Stingray

Guest Natteh

Its soooo sad, I'm in the UK and just seen Stingray die :(

Im really gutted he was one of my favourite characters

I dont really get how he died though, I know they had a problems in the op but he seemed fine

xxx

He had an aneurysm, I guess as a result of the op.

Stingray's death just aired in the UK and it was pretty stupid. Music just suddenly playing and an aerial shot showing Stingrays back (were we supposed to know that Stingray had fallen unconcious when we couldn't even see his face?). It was trying too hard to be beautiful but it just wound up looking stupid. And the episode after with the video recording has been done far too much by so many different shows (Flynn in H&A) etc.

And the scattering of the ashes was just awful, whoever chooses or composes music on neighbours needs to rethink what music suits certain scenes, becuase emotional scenes seem to get angsty rock music :rolleyes:

And the episode after with the video recording has been done far too much by so many different shows (Flynn in H&A) etc.

Stingray's video diary was laid in long before there was any mention of him dying. He was doing it specifically for Kerry, and it's not like he was telling everyone his dying wishes... He was making comments on his friends and family while he was still alive, probably thinking that he'd be alive to watch it with them... it made for a very unique experience. Add to that the fact that Stingray was actually a film student, and I think it was a very fitting tribute.

Archived