Fair By Heart

Guest HeavenForbid

Chapter 9

Martha was in bed a couple of weeks later still haunted by her actions that night on the first and indeed her and Jack’s last date.

She was so stupid for thinking that she and Jack could be together. She needed to move on as soon as she could so she could make a fresh start.

Jack and Mattie had got a lot closer over the past few weeks and Martha felt isolated by this because she had no one to talk to.

The next day Martha headed off to school, another day at school that day but the unthinkable happened that day and when Martha got home. She was shaking from fear and locked herself in her room.

“Martha, whats wrong?” her mum asked

“Nothing. I am ok just a bit tired”

No way was Martha going to tell them what had happened, they would think she was pathetic and getting upset over nothing but it had really scared her.

Jack and Mattie were at Mattie’s house when Martha mum Roo rang her to try and get some sense out of Martha sudden withdrawal.

Mattie didn’t know why bus she offered to come around to see her and talk to her.

“Would you? Thanks”

“I will”

Mattie hung and turned to look at Jack apologetically “sorry but I need to go”

“I heard. Ring me later”

“Definitely, I promise”

Jack kissed her and Mattie felt a chill go up her arm. She was falling for Jack and Jack was falling for her as well.

Mattie arrived there and went to Martha’s room but Martha wouldn’t let her in, Mattie pushed Martha to her limit till Martha opened the door slightly and pushed Mattie away.

Next Chapter: Whatever Laineys want!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry: Jack should be with Martha!

I have a feeling this fanfiction won't have a happy ending because all of the fanfictions that I have read written by Zetti have sad endings :(

Update soon!

Have you only just worked that out :P

Chapter 10

"Go away, Mattie!" Martha snarled "I don't want to talk to you"

"Martha! Please. Talk to me. Your mum is worried" Mattie replied

"She has nothing to be worried about" Martha answered "I am fine"

Martha walked past Mattie and ran out of her house. She ran to the beach and started to cry. She couldn't tell anyone what was happened. Martha's phone rang. It was her mum

"Martha. Where are you?" her mum asked

"Out. Why?" Martha asked

"Well, it is Tuesday. You get you extra Biology lessons today. At 5. It is 4 now. I want you home now for something to eat" Roo replied

"Ok, I will be back in a few minutes" Martha answered and stood up.

She saw Jack walking down the beach. Martha tired to avoid him and walked up towards the diner. Jack ran after her

"Martha! Martha!" he called

"Go away, Jack" Martha said annoyed

"What is up?" Jack asked

"Nothing. Mind your own god damn business!" Martha snapped

"Martha! You are a spoiled b*tch! You know that!" Jack snapped "I know something is up, your mum knows and so does Mattie. All we want to do it help you and you won't let anyone in!"

Jack walked off. Martha was stunned. Nobody had ever talked to her that way. Ever. She walked home. Roo had the dinner ready. She sat down and ate it in silence. After dinner, Martha went and got ready for her extra Biology lessons.

"Come on, Martha" Roo called

Martha walked out and they got into the car. Roo drove her to the school.

"I will collect you here at 7." Roo smiled

"Ok, thanks mum" Martha replied

Martha went to get out of the car when Roo grabbed her arm

"Sweetheart. . ." Roo started "Are you sure everything is ok?"

"Yes, mum" Martha lied

"Ok, well see you later" Roo answered

Martha got out of the car and Roo drove off. Martha walked into the school. She walked down the hall and got out her Biology book from her locker. Then, she headed to the classroom. Her teacher, Mr Lawler was already there. He was writing on the board when Martha walked into the room and sat down.

"Hi Martha." Mr Lawler smiled

"Hi" Martha answered shyly

"Where did we leave it last week?" he asked and sat down beside her

"Em, I don't really remember" Martha replied and opened her book

"Ah! Yes, the cell. Let's see what you remember?" he smiled "What two types of vascular tissue are there?"

"Xylem and Phloem" Martha answered correctly

"Good! What is Xylem for?" he asked

"Transports water. Phloem transports food" Martha replied nervously

"Good. Good. Lets close the books now" he grinned and started to rub her leg

Martha looked at him. He smelled of BO and alcohol.

"What soft legs you have" he said and grabbed her face

"Please! Please! Don't. Once today was enough" Martha sobbed

"No! Not for me" he smiled and pushed Martha on the floor.

"No! Get off me! Get off me!" Martha cried uncontrollably

After a while, Mr Lawler zipped back up his trousers and Martha put her skirt back on as well as her top. Mr Lawler smiled at her

"See you next week"

Martha looked at him and ran out of the room. She waited until her mum arrived at the school and got into the car, gave her mum a hug and sat in silence on the way home.

Archived