The Bet

Guest Reo

Here's another chapter.

Matilda, Belle and Cassie walked just ahead of Ric. Belle turned round to Ric.

Belle: Do you know where Lucas is?

Ric: No idea. Probably got lost somewhere.

Belle smirked and then saw Lucas running up to them.

Belle: Hey.

Lucas: Hey, How are you?

Belle: I'm good.

Ric looked at Lucas who wasn't wearing his uniform.

Ric: You put on the wrong clothes this morning.

Lucas: Funny. Dad is taking me and Jack away for a week. He got this whole father and sons bonding thing going on.

Ric: So you're missing school?

Lucas: Only one day, School holidays start tomorrow.

Belle: That sucks, I was hoping we could do something over the holidays.

Lucas: I'll still have the weekend when I get back.

Belle: I guess we will have to make the most of it then.

Belle leaned over to Lucas and kissed him, Ric didn't look happy.

Tony: [shouting] Lucas! Hurry up! We have to go!

Lucas: I'll see you when I get back.

Belle: Look forward to it.

Belle smiled and turned away. Lucas grabbed Ric's arm.

Lucas: Listen about this bet. I..

Tony: [shouting] Lucas! Come on! Now!

Lucas: I have to go. But I don't..

Tony: [shouting] Lucas!

Lucas turned and ran up to Tony. Ric turned and ran up to the girls. Lucas looked back at them.

It had been six days since Lucas went away, Ric spend no time alone with Matilda as she was always with Belle and Cassie. Today was the last day he could spend alone with her and get ahead of Lucas. Ric walked up to the Hunter house and knocked on the door.

Matilda: Hey Ric.

Ric: Hey, Just wondering if you wanted to go to the beach.

Matilda: Sure. Is Cassie and Belle coming?

Ric: No, I just want it to be us. Is that okay?

Matilda: Yeah, Of course.

Matilda and Ric settled down on the beach, Everything was going great. They were finally alone. Ric spoke to Matilda about his past and she revealed stuff about her life. Matilda even allowed Ric to put suntan lotion on her back.

Matilda: Thanks Ric.

Ric: That's okay.

Ric put away the suntan lotion and laid on his side facing Matilda. Matilda leaned over to get a bottle of water.

Matilda: Do you want some water Ric?

Ric: Sure.

Matilda passed over the bottle to Ric, But the top was loose. It spilled all over him. Matilda laughed.

Ric: Think that's funny do you?

Ric grabbed another bottle and opened it. Matilda got up and ran down the beach with Ric chasing her. Matilda turned and tried to run past Ric but he grabbed her and they fell onto the sand. Both laughing Ric held the bottle of Matilda and started to poor it over her body. Matilda laughed and screamed.

Ric: Now that's funny.

Matilda playfully pushed Ric and he got closer. They looked at each other deep in the eyes. Neither spoke as they moved closer and kissed.

Matilda and Ric started to pack up their stuff, Ric had become quiet since the kiss.

Matilda: Are you okay? Didn't you like it? Do you regret it?

Ric: I loved it. One thing in my life that i will never regret.

Matilda smiled.

Matilda: Then what's wrong? Why are you so quiet.

Ric couldn't tell her the truth, That he was feeling guilty because she was apart of a bet. But he couldn't lie to her.

Ric: I just feel you're too good for me.

Matilda smiled and kissed him again.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas had arrived back from the trip away. Ric came over to see him and to talk about the bet. They were in Lucas's room, Lucas was sitting on his bed and Ric was sitting on the chair by the window looking out at Matilda who was in her garden.

Ric: How was the trip?

Lucas: It was alright, Dad just wanted to take us away for a holiday, Been awhile since we went away like that. I suppose you and Matilda got closer?

Ric: Yeah, We kissed.

Lucas: How was it?

Ric: Good.. Great.. Amazing.

Lucas: Listen about this bet.

Ric: Look about the bet.

Lucas: We should call it off.

Ric: I think we should end it.

Lucas: Agreed.

Ric: Agreed.

Ric: I like Matilda too much. Just beating you with something clouded my judgement.

Lucas: Same with me. I wanted to tell you that I wanted to end the bet before I left, But Sally interrupted us and then dad.

Three weeks had past since Ric and Lucas called off the bet. Both couples were doing well and were so close. Darcy and her friends always whispered about them when they walked past, But a strong look from Belle or Matilda shut them up straight away. They were in the Diner sharing a milkshake, Not because they were cheap but because it is romantic. Ric had put his fingers around Matilda straw and finished the last bit of milkshake.

Matilda: Hey!

Ric laughed. Lucas kindly offered the last on the milkshake to Belle.

Belle: Aww. You're so sweet.

Lucas smiled. Matilda got up and walked to the bathroom followed by Belle. Ric was still trying to finish off the last drops of the milkshake. He sat back and looked at Lucas.

Ric: I'm glad that we cancelled that bet. Seeing you naked or being with Matilda has only one clear winner.

Lucas: Yeah, I'm still having nightmares about your naked butt. I didn't want to see it again.

Ric: I can't believe we even made that bet in the first place.

Lucas: We didn't know them before. I glad we got our heads together before we slept with them. It shouldn't be about winning a bet. But should be something special.

Unfortunately for Ric and Lucas..

Darcy: You two made a bet on who could sleep with them first?

Ric and Lucas quickly turned around and were in deep shock when they realized that Darcy had overheard what they had just said. Neither managed to answer her among the little gasping noises they were making.

Ric: N..

Lucas: It..

Just then Matilda and Belle came back in and sat down. Ric and Lucas stared at them and back at Darcy and gulped.

Matilda: What's going on?

Belle: Yeah, Why are you here Darcy?

Darcy smiled.

Darcy: Nothing, I was just talking to the boys.

Belle: Well now you have spoken to them.

Darcy smiled at the boys and walked out. They looked at each other and then back at the girls.

Matilda: What was that about?

Ric: No clue.

Lucas: No idea.

Belle: Okay.. Are we going to go then?

Ric: Yeah, We'll just pay for the drinks.

Ric and Lucas got up and walked to the counter.

Lucas: [Whispering] What are we going to do?

Ric: [Whispering] Why didn't she tell them?

Lucas: [Whispering] She wants something from us.

Ric: I can't believe it. What are we going to do?

They turned around after paying to see that Matilda and Belle had gone outside, They quickly ran out and found her talking to Darcy. Ric and Lucas were open mouthed. They were glued to the spot and staring at the three of them. Looking at what they were saying but not being able to hear it. Just then Darcy turned and walked away, Belle made a obscene hand gesture behind her.

Matilda: [Whispering] B!tch!

Lucas: Do you think she told them?

Matilda and Belle turned around and smiled at then, The boys were relieved.

Ric: Doesn't seem like it.

The boys walked over to them.

Lucas: What did Darcy want?

Belle: Just being her normal bitchy self.

Matilda: Are you two okay?

Belle: Yeah, You seem odd.

Lucas: No, Yeah, We're fine. We just remembered, We promised my dad that we would do something.

Belle: Okay. Will I see you later?

Lucas: Uh huh.

Belle leaned closer and kissed Lucas.

Matilda: What about you Ric? Are we going to meet up later.

Ric: Yeah, I'll give you a call.

Matilda: Okay, I'll see you later.

Matilda stepped closer and kissed Ric and then walked away with Belle. They boys turned around and saw Darcy smiling at them, They ran over to her.

Ric: What do you want?

Darcy: Who says I want anything.

Lucas: Are you going to tell them?

Darcy: I don't know yet.

Lucas: Look, We didn't know them before we made the bet, It was stupid. But we really care about them and don't want them to get hurt.

Ric: You can't tell them Darcy. Don't hurt them.

Darcy just smiled and walked away.

Lucas: Darcy!

Ric and Lucas had gone back to Lucas's house, They were in his bedroom talking about what to do. Ric paced the room.

Lucas: Maybe..

Ric: What?

Lucas: Maybe we should tell them first.

Ric: Are you serious?

Lucas: Well, Think about it. If Darcy tells them, that will be it and they will just know the worse of it. But if we tell them, Then we can explain. Explain that we did make the bet but that was before we got to know them and while getting to know them we felt really guilty and called off the bet because we love them.

Ric: I dunno, What if Darcy doesn't tell them, Then we risk losing them anyway.

Lucas: But if she does tell them then we may not be able to explain our side to it all and tell them how we really feel. I think we should tell them before Darcy does.

Lucas saw Matilda walk out into her garden from the window.

Lucas: There's Matilda.

Ric: I can't tell her now. I need to be alone with her and if I tell her there, She will run into the house and I will have to deal with Beth.

Lucas: That's true. Ask her to go for a walk then. I'm going to go and tell Belle now before I talk myself out of it or before Darcy does it.

Lucas walked over to Belle's going over in his head what he would say. If he just came out with it Belle may not give him a chance to explain himself and that he truly does love her. But just thinking about it, He didn't know how long he was able to explain everything while seeing Belle get upset. He walked around the back of the house and saw Belle sitting at the table, As he got closer he could see that she was crying. He slowly walked forward and then stopped. Belle looked up, Tears dripped from her eyes and down her cheek.

Belle: Lucas.

Lucas: Belle, Listen. It wasn't like the way she said it. I love you. I love you a lot. I have never met anyone like you. Please you have to believe me, The bet was stupid. I was stupid. I shouldn't never have made that bet with Ric. Weeks ago I felt so guilty about it and so sorry that Ric and I called it off. I never meant to use you like that. But you have to believe me when I say, I love you and I'm sorry.

Belle didn't speak, She just stared at him.

Lucas: Belle?

Belle: What are you talking about? What bet?

Lucas stood there shocked, Darcy hadn't told her.

Lucas: Darcy didn't.. But.. you're crying.

Belle wiped the tears off her cheeks.

Belle: Irene made me help with dinner, I was cutting onions. What bet? Did you make a bet to do with me? That I would go out with you? Or kiss you?

Lucas didn't answer. He couldn't lie to Belle, But he couldn't tell her the truth, He couldn't speak.

Belle: No, no. You bet that you could sleep with me?

Belle stood up and put her hand over her mouth. Lucas moved forward and put his arm out. Belle stepped back.

Belle: Don't touch me!

Lucas: Belle, I'm so sorry.

Belle fought back tears and couldn't bare to look at Lucas. Until she thought of Darcy, Then she looked at him straight in the eye.

Belle: What has this got to do with Darcy?

Lucas: Ric and I were talking earlier about how we were right to call off the bet because of how much we loved you and Matilda and Darcy overheard us.

Belle: So, You're only telling me this before Darcy does. If she hadn't of found out about it, I would never of been told?

Lucas: I never wanted to hurt you Belle, I didn't know you before. I felt so in love and so guilty. I'm sorry.

Belle: Does Matilda know?

Lucas: Ric is telling her.

Lucas stepped forward again and Belle stepped back.

Belle: Go away, Lucas.

Lucas: Belle, Please.

Belle: Go away, Lucas.

Lucas took a few steps back and looked at Belle, Belle looked back and him and then turned and went inside the house shutting the door behind her.

I just finished writing it :D

Alittle bit of bad language in this.

Ric and Matilda were walking along the beach, Ric was going through everything in his head, The bet, Darcy, Telling Matilda and breaking her heart and had Lucas already told Belle, How did she take it? Are they still together? Matilda grabbed Ric hand and held it as they walked along, He looked at her and she smiled at him. Ric smiled back, But it felt forced. He loved her so much but was breaking up inside all he wanted to do was wake up from this nightmare. He didn't want to lose her, He couldn't tell her.

Matilda: Are you okay Ric?

Ric: Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about things.

Matilda: What things?

Ric stopped and held Matilda's hands.

Ric: I, I need to tell you something.

Matilda: Okay.

Ric paused and took a breathe.

Matilda: Ric, You're scaring me.

Ric: I'm sorry. It's just hard.

Matilda: Are you breaking up with me?

Ric: What?! No! I love you. It's just hard to say.

Matilda: Just say it.

Ric took another breathe and began to speak.

Ric: I..

Darcy: Has he told you yet?

Ric turned around to see Darcy standing there.

Matilda: Told me what?

Darcy: So he hasn't told you then.

Ric: Go away Darcy.

Darcy: I just think Matilda has the right to know.

Ric: It has nothing to do with you, Just get lost.

Matilda: Can someone tell me what is going on.

Ric stared at Darcy.

Ric: Come on Matilda. Let's go.

Ric took Matilda's hand but she pulled away.

Matilda: Not until I know what is going on.

Ric: I'll tell you, Just away from Darcy.

Matilda: Does it have something to do with Darcy? Are you two seeing each other?

Ric: What?! No!

Darcy: I can't let you go on like this Ric, I can't see Matilda suffer.

Ric: I'm going to tell her when you get lost.

Darcy: Will you Ric? Or will you make up a lie?

Ric: I wont say it again Darcy. Get lost!

Darcy: After I say something.

Ric: No!

Darcy: Matilda, You were apart of a bet. Ric bet that he could sleep with you before Lucas could sleep with Belle.

Ric: You b!tch!

Matilda: Is that true?

Ric turned to Matilda.

Ric: Mattie.. It's

Matilda: Is it true?

Matilda began to cry.

Matilda: Well?

Ric: It's..

Matilda: Yes or no Ric!

Ric: Yes. But..

Matilda turned and ran away crying. Ric stood there and watched her go. He then turned remembering that Darcy was still there.

Ric: You b!tch! You couldn't just let me tell her my way, Too cause her as little pain as possible. You had to get some drama out of it. I'll never forget it.

Ric walked past her and off the beach.

Lucas walked along the beach, Looking down and kicking the sand as he went. He looked up and saw Ric sitting by the water, Watching the waves rises up his legs. He walked over to him and sat down.

Ric: Hey.

Lucas: Hey.

Ric: Didn't go so well?

Lucas: Could have been better. I went over and saw that she was crying and I just spilled everything out trying to explain, I thought that Darcy had told her and that's why she was crying. Turns out she was cutting up onions just before and I had just spilled everything out in one go. You should of seen her face, She was so upset and heartbroken. She told me to leave and then she went inside and shut the door. What about Matilda? Is she okay?

Ric: No. Darcy did tell her.

Lucas: Really?

Ric: While I was there, She just came over and I kept telling her to go. But she just blurted it all out and took such satisfaction in it aswell. Matilda ran away crying.

Lucas: That b!tch! What is her problem?

Ric: I dunno, But what are we going to do. We can't just let them go.

Lucas: We have to win them back.

Ric: How?

Lucas: Beg, Show them we really love them.

The boys decided they wouldn't give up, They would show Matilda and Belle how sorry and stupid they were and how much they love them.

Ric: How are we going to do it?

Lucas: I think we should beg for forgiveness first. Now is our chance, There they are.

Lucas pointed to the Diner, The girls were sitting outside. The boys walked up the beach and stopped by the rocks.

Ric: Hey Matilda.

Matilda and Belle turned their heads and looked at them and then away again.

Lucas: Please Belle. Forgive me. I'll do anything.

Belle: You really hurt and embarrassed me Luc.

Lucas: I'm so sorry and I will do anything to make it up to you.

Matilda: You have no idea what it is like to walk around the bay and have everyone stare and whisper about you being apart of a bet.

The boys looked around and sure enough people were giving a sly look to them when they didn't think anyone was looking.

Ric: We will do anything you want. Anything.

Matilda: Why don't you get lost.

Ric: Mattie..

Belle: Wait, I know something you both can do.

Lucas: What is it?

Belle leaned over to Matilda and whispered in her ear, Matilda leaned back, looked at her and then nodded.

Belle: You two want to know how we are feeling? How embarrassed we are? Then you two are going to kiss.

Ric: Kiss who?

Matilda looked at Belle and then back at the boys.

Matilda: Each other.

Lucas: Wha..?

Ric: Each other?

Belle: Yes, You have no idea how hard it is for us with everyone staring at us and whispering.

Matilda: You need to feel some embarrassment.

Lucas: Okay..

Lucas and Ric looked at each other.

Lucas: Do you have a mint?

Ric: Shut up.

Ric stepped closer and Lucas stepped back. He looked at Belle.

Lucas: Are you sure there isn't anything else we can do?

Belle: No.

Lucas stepped forward.

Matilda: Not just a peck on the cheek or lips. A full on kiss for 20 seconds.

Lucas: 20?

Ric huffed and then moved his head closer.

Matilda: Eyes closed.

Ric closed his eyes and moved his head further, Lucas closed his eyes and got ready for the kiss. Their lips locked, Gasping came from the crowd followed by whispers and laughing.

Jack: Go Luc!

Colleen: Honestly!

Leah: What's going on?

Colleen: Leah, You can't be here.

Colleen tried to pull a laughing Leah back into the Diner. The boys finally moved away from each other and opened their eyes, Not looking at each other they quickly turned to find Matilda and Belle gone. The crowd continued to whoop and cheer.

Ric: What the?

Lucas: Where are they?

Jack: They left the second you started kissing. So Luc, Do you want to tell me something?

Jack laughed and then walked away.

Ric: I can't believe it and your breathe stinks.

Lucas: I did ask for mints! And at least I didn't try to use tongues.

Ric: I was imagining that you were Matilda.

Lucas: That's why you hand was there!

Ric: Yeah, Sorry.

The boys went home after the kiss, They walked through the door to see Tony sitting down and reading a magazine. He looked up and saw the boys come in.

Lucas: Hey dad.

Tony: Luc.

The boys walked past..

Tony: Is there something you want to tell me?

Lucas and Ric turned back.

Lucas: No, I don't think so.

Tony: Okay, But there is a rumour going around that you are Ric are dating.

Ric: What?

Lucas: We're not dating. Who spread that rumour?

Jack: I did.

Jack said as he came out of his bedroom smirking.

Lucas: What? Why?

Jack shrugged.

Jack: Just thought it would be fun.

Tony: You aren't doing yourselves any favours boys, First the naked picture and now kissing each other in public. You're starting to make me think.

Lucas: We're not gay dad.

Ric: Matilda and Belle made us kiss each other so we would feel what it is like to be embarrassed.

Tony: Did it work?

Lucas: Well Yeah, We are embarrassed, But they both walked away while we were..

Jack: Kissing.

Tony: You boys, Have a lot of work to do.

Jack waved at them as they walked into their bed, Tony turned around.

Tony: Luc, Er.. Leave the door open.

Jack laughed again as Lucas slammed the door.

Ric: Now what are we going to do?

Lucas: I think we need to show them how much we love them, Do something romantic for them.

Ric: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. But what?

Lucas: A romantic picnic.

Ric: If we all go together, Then maybe they would be inclined to stay.

Lucas: Yeah, Let's go set it up.

Ric and Lucas walked into the Diner and heard a lot of smooching and whooping, They looked around at them, Ric put his hand up and began to make a rude gesture. Sally who was there, quickly stood up and put his arm down.

Ric: Jerks.

Leah: Yes guys, What can I help you with?

Ric: We were wondering if you could make us a picnic hamper.

Jack: You two going on a date?

Lucas turned around to see Jack standing their smiling.

Lucas: Are you everywhere?!

Jack: I'm not working today.

Leah laughed.

Leah: Sure guys, Give me a hour to get it ready.

Ric: Thanks, we'll come back later.

Ric and Lucas walked out the Diner with Jack making kissing noises behind them. Lucas closed the door on him.

Jack: Ow!

Lucas: So now, We just got to get the girls.

Ric: Easier said that done.

:D

Lucas: Well, You go and see if you can get Matilda to come and I will go and find Belle. We'll meet back here in an hour.

Ric walked to the Hunter house, Scared about knocking. If Beth answered then he would be in for it, Ric had managed to stay out of her way since the truth came out. But now he is going into the lions den, He had to take the risk to get Matilda. He stepped closer to the door, took a deep breathe and knocked. Seconds later the door opened.

Beth: Ric. What are you doing here?

Ric: I have come to talk to Matilda.

Beth: I don't want you talking to her, Not after what you did.

Ric: I am really sorry about what I did, I have no excuse for it. But my feelings have changed a lot from making that bet to really getting to know her, I love her.

Beth: I will not see Matilda get hurt again, I will stop it from happening.

Ric: I understand that and I don't know of a way to get you to trust me, But I am trying to make it up to her and I promise never to hurt her again.

Beth: You blew you chance, I will not let you hurt my daughter.

Ric: Ms Hun--

Beth closed the door on Ric. He stared at the door and then walked away.

Lucas arrived at Belles, He knocked on the front door and waited, After no reply he knocked again.

Irene: Okay, I'm coming.

Irene opened the door and saw Lucas standing there about to speak.

Lucas: Hey, Is--

Irene: She is upstairs.

Lucas: Can I--

Irene: No you can't.

Lucas: But--

Irene: I don't care. You hurt that girl. Things aren't just going to come together easy.

Lucas: I know, But--

Irene: I know your trying, But you need to give her space.

Lucas: But--

Irene: I know you have arranged a picnic, But it ain't happening. At least not today.

Lucas: Well--

Irene: I will tell her you came by.

Lucas: Tha--

Irene shut the door. Lucas stood there wondering what just happened.

Ric: I don't know what to do Sal.

Ric was pacing the room while Sally was sat at the table.

Sally: Well first off, you could sit down. You are starting to give me a headache.

Ric: Sorry.

Ric walked to the table, pulled out a chair and sat down.

Ric: Wasn't there a time when Flynn screwed up and tried to win you back? What did he do?

Sally: Well there were many times when he screwed up, But there was also a time when I pushed him away thinking he could do better. But he didn't give up.

Ric: What did he do?

Sally: He stayed outside my house until I spoke to him, But I'm not sure that is a good idea for--

Ric: That's great, I can do that..

Ric walked out the door before Sally could stop him.

Sally: Ric!

Lucas: Dad what am I going to do? Irene wouldn't even let me speak to Belle.

Tony: Well, I don't blame her.

Lucas: Dad, that's not helping me.

Jack: Tell him that story again dad. The one where you tried to ask mum out.

Tony looked at Jack and then at Lucas.

Tony: Okay, But I don't want you doing anything stupid.

Lucas: I won't.

Tony: I wanted to ask your mother out and wanted to make it special. So I climbed up the trellis but fell and got my foot caught, I had to be rescued. But obviously she said yes. That doesn't mean I want you doing anything like that.

Lucas: No, I wont.

Lucas quickly left the house.

:D

Both Ric and Lucas decided to follow their fathers footsteps to get the girl they wanted. Ric went to Matilda's house and sat outside the door, It was 30 minutes before he coughed and was found sitting there.

Matilda: Ric, what are you doing?

Ric: I want to show you how much you mean to me and how I wont give up on the person I love, I won't move until you give me another chance.

Matilda: Ric, That's stupid.

Ric: Say you will give me another chance and I will go.

Matilda: You hurt me Ric, Sitting there isn't going to make me change my mind.

Ric: It's meant to show you that I really care and that I will always be here.

Matilda: Well always be there somewhere else.

Matilda closed the door.

Lucas walked to Belle house and stood at the side of the house, He looked up to Belle's bedroom, The window was closed. There was no trellis but there was a drainpipe. He tried to climb it but slipped. He tried to get his grip but again slipped. Lucas looked around and saw a bin, He rolled it to the drainpipe and stood on top, After getting his balance he held onto the drainpipe and put his foot on the windowsill. He climbed half way up and reached his hand higher and knocked on the window. After no-one opened the window he climbed a little higher and knocked again. He peeked into the window and no-one was in the room.

Lucas: Son of a--

Irene: Oi buster!

Belle: Lucas what are you doing?

Lucas looked down to see Belle and Irene standing below him.

Lucas: Er.. Well I came to see you.

Irene: People usually use doors!

Lucas: I..I know, But--

Lucas suddenly started to feel the drainpipe move back. He tried to grip onto the windowsill.

Belle: Lucas!

Lucas screamed as the drainpipe fell away from the house and he landed on the washing line in the next garden.

Lucas: Ow!

Miss Collins: What's going on out here?!

Irene's neighbour wasn't happy that Lucas had just fallen into his garden and on to the washing line breaking it.

Lucas: I'm sorry. There was a accident.

Belle stood there smirking and Irene wasn't happy but was trying to calm the situation with her neighbour.

Irene: I'm sure Lucas will pay for any damages that happened.

Lucas: Yeah, Of course. I'm sorry.

The neighbour walked into her house complaining.

Irene: Right boffhead. Up, out of there and inside now.

Lucas got up and climbed back over the broken bush and walked into the house.

Belle: What were you doing?

Lucas: I just wanted it to be something special that you would remember.

Irene: I won't forget it.

Belle sat down unamused by what Lucas tried to do.

Belle: Climbing up a drainpipe and breaking it isn't special to me.

Lucas: That wasn't apart of the plan.

There was a knock on the door and Irene got up to answer it, Standing there was Jack in his uniform and Lara Fitzgerald.

Irene: What's going on?

Jack: We had a call from your name saying that someone had broken the bush and her washing line.

Jack looked past Irene and saw Lucas standing there.

Jack: Please tell me that wasn't you?

Belle: Yeah it was.

Jack: Luc, What were you doing?

Lucas: What dad tried to do.

Jack: Dad didn't get arrested.

Belle: You're arresting him?

Jack: The neighbour wants to press charges, I hope I can talk her out of it. But at the moment she is determined to press charges.

Lara: We are going to have to take you to the station.

Belle: Why? He can pay for the damages and no-one got hurt. It's not a big deal.

Lucas was happy that Belle was sticking up for him, Maybe this has a good result to their relationship.

Lucas: It's okay Belle, I messed up. I just wanted to impress you.

Jack: Come on Luc.

Ric was still sitting outside the house. Matilda was watching television with the sound up high.

Beth: Matilda what are you doing? Turn it down.

Matilda lowered the volume. Beth turned as she heard a noise the other side of the door.

Beth: Who's that?

Beth walked past Matilda and opened the door. She saw Ric sitting there, He looked up.

Beth: What are you doing here?

Ric: I'm here to show Matilda I wont give up on her or us.

Beth: Well you're not staying out here.

Ric: I just--

Beth: I don't care what you are doing, You are not going to hurt Matilda again and you are not going to be sitting outside my door.

Ric looked at Matilda and then stood up. He gave her one last look through the windows before walking past. He stood at the curb and then sat down. Matilda walked to the door and looked out to see Ric sitting down. She walked over to him.

Matilda: What are you doing? Mum told you to leave.

Ric: She told me to leave from your front door. The curb is public.

Matilda: So, You're going to sit there all night?

Ric: Longer if that's what it takes.

Matilda smiled but the quickly stopped and walked back into the house. Ric suddenly felt the need to go to the bathroom. Beth would never let him go inside and he couldn't go home. He walked to the side of the house and quickly relived himself, Then he made his way back to the curb and sat down. A few minutes later a police car arrived, Jack and Lara got out of the car.

Ric: Jack what are you doing here.

Lara: A neighbour phoned us Ric, She saw you relieving yourself in public.

Ric: Well.. I needed the bathroom.

Jack: Then why didn't you go to the bathroom in a house.

Ric: Beth never would of let me in and I'm not going home.

Jack: You could of gone next door, Dad would of let you in.

Ric: I, er.. Never thought of that.

Jack: Come on. Let's go.

Ric got up and walked to the police car.

Jack: Is it a full moon tonight or what?

Lara laughed as they got into the car.

Jack and Lara led Ric into the police station he saw Lucas sitting on one of the benches.

Ric: What are you doing here?

Jack: Romeo thought that climbing a drainpipe would win back Belle's heart.

Lara: Instead he broke the drainpipe, a bush and washing line.

Ric laughed.

Lucas: What are you doing here?

Ric: I used a bush outside Matilda's house as a bathroom.

Lucas: What were you doing at Matilda's house?

Ric: I wanted to show her that I would never give up on us and decided to stay outside her house until she forgave me.

Lara: Next time, Go to the bathroom first.

Ric sat down next to Lucas to wait for Sally to arrive. Five minutes later Tony enters.

Lucas: Dad.

Tony: Not a word!

Tony walked over to Jack at the desk.

Tony: What happened?

Jack: Lucas climbed up the drainpipe to try and impress Belle, But it broke and he fell back into the neighbours garden breaking the bush and washing line.

Tony: Are they pressing charges?

Jack: They were but Lara is on the phone now, Hopefully changing their mind.

Tony turned to Lucas and Ric, Ric was smiling.

Tony: I don't know what you are smiling at. You are obviously in trouble aswell.

Ric nodded. Tony looked at Lucas.

Tony: You better hope that they drop the charges and you will be paying for all damages.

Sally and Alf came through the door and walked over to them.

Sally: I didn't know Lucas got into trouble aswell?

Tony: Criminal Damage. What did Ric do?

Sally: Indecent Exposure.

Ric: I needed the bathroom.

Alf: Next time, Actually use a bathroom.

Lara: Well I have spoken to Irene and the neighbour and they wont be pressing charges.

Tony: That's great news.

Lucas: Yeah, Thanks.

Sally: What about Ric?

Lara: We wont be pressing charges against Ric either, You can both go home.

Alf: Thanks Lara.

Ric and Lucas got up and walked out the door followed by Sally, Tony and Alf.

Archived