A New Chance

Guest HeavenForbid

Chapter10

Meanwhile, Rocco was getting very annoyed. He went and got a can of beer.

“Heya”

Rocco turned around. Standing there was a brown haired girl. She had a can in her hand.

“Hi” Rocco said nervously

“I am Karen. This is my party” she said

“Rocco. Great party” Rocco smiled

“Thanks. How are you? Are you new in town?” Karen said

“Yeah. I am living with my aunt.” Rocco explained

“Really?” she said rising an eyebrow. “Would you like to go somewhere and talk?”

Rocco and Karen got up and walked out of the kitchen. They went outside and sat by the pool. The were laughing and joking.

“So, why are you here?” Karen asked

“Long story” Rocco laughed

“I have time” Karen smiled

“My parents died in a car crash a while ago. I didn’t have any other family left but my aunty Irene. She took me in. I will be living with her now until I move out” Rocco said

“I am very sorry about your parents” Karen said

“Thanks” Rocco smiled

“Would you like to dance?” Karen asked

“Sure.” Rocco smiled

Karen and Rocco walked back into the house. They started dancing to the music. After a while, Belle came out of the room. She was drunk and stoned. She started dancing with Drew. She saw Rocco with Karen and started to get jealous. She grabbed Drew by the neck and kissed him very very passionately. Drew was stunned. Was she doing this because she likes me? Or was she doing this to annoy Rocco? He wondered. Belle broke away from the kiss and looked in Drew’s eyes. She smiled. He looked at her. They hugged each other. Belle walked out the front door. Rocco saw her leave. He followed her.

“Belle! Belle! Where are you going?” he asked

“I was waiting here for you” she smiled.

“Ok, I will just say goodbye to Karen and I will be out” Rocco replied

Rocco walked back into the house. He hugged Karen and they walked out of the house together. He watched at Drew and Belle kissed again. After a few minutes, Drew hand slid up her mini skirt and he started to feel her thighs. Belle got his hand and took it off her thighs. He laughed while still kissing her and he put his hands back there again. Belle snapped

“Don’t!” she cried and ran off

“Belle” Drew said. He turned around and looked at Rocco who was coming towards him

“What did you do to her?” he shouted

“I didn’t -”

Drew was cut off. Rocco punched him. Karen ran out of the house over to them as well as the rest of the party.

“What was that for, you f*ggot!” Drew yelled

“What the f*ck did you do to her?” Rocco snapped

“I didn’t do anything. We were kissing.” Drew said

“Well, you must have done something” Rocco said annoyed

“Well, don’t just stand there! Someone go after her!” someone yelled for the coward

“Rocco, you go” Karen said worried

Rocco looked at everyone. He turned around and ran off. Karen was so worried about Belle. They were once best friends. Back when, they were 10 or so, Karen would often go around to Belle’s house after school. They would play a game called “Dress Up” with they did in front of John. They would be naked and John would be watching them. One day, John got his hands on Karen. She kicked him in the privates before he could do anything to her. Karen ran home. She didn’t tell anyone what nearly happened to her. The next day at school, Belle went up to Karen. Karen told Belle that she couldn’t play with her anymore and that she wouldn’t be allowed around to Belle house. Belle wanted a reason. So Karen told her. She told her that John tired to attack her but got away. Belle was is annoyed that Karen was saying these things about her father. Belle and Karen stopped talking from then on. But this was only a few months before John started to abuse Belle. Then Belle knew that Karen was not lying to her. They never talk much after that

Chapter 11

Rocco ran as fast as he could. Belle was way ahead of him. She ran down to the beach and fell. She started to cry. Rocco ran down to her. He put his arms around her and let her cry into his shirt.

“Belle, talk to me. What is the matter?” Rocco asked

“Nothing. . .” Belle lied

“Come on, I know I have only been here a while but I know you are hiding something from me and I want you to know that you can trust me” Rocco said

“It is my family. . .” Belle started “There are all just so screwed up in the head”

“What do you mean?” Rocco asked

“I know you know all about what happened with my father and all that ****” Belle said “But there is more. . .”

Belle couldn’t believe it. Was she going to admit everything that happens to her and her family to Rocco? She knew that she wanted to. She trusted Rocco with her life.

“It is John. . . ” Belle started

“What about him?” Rocco asked

“He. . abuses me” Belle said and burst into tears

After that, Belle told him everything. Rocco held her tightly. He was never ever going to let her go back to that house ever again. Rocco was going to do whatever it took to get her, Anne and Ryan out of that house.

“You have to tell someone” Rocco said after a few minutes of silence

“No! I can’t! I told my mum years ago but she was too depressed and never believed me” Belle said

“Belle, please. God knows what this guy can really do” Rocco said

“No, Rocco please! I can’t. I really really cant!” Belle said

Rocco looked at her. She was torn up inside over this. They sat on the beach for ages and ages and finally went home. Belle went to bed while Rocco sat in the living area wondering what the best thing to do for Belle was. Irene walked down the stairs.

“Hey love. What are you doing up?” Irene asked

“Cant sleep” Rocco muttered

“Same here. Want a cup of tea?” Irene asked

“No thanks” Rocco replied

“Ok, then. I am going to have one and then we are going to sit down and have a long chat and you are going to tell me what is up because I have seen a lot of teenagers in my days and well I always know when something is wrong” Irene laughed

She walked over to the counter and boiled the kettle. Rocco sat at the kitchen table and stared at the wall thinking about Belle. Irene made herself a cup of tea and when and sat beside Rocco

“Right, love. Is this about you?” Irene asked

“No. . .” Rocco answered

“Girls?” Irene smirked

Rocco looked at her.

“Oh, a girl. Belle?” Irene asked

“Yes” Rocco replied

“So you like her and well -”

“No, well yes, I do, but that is not the problem” Rocco said

“Then what is the matter?” Irene asked

“Irene, I am sorry but I can’t tell you. I promised” Rocco said

“Rocco, if Belle is in some kind of danger well then I need to know what it” Irene said

Irene looked at Rocco facial expression.

“Oh no! Something is wrong! She is in danger” Irene panicked

“No! Calm down, please” Rocco begged

“Rocco, I love that girl like my own. Please, tell me, please” Irene said and started to cry

Rocco took deep breathe and told Irene. What else was he meant to do? Irene was shocked. She started to cry.

“I have to tell someone” Irene said

“No! You can’t” Rocco said

“Rocco, she is in danger as well as Anne and Ryan” Irene augured

“All I can suggest it for you to go over to Anne and talk to her. See if she tells you anything about what is happening” Rocco said

“I will. I will go over tomorrow” Irene smiled

She stood up and went up to bed. Rocco did the same. He walked into his bedroom and looked at Belle sleeping soundly. He got into his bed and continued to stare at her. He was thinking how she could take everything. He turned over and fell asleep instantly.

Chapter 12

The sun shining in the window awoke Belle the next morning. Rocco was already downstairs. He was cooking breakfast for the two of them

“Yum! Smell yummy” Belle smiled

“Oh, you scared me there” laughed Rocco “Do you want some?”

“Yeah, sure. Where is Irene?” Belle asked

“Oh, she is gone over to your house actually” Rocco said

“Why?” Belle snapped

“To see your mum, I donno” Rocco said

“I have to go” Belle said

“Why?” Rocco asked

“I just do” Belle answered

"Wait!" Rocco replied

“Thank you for breakfast” Belle said and rushed out the door

“Ok, talk to you later” Rocco said and looked at the plate full of food.

Belle rushed as fast as she could home. When she arrived, John was watching TV while, Ryan was playing in the hall.

“Ryan, where is mum?” Belle asked

“Oh, Irene came over a while ago and they went out shopping.” Ryan answered

“Do you know when they will be back?” Belle asked

“Nope. But soon, hopefully. I am so hungry.” Ryan said

“I will cook you something.” Belle said and walked into the kitchen to cook Ryan a meal to eat

“COOK ME MY DINNER WHILE YOU ARE IN THERE” John shouted

Meanwhile, Irene and Anne were in Yabbie Creek. Irene was treating Anne out the day. They stopped and sat in a restaurant and order something to eat.

“So how are you? Haven’t spoken in a while” Irene asked

“Yeah, I am ok. I have been busy lately” Anne said

“Oh, yeah, so have I, now with Rocco, my nephew. He is friends with belle” Irene smiled

“Yeah, Belle seems to be a lot happy now.” Anne replied

“Why do you mean by that?” Irene asked

“Oh, nothing. Just typical teenager stuff really” Anne said

“Yeah, so an overdose, being suicidal. Every teen suffers with this?” Irene asked

“Excuse me?” Anne replied annoyed

“I know everything that Belle has been threw, Anne and how can you say that she lied that. . .” Irene paused and leaned in and whispered “John was raping her? At 14? Are you crazy or still drunk?”

“I don’t need to listen to this” Anne said and stood up

“Anne! Please don’t leave. This is very serious!” Irene said

Anne sat back down and started to cry “I don’t know what to do”

“Leave John. Get you and kids out of there and move in with me and Rocco. Please. Belle means the world to me and always has. I would do anything for her and her family”

“I cant. - ”

“Anne! Please. Come to my house” Irene suggested

“I will try” Anne said sobbing

Irene and Anne stood up and headed back to Summer Bay. But would Anne have the courage to leave John?

Chapter 13

Anne and Irene arrived at the house. Anne stood at the door.

“I can’t do it” she said

“Yes, you can!” Irene replied

Anne walked into the house. Ryan and Belle were in the kitchen. John was eating his dinner. Anne went upstairs. Irene walked into the kitchen

“Get your things. You and Ryan are coming with me” she whispered into Belle’s ear

“What? Why?” Belle asked

“I know everything. You mum is leaving John” Irene replied

Belle looked at Irene. She walked up the stairs. She could hear her mum sobbing.

“Mum, you alright?” Belle asked

“Yeah. Get some things together. I will not put you through this anymore” Anne smiled

Belle looked at her mother and smiled. They hugged. Belle went into her bedroom to get some things. They both walked down the stairs. John stood up and looked at the bags in their hands

“What the f*ck is going on?” he spat

Irene and Ryan came out and walked out to the hall

“It is over” Anne said

“What? You can’t leave me” John yelled

“Yes, she can and she is!” Irene said

They opened the door and got into the car. Anne started to cry again. John looked as the car drove of. When the went to Irene’s house, Ryan and Belle went to Rocco’s room

“Thanks for this” Anne said

“It is not over yet” Irene replied

“What do you mean?” Anne asked

Irene handed her the phone “You have to call the police and report him”

“Why? I have left him. He is not going to hurt me or Belle or Ryan again” Anne replied

“You don’t know that for sure” Irene said

Anne looked at Irene and then took the phone. Upstairs, Ryan had fallen asleep. Rocco and Belle were sitting on the ground.

“How are you?” Rocco asked

“Fine. Thanks to you. I know you told Irene” Belle smiled

“I had to. I didn’t know what else to do. I am so sorry” Rocco answered

Rocco leaned in and kissed Belle.

“Sorry. You are with Drew now” Rocco said

“And you are with Karen. Bad timing” Belle laughed

“I don’t know why I kissed Karen. She is a lovely girl but not girlfriend material” Rocco replied

“What do you mean by that?” Belle asked

“I want to be with you, Belle” Rocco smiled and took Belle’s hands

“I want to be with you as well” Belle smiled

Belle leaned in and kissed Rocco. Rocco pulled back

“What are we going to do about Karen and Drew?” he asked

“We will have to tell them but I reckon the could see it coming” Belle replied

They both smiled. Belle’s phone rang

“Hello?”

After a few minutes, she hung up.

“Who was that?” Rocco asked

“Tom. . .” Belle answered confused

“Why is he calling?” Rocco asked

“He wants to see my mum. I never stop calling him so he knows sort of what is going on” Belle said

They stood up and walked down the stairs. Irene and Anne were having a cup of tea and laughing

“You mum is one of the bravest women I know!” Irene said

“Why? What did you do?” Belle asked

“I called the police. John has been arrested.” Anne smiled

“Oh! Mum! I am so proud of you” Belle smiled and ran over and hugged Anne

“This is the beginning of a new life, Belle. Just me, you and Ryan” Anne replied

“Em, I have something to tell you, mum” Belle said

“What is it?” Anne asked worried

“Well, the last few months I have been calling Tom. He never answers any of my calls but today, he rang me and asked to see you mum” Belle grinned

“Why?” Anne asked

“I don’t know. But maybe he still loves you. . . ”Belle suggested

“Ok, when?” Anne replied

“Diner. 2 hours” Belle smiled

Anne got ready and set of for the diner. When she arrived, Tom was there.

“It is has been so long since I have seen you. How are you?” Tom asked

“Great! Never better. What do you want?” Anne asked

“I want me, you, Ryan and Belle back together again as a family. I will never hurt you and Belle or Ryan like John did” Tom said

“I don’t know. . . ” Anne replied

“Please, Anne. I have missed you so much. ” Tom begged

Anne looked into Tom’s eyes.

“What do you think is going on?” Belle asked

“I don’t know. But they will not be too long” Irene answered

“Here is a car now” Rocco said

Belle smiled as she saw Anne and Tom get out of the car smiling happily. They walked into the house and celebrated. It was one eventful day. Who knew that everyone’s life would have changed by 8pm that night.

The End! :D

Thanks to all my readers

May have another fic coming soon :)

Comments

Archived