Madeline McCann

Guest ~Angel~

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised this thread has only just been started, given that it's been the main story since she went missing.

Yeah, I was searching for a thread because I was thinking it was probably already started but it wasn't so I started my own :)

Madeleine has her whole life infront of her and it doesn't seem fair for this to happen. :( I hope she comes back safe. Does anyone know if her parents are still in Portugal?

The news reports from earlier this morning mentioned her parents were still in Portugal.

A lot of people are asking why the parents left the kids alone...they obviously thought it was safe to do so and had no reason not to trust their instincts... I can't imagine what must be going through their minds...

Maddy was meant to celebrate her 4th birthday today... :(

I hope they find her safe and sound soon

I just don't understand what in the hell posesses people to do this, why would anyone want to take an innocent little girl from her family. I can't even begin to imagine what the family are going through, i get tears in my eyes everytime i read or see a story about it. And i understand where people are coming from saying they shouldn't have left the children alone but they obviously felt they were safe enough or they wouldn't have done it and you see things like this in the media but you never expect it to happen to you or anyone you know, and i think the parents must be feeling distraught enough without the media and others who don't actually know them judging them on this issue and constantly going on about it. Thats just my view anyway. I just hope she is found safe and well and can be returned to her family. Happy Birthday Madeleine, may you be returned soon.

^

I guess some people are just very sick minded people, unfortunately :(

I think with all the evidence they've got (the irish independent article), I really think they can find her if they try harder. Because they know a lot of things now. I feel really sad wondering how Madeleine spent her 4th birthday. I can't go to sleep thinking about it that I decided to come on here. :(

A few days previous to her abduction, she was on the beach.

Another family was close by. The man in the other family noticed a man taking pictures of her playing in the sand with his daughter. He chased the man away and only when he heard Madeline was taken, he went to report it.

The parents said that the bar was close to the apartment. It might have been close, but they couldn't see it from the bar they were at. The person came through the back window.

The abductor also knew that they would be out and that they only checked on the children every 30 minutes. So they must have been watched for a long time.

I really hope Madeline is found soon. Its such a sad, horrible story and her poor mother looks close to breaking point.

As to the issue of leaving the children alone. I'll admit that was my first thought too but on holiday your guard is down, everything feels safer and more relaxed and theres an assumption that it is. Young children very rarely get up if they're put down to sleep. They're more likely to lie there and cry. Fact is whoever targetted Madeline has done so in a very pre-empted way. They've watched her and her family for a while, they've obvserved her every little move and they obviously wanted Madeline at whatever cost. I can't help thinking that even if the McCanns hadn't have left the children alone in the apartment, Madeline would still have been taken. If these people took so many measures to watch and observe her and her parents movements they'd have found a way.

I'm not justifying the McCanns leaving her alone I just think the circumstances point to a much more pre-meditated attack and if thats the case I'm not sure the best parents in the world could have kept her safe. I just hope to God this little girl is found very soon.

Archived