When The Cameras Stop Rolling

Guest Lilone

Kate was sitting on the beach looking into the sea just watching the tide come in and out, “Kate are you ok?” Jon shouted as he ran towards her with his surfboard.

Kate raised her head, half smiling towards Jon but he could see she wasn’t really in the mood for a chat.

Jon placed his board on the sand as he sat next to her, “It’s weird how things change, one minute everything is perfect…. Then well the next your whole life is being ripped apart before yours eyes”

Kate turned her head and looked up at Jon, “It’s like…. Nic he had his job and he had his friends but all the time he was working you could see that Clare was the one person he wanted to be with all day, he loved her so much.”

“Nic’s a strong person, he has his friends and that’s all that counts at the end of the day, we will be there for him no matter what.” Jon said noticing a single tear down Kate’s face.

Jon lifted his hand to Kate’s face, wiping the tear from her face and smiled warmly at her, she smiled back at him, "Thank you.” Kate said getting upset again.

“Come here.” Jon, said smiling as he held his arms open as he hugged Kate.

Awww :wub:.

Another fantastic chapter Lil! Rhys :o. Looking foward to seeing how Jodi copes with everything.

Bobby shooting his mouth off at Cam was great, I could see the scene in my head!!

Well done Lil :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read all five. :D

Great fic, Lil it's really good to get someone else's view on the actors.

I can't believe you killed Clare off, now how about Holly and Nic getting together. :P

:o Jodi is pregnant to Rhys this should be interesting. :ph34r:

So much for a jodi/paul romance. <_<

I can't believe Cam has to sack three people, it better not be anyone i like.

I wouldn't mind if Chris S got the boot, i think he's starting to get boring. lol.

Chapter Six

“Holly!” Bobby said shocked as he saw her stood by the office door,

Holly was hardly moving and she couldn’t believe what Bobby had just said.

Before Bobby could ask if she was okay, she had run off upset out of the studios.

“Holly!” Kate said stunned as she and Jon saw Holly running.

She suddenly came to a stop as she shouted, “Where’s Nic?”

“I think… I think he’s at Tim’s, Holly are you ok?” Kate asked worried.

Holly just looked at Kate and Jon before she ran to her car and sped of towards Tim’s house.

Holly arrived at Tim’s; she was still in shock…. All she could think about was Nic and how he was.

Holly ran up to the door, banging on the door as Tim opened it, “Holly” Tim said gob smacked.

Nic lifted himself up from lying on the sofa and looked at the door, Holly slowly walked in and gave him a half smile before Nic stood running over to her.

“I’m so sorry Nic” Holly whispered softly in his ear as she hugged him.

Tears fell down Nic’s face as Holly held him in her arms, she was crying as well.

Amy looked at Tim and they both headed outside to leave Nic and Holly alone.

“I couldn’t believe it when Bobby said she was dead.” Holly said tearfully as she looked at Nic.

Nic couldn’t bring himself to say anything, he was still in shock and the only thing he knew at the minute is, grieving for Clare was going to be the most difficult thing he has ever had to go through but with Holly by his side, his best mate he knew she was going to be there for him no matter what.

Bobby had stormed off out of Cam’s office and he ended up sitting alone on the beach when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he lifted his head up and saw Frankie smiling at him.

“I heard you losing it with that guy” Frankie laughed as she sat next to Bobby.

“He deserved it, treating us like fools and messing with our careers” Bobby said angrily.

“Guess I will count myself lucky I’m only a guest”

Bobby just laughed at her as he said, “You fancy a swim?”

Tim and Amy walked back into the house as they saw Holly covering Pete with a blanket as he lay fast asleep on the sofa, “Holly were just heading back to the studios, could you stay with Nic?” Tim asked quietly.

Holly nodded and walked to the front door with the both of them, “Holly is nice to see you back” Tim said as he hugged Holly.

“Have you got any wine, Tim?” Holly asked just before Tim got in Amy’s car.

“In the back cupboard” Tim replied as they waved goodbye.

Holly walked back into the house and took a glass from the cupboard and started to look for the wine, she so needed a drink after everything that had happened, she poured her wine that sat on the chair and watched a very restless Nic sleep.

Jon sat in his dressing room when Kate entered with tears in her eyes, “Jon I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

He walked over to Kate as he pulled her into his arms, “Kate what can’t you do?”

She slowly lifted her head as she looked at Jon teary eyed and said, “I don’t know whether I can work here anymore, not if I know their going to pull the cast apart”

“Kate I promise you I will try my best to keep the cast as the way it is” Jon told Kate.

Kate just looked up as she said, “It’s not that simple you know that!”

“Look Kate I’m not going down without a fight!”

Jon placidly kissed Kate’s head softly as he whispered, “I promise”

“Clare please wake up” Nic yelled as he was pulling his blanket away from himself.

Holly shot up from the chair and ran over to Nic, “Nic…. It’s a dream. It’s okay; everything’s going to be ok!”

Sleepy eyed, Nic looked at Holly and burst into tears, Holly hugged him as she rested his head on her chest trying her best to comfort him.

Rhys sat in his dressing room going over his contract’s terms when he saw Jodi stood shaking by the door, “Jodi!”

Jodi just stood by the door looking at Rhys, looking scared as she took a few steps into his room.

“Jodi are you okay?” Rhys said walking towards her.

“Rhys I’m…”

Preview:

Will Jodi tell Rhys?

Clare’s funeral arrives but will Nic be able to cope?

“Rhys I’m…”

Preview:

Will Jodi tell Rhys?

Clare’s funeral arrives but will Nic be able to cope?

Im thinking maybe Rhys is not the dad

Im thinking Jod and Paul slept together also because he was all like "whos the dad" :P

Just tell him Jodz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :(

I want to cry for Nic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should update soon

xxxx

Jon sat in his dressing room when Kate entered with tears in her eyes, “Jon I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

He walked over to Kate as he pulled her into his arms, “Kate what can’t you do?”

She slowly lifted her head as she looked at Jon teary eyed and said, “I don’t know whether I can work here anymore, not if I know their going to pull the cast apart”

“Kate I promise you I will try my best to keep the cast as the way it is” Jon told Kate.

More awwww :wub:. You are such a great writer Lil!! Poor Holly and Jodi and Nic.....this fic is soooo sad :(:P. I bet Jodi will say something else and won't tell Rhys! Another brilliantly written chapter :D.

:wub::wub:

He is so into her...

Update, I want to know what Rhys says!

Lil, if you get Nic and Holly together I will never forgive you :angry:

And the funeral had better be nice and sad, too <_<

Jon and Kate ........ ewww <_<

Hmmm, it could be Rhys or someone else - oh dear god, it's gonna be a paternity love triangle :lol: !!!

Chapter 7

“I’m pregnant” Jodi said nervously still shaking as she made her way slowly to the chair leaving Rhys looking terrified.

“Rhys please say something,” Jodi said looking at Rhys still.

Rhys shot Jodi an angry look before turning back to his contract, leaving Jodi even more confused, she got up and raced out of the room.

“Hey Bobby.” Jess said smiling as she walked over to him.

“Hey Jess what have you been up to?” Bobby replied happily.

“Nothing much just came to tell you that filming is stopped until after Clare’s funeral on Friday.”

“Wow big boss Cam’s letting us have 2 whole days off.” Bobby replied sarcastically,

“Not exactly.” Jess laughed as she looked at Bobby,

“What do you mean?” Bobby asked confused.

“Well Tim and Amy came back and they had only just found out about the contracts and well…. Tim lost it literally with Cam. Cam ended up on the floor and Tim’s hand isn’t exactly in perfect condition.” Jess laughed.

“That isn’t like Tim to go off like that.” Bobby said confused.

“I know but with what has happened to Clare and how much Nic is hurting I guess he had to flip out sometime…. Nic is like a brother to Tim”

Mark, Sharni, Lincoln and Frankie were sitting on the chair’s outside the Dinner set when Sharni spotted Kate and Jon, “Kate and Jon seem to be always with each other.” Sharni said looking at Mark.

“Doesn’t Kate have a boyfriend though?”

“No Linc, they split up the other month. Kate wanted to concentrate on work and they just ended their relationship…. But Jon’s just came out of a very messy relationship so I don’t think these to would ever get together”

Frankie rolled her eyes at Mark then looked at Jon and Kate who were heading towards them.

Everyone had left the studios to have a couple of days off, all the cast could think about was Nic and their jobs hanging by a thread…

Jodi sat on her sofa at home as she reached for her mobile dialling Rhys’ number over and over again but it kept ringing out. Jodi didn’t know what to do, she thought Rhys would have been there for her but he’s done the complete opposite and just ignored her completely.

Nic walked out of the bathroom and saw Holly and Tim acting suspicious, “What’s going on?” Nic said confused,

“I was just telling Holly that she could stay as long as possible.”

“And I told Tim I can stay at a motel, he has enough with cleaning up your mess.” Holly said smiling.

Nic just laughed as he grabbed his toast from the toast and looked over at the two of them, “Tim will have the room because I’m going to look for a place later.”

“You’re going?” Tim asked shocked, Nic nodded at them both as he finished his mouth full of toast and said, “I can’t stay here for ever… it’s cramped as it is”

“Nic come on it’s just getting like old times you have to stay because, me you and Holly haven’t had our Home And Away marathon yet” Tim said grinning at Nic.

“Okay, okay you win but as soon as I get another place sorted I’m out of here.” Nic replied.

Tim and Holly glanced at one another as Nic said; “I’m just going for a shower I need to get to the church to sort out a few things.”

As soon as Nic had shut the bathroom door Tim looked at Holly worried as he said, “Nic is just acting like Clare hasn’t ever existed.”

“I know but he will start to break down over the next couple of weeks when the reality of Clare’s death hits him…. Now he’s trying to be strong and get on as normal and it doesn’t work like that. With his mates with him, he will get through anything,” Holly explained to Tim.

“Paulie what’s up?” Mark said laughing as he walked towards Paul.

“I’m confused I really am mate, nothing in life seems to go right.” Paul said confused.

Cam’s a total idiot… he doesn’t know how to run a soap let alone sack three people.” Mark said trying to think positive.

“I hate him for this I really do…. I could lose my job or even I could lose three of my best mates.”

Nic walked from his bedroom looking at Tim and Holly, They looked at Nic shocked “Nice suit.” Holly said jokingly.

“Clare loved me in this tie, she always thought I was a hot Summer Bay Surfer, she loved it that much she brought me a pack of five.” Nic said laughing at the both of them.

Everyone had been at the church for about half an hour, waiting outside when Nic, Tim and Holly eventually arrived.

Nic had a smile on his face as he greeted everyone; Tim and Holly were given a shocked look from mostly everyone as they saw how strange Nic was acting.

“He’s coping really well,” Jon said to Kate as they both looked on at Nic,

Everyone started to take their seats as they ceremony was about to begin.

After the vicar had said a few words, Nic stood up to make a speech…

“Over the last few years I thought my life couldn’t be any better because I had the best friends I could ever dream of, I loved my job so much and I was loving life… Still my life seemed incomplete but that changed when I saw Clare’s beaming smile before my eyes”

Everyone was stunned at how strong Nic was, he was coping so well better then Kate anyway. Jon held Kate’s forehand tightly as he tried to comfort her but it was hard because Jon was fighting back the tears as well. Amy sat next to Holly with a box of tissues besides her.

“Life seemed too strange until that moment Clare and I got together, we just seemed so perfect for one another. She taught me things that I never thought I’d ever learn and the most important thing I learnt from her was how to love and how’d to be loved. I love you so much Clare” Nic said as he blew a kiss in the direction of the coffin to the side of him.

Tim and Holly had organised the local bar to have Clare’s wake….

Nic was chatting away to everyone about anything he could think of to say except that Clare had just died. He kept avoiding the talk about grieving…

Jodi stood with Ada by the door but Ada nearly fell to the ground when she saw Nic turn towards them, “Jodi” Ada said scared as she helped Jodi stand up.

Preview: What is wrong with Jodi?

“Clare loved me in this tie, she always thought I was a hot Summer Bay Surfer, she loved it that much she brought me a pack of five.” Nic said laughing at the both of them.

The tie Jodi found, wasnt it the "hot Summer Bay Surfer" tie, which Nic happens to have?? Oish, this is messed up. The poor girl. Rhys was a loser, but he's probs acting that way 'cause he knows the baby isnt his, oh please tell met he baby isnt Rhys's, and it better not be Nic's either. Anyone but those two :P Great chapters though. Loving the Jon and Kate relationship

More please

Archived