GCSEs

Guest **I luv rhys**

Lord Of The Flies question....

Eww I hate that book we 'read' it in yr 9 but I don't think I even read a page.

Well good luck to everyone doing exams now.

I had my half yearlys just before we left I did ok in them my maths teacher e-mailed us our maths results today I was proud I came 1st something I have never done in my life.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a maths block test on Tuesday and we only just found out yesterday,I'm soooo mad they give us such short notice. And we don't do any revision in class which sucks. Also,I have 2 english assignments due next week,and an english essay test. We have to right one of those really hard essays. I have to revise mainly for maths. I hate tests,and I especially get annoyed with those people who don't need to study to get great marks. :P Sorry to those of you,I know it's not your fault you're so smart but it just seems unfair and annoying. Lol

I hate exams, I hate exams *sings*

Really starting to freak out, but its my own fauklt. I should have started revising AGES ago... its just stupid, stupid me!!

Anyway, English Lit on Tuesday! And I hate English... and I can't do it! Stupid Lord of the Flies... and Poetry. I'm REALLY dreading Lord Of The Flies question.... Urgh, I'm really worried! I was revising it last night with two of my friends, and they know so much more than me! They're in a different class, and they're really on top of it all! Their teachers given them loads of exam practice and tips... They're feeling really confident about it. :( (Well, a happy face for them, but sad for me. I'm jealous. lol)

I have exacly the same exam on Tuesday. I hate them poems and hat Lord of the Flies SO MUCH. Its a boring book that i dont even get and i've only read it once lol. Are well better start revising it lol

Lord Of The Flies question....

Eww I hate that book we 'read' it in yr 9 but I don't think I even read a page.

Well good luck to everyone doing exams now.

I had my half yearlys just before we left I did ok in them my maths teacher e-mailed us our maths results today I was proud I came 1st something I have never done in my life.

Well thankyou and well done to you!!!

I have a maths block test on Tuesday and we only just found out yesterday,I'm soooo mad they give us such short notice. And we don't do any revision in class which sucks. Also,I have 2 english assignments due next week,and an english essay test. We have to right one of those really hard essays. I have to revise mainly for maths. I hate tests,and I especially get annoyed with those people who don't need to study to get great marks. :P Sorry to those of you,I know it's not your fault you're so smart but it just seems unfair and annoying. Lol

Lol i totally agree, some of us just have to work harder dont we lol.

For all you doing your GCSEs, I am a school exam invigilator and my main advice to you is to read the instructions and listen. Yesterday I had someone who totally done the wrong questions because he didn't read the front.

Stay calm and plan; look at how many questions you need to answer and especially in maths if your not sure move on and go back to it.

Good luck!

For all you doing your GCSEs, I am a school exam invigilator and my main advice to you is to read the instructions and listen. Yesterday I had someone who totally done the wrong questions because he didn't read the front.

Stay calm and plan; look at how many questions you need to answer and especially in maths if your not sure move on and go back to it.

Good luck!

Are wow thank you for that i really appreciate it. xxxxx

I'm glad the advice helped Natasha :lol: Yeah chocolate is very good for the brain haha. Um I'm doing Higher English, Maths, French, German and Biology. :wacko:

Nicom, don't worry about the Lord of The Flies book, you'll be absolutely fine. Allibaz91 was doing that for her english exam a couple of weeks ago...I'm didn't do it because she is in the other Higher class at school than me and we all do different things such as Othello, Uncle Ernest, The Telegram, In Westminster Abbey and The Almond Tree so she could help out if you wanted. Anyone doing any of them and want advice then let me know!:) We got brill questions for all of our things we studied so I'm sure you will be ok :) Anyway good luck to you and everyone else sitting exams...if you think positive then you are already half way there to a pass. x

Well I cant say i'm strssed about them ,becuase as you know from someone, we dont have them

But I havbe to say, considiring were not even over with first semester, I've had so many exams.

Today I had a Science, Maths, PD and Food Tech (theory)

And yesterday i had an English and Maths

so happy its the weekend

My exams finished today! :D

(And Louise will murder me for rubbing it in that hers aren't yet lol!!)

Everyone, I just sat 5 Highers (which I reckon are like A-Levels in England, as far as I can tell) in the space of one Friday to the next - if I can do that, anyone can do anything! :lol:

And they actually went ok!!!

Pressure can get to you - but trust me, staying calm does wonders for you! And don't study til stupid hours of the night, either - stop around 9, 10 at latest, cause after that there's no point, it stresses you more :wink:

Also, Nicom, Louise and I had our Higher English a week ago today - she did some rubbish, I did Hamlet and Lord Of The Flies :P

I don't know how much help I'd be but if you like I can send you some of the practice essays and quote sheets my teacher gave us before the exam - it really helped :)

And I'm now an expert on the book, even though I hate it, so if you want a hand I'm more than happy to help!

Archived