Jodi stokes the love flame again

Guest tabby_taboo

Daily Telegraph

HOME and Away starlet Jodi Gordon has been forced to defend her new relationship with Channel 7 heir Ryan Stokes after "cruel and distasteful" rumours about the couple swept Sydney earlier this week.

The Logie Award-winning actress has become the target of a nasty whispering campaign after it was revealed she had begun dating the media boss within weeks of the death of her long-time boyfriend Chris Burkhardt.

The 21-year-old lost her "loved soulmate" to leukaemia on March 3 after nursing the 23-year-old through 10 months of treatment for the aggressive disease.

But news of Gordon's dates with Stokes, which are believed to have begun as a "casual friendship" after Easter, has triggered an angry reaction from some fans and insiders close to the former couple.

A spokesman for Gordon told Confidential she was "very conscious of respecting the grief of others who loved Chris" but was making "considered decisions to move forward with her life".

"After a huge year in her life, Jodi is looking to the future," the spokesman said.

"She has an incredibly supportive family and circle of friends and is enjoying the friendship (with Stokes). Who knows what will happen there?"

The parents of Gordon's late boyfriend were unavailable for comment yesterday, but it is understood they "respect Jodi for the person she is and the choices she is making as a young woman".

The personal drama comes at a time when Gordon's focus had just returned to her career, with the stunning brunette set to be named the face of a leading accessories brand this month.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon the whole nation should leave them alone. Gosh, just because she moved on doesnt mean its the end of the world. Stupid Media. And if fans arent happy, who cares, as long as Jodi is happy, thats all that should matter. I dont get how Jodi and Ryans relationship affects fans in any way, because it doesnt. So everyone should just get over it, and let the couple be happy.

I reckon the whole nation should leave them alone. Gosh, just because she moved on doesnt mean its the end of the world. Stupid Media. And if fans arent happy, who cares, as long as Jodi is happy, thats all that should matter. I dont get how Jodi and Ryans relationship affects fans in any way, because it doesnt. So everyone should just get over it, and let the couple be happy.

Couldn't agree more Tash. If Jodi wants to see someone, then that's her business. If she's happy then everyone else should be happy for her aswell. Not judging her when we don't even know the full story, just the version that the media is giving out <_<

Just a question....why do people think that happiness comes from getting a boyfriend?!?

I can understand why Chris' family would be hurt. I guess she has been grieving since he got sick but I still think.....in my opinion...that is a little soon....if my boyfriend started dating someone so quickly after I died I'd be a bit upset (if I was around to be!)

HOME and Away starlet Jodi Gordon has been forced to defend her new relationship with Channel 7 heir Ryan Stokes. The Logie Award-winning actress had begun dating the media boss within weeks of the death of her long-time boyfriend Chris Burkhardt. The 21-year-old lost her "loved soulmate" to leukaemia on March 3 after nursing the 23-year-old through 10 months of treatment. But news of Gordon's dates with Stokes, which are believed to have begun as a "casual friendship" after Easter, has triggered an angry reaction from some fans. A rep for Gordon told Confidential she was "very conscious of respecting the grief of others who loved Chris" but was making "considered decisions to move forward with her life". - Sydney Confidential / Seven

Does it say anywhere that Chris' family are hurt? No. Who the hell cares if 'you' personaly trying to imagine the situation think it's too soon. It's not about anyone other than Jodi and her private business. This is why I can't stand media a lot of the times. Honestly what right does anyone have to judge her over something they wouldn't have a clue about.

Omg

Nobody knows what exactly happened between Jodi and Chris in their last few months together!!!!!

And

Yet here most of you are here are slagging her off saying "oh its too soon" I dont think there is every going to be a right time!!

It dont mean she didt love Chris or she doesn't love him any less now!!!!!

So just Leave them alone; if shes happy then if were true fans we should be happy too because shes happy!!!!!!!!

Personally if I died I'd want my girl to be happy. That's what love means. Also, she nursed him for 10months + he died 2 months ago. Technically then it's been a year of grieving - because she probably started to grieve when she heared.

Besides - when is it going to be the right time? Who can put a time tag on these things?

If Jodi is happy, then everyone should just back off and be happy for her. None of us have any right to judge her or say whether her decision is right or wrong because we don't know her and we don't have the full story, only the version that the media is giving to us.

Archived