches Martha’s face and kisses her

A year later and Jack and Martha are happily married and have a little girl. Until one day Jack get’s a phone call.

‘I can’t believe it!’ Jack says loudly.

‘Jack, what is it?’ Martha asks holding their daughter Kate.

‘I have been offered a transfer to New York!’ Jack replies happily.

‘Jack, that’s fantastic’ Martha says kissing Jack.

‘Are you going to take it’ Martha asks.

‘It’s the opportunity of a life time Martha, I can’t just let it go’ ‘The pay will be double if not more what I’m getting paid here, and Kate would have such a great life in America’. ‘But its up to you Martha, do you want to stay in Summer Bay or come with me to the U.S.A? Jack says excitedly.

Martha doesn’t say anything

‘….Martha’ Jack says.

‘YES!’ Martha replies.

‘Yes as in you’ll come to America with me?’ Jack asks.

‘Of cause I will come with you. Wherever you go I go because one things for sure I’m never letting you out of my sight again Jack Holden! She replies.

‘You here that Kate, mummy and daddy are taking you to America!’ Martha says.

‘I don’t think her vocabulary is advanced enough yet to say anything back!’ Jack says laughing.

‘I love you Jack’. Martha says lovingly.

‘I love you too’ Jack replied.

They kiss and think about the journey they are about to share together.

Comments

Archived