GCSEs

Guest **I luv rhys**

Pml aww boo hoo Alison! Stop rubbing it in lol. I know I still have 2 more two go spaced out in the next two weeks and you will be on a plane to Majorca when I'm doing biology hehe.

I still can't believe you had yours practically the next day :o Nice advice btw :P

Oi you!! I can tell all you people here, Othello was a excellent choice because all questions suited haha....Alison knows that I would have prefered to do Hamlet so she is rubbing that in too! I had to learn 5 pieces...Allz 2 so that makes me a teeny bit jealous :lol:

Anyway as I've said the last couple of times, good luck and don't stress :)^_^

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Nicom, Louise and I had our Higher English a week ago today - she did some rubbish, I did Hamlet and Lord Of The Flies :P

I don't know how much help I'd be but if you like I can send you some of the practice essays and quote sheets my teacher gave us before the exam - it really helped :)

And I'm now an expert on the book, even though I hate it, so if you want a hand I'm more than happy to help!

Aww, that's really kind! I have some practice essay questions, but the quote sheets sound good... :D If you still don't mind sending them over, I would be really grateful! I've been struggling on quotes for the practice questions, and I kind of need to find them fast in the exam because of the ridiculous time limit of 45 mins. So miss keeps telling us anyway! But I didn't really know what quotes to use for what! And then I just gave up because I hate English. :)

As much as I'm dreading the English exams, I cannot wait until all English is done. I am NOT taking it on further, I am dropping it, and standing on it as I walk forward onto good subjects like Maths AS/A Levels. :)

My exams finished today! :D

(And Louise will murder me for rubbing it in that hers aren't yet lol!!)

Everyone, I just sat 5 Highers (which I reckon are like A-Levels in England, as far as I can tell) in the space of one Friday to the next - if I can do that, anyone can do anything! :lol:

And they actually went ok!!!

Pressure can get to you - but trust me, staying calm does wonders for you! And don't study til stupid hours of the night, either - stop around 9, 10 at latest, cause after that there's no point, it stresses you more :wink:

Also, Nicom, Louise and I had our Higher English a week ago today - she did some rubbish, I did Hamlet and Lord Of The Flies :P

I don't know how much help I'd be but if you like I can send you some of the practice essays and quote sheets my teacher gave us before the exam - it really helped :)

And I'm now an expert on the book, even though I hate it, so if you want a hand I'm more than happy to help!

I would really appreciate that if you could send the Lord of the flies one please. That would really help me to practise some lol. I hate the book and dont undertand it at all, and my tests on Tuesday lol

Lol Nicom, don't be so negative!! :P I must admit, english has been the hardest exam for me so far but you just have to make sure you study enough...drink plenty of water (no idea how many times I have said this to mates and stuff lol) and stay positive. I know that's easy to say but I think I have said this but I'll say it again anyway...if you stay confident you are half way there because it is very unlikely that you will black out and not remember a thing. For my exams last year I felt the exact same as you and I ended up in hospital because of it. I had been taking panic attacks..the most was like 5 in one day and it can cause you to faint and stuff...sorry I wasn't trying to scare anyone if I did...all I'm trying to say is stay positive and accept all the support and help from friends, teachers and family you can get. It does help, honestly. If you need any advice I'd be more than happy to help anyone too. :)

Yes Louise - let's have you teach them all about Lord of the Flies, that'll go really well <_<

Jokes lol - Nicom and **I luv rhys**, quotes sheets will be prepared tonight, I swear, cause I'm leaving for hols tomorrow lol! Shall PM them to you later :)

Thanks allibaz91. :)

And thanks for the advice D B Louise. :)

I usually get stressed around exams, I tend to worry a bit too much and my minds always on it - but this time its not. This time I've only really just started revising for the exams, only weeks before! Days before this exam! I think thats whats got me really stressed, because I'm not desperately cramming revision in like I normally do. I just want to sit back and do nothing. lol. But I do understand how crap I am without revision... so I get stressed again! :P I've never gone so far to have panic attacks or anything like that, I just get fed up.

This English has really got me worried though. It's my least favourite subject, and its not straight forward. I love maths, you either get it right or you don't - English is more wordy. You have to describe and think and all that... I hate it! Maths is black and white, but English is like.. all grey. lol. That's how my friend described it anyway... it made sense to me! lol.

Archived