Fair By Heart

Guest HeavenForbid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 8

Jack continued to stare at Martha kissing someone who looked twice the age she was. It felt like his heart was ripped into pieces. Martha broke from the kiss. She started dancing but caught Jack at the corner of her eye. Her jaw dropped. Jack was still standing there. He turned around and started to walk away. Martah ran after him

“JACK!” she yelled

She ran as fast as she could.

“Go away, Martha” Jack said annoyed

“Please. . . Wait” Martha said

“Why? Why don’t you just go back in and kiss that guy again. He looks around 35! What are you playing at?” Jack said

“I am so sorry! I was just so annoyed that you left” Martha

“Beth died and Mattie needed someone. . . ” Jack said

“Oh my god! What?” Martha said with tears forming in her eyes

“Mattie called me. I went outside and rang her. She told me that she died. I came back in to let you know and well, there you were” Jack answered

“I have to go and see her” Martha said taking out her phone

“What are you doing?” Jack asked

“Calling a taxi” Martha answered

“I have one on the way. It will be here in a few minutes” Jack said

“Thanks, Jack” Martha smiled

Martha and Jack stood waiting for the taxi. Neither said a word to each other. They were both still in shock over Beth’s death. After a few minutes, the taxi arrived and they both got into it. The journey was awkward and silent. They arrived at the Hunters house. The door was open and Kit and Mattie were sitting on the sofa crying while, Lucas and Tony were in the kitchen making tea. Martha went over to Kit and Mattie while, Jack went into the kitchen area.

“Heya, guys. Are you ok?” Jack asked

“Not really. . . ” answered Tony “But, I am more worried about Kit and Mattie”

“When did it happen?” Jack asked

“About an hour ago. Beth went out to get some shopping in. It was thunder and lightening and well, she car went off the road” Lucas replied

“Oh my god!” Jack answered

Tony brought in tea for Kit and Mattie. Martha stood up

“I am going to call granddad. I will stay the night, well if that is ok?” Martha asked

“Yeah, that is no problem” Tony smiled

Martha walked out of the house. Kit went into her bedroom while Tony and Lucas went to get a spare bed for Martha. Jack sat beside Mattie. She sobbed into his shirt.

“It is ok, I am here for you” Jack said

“I know, thanks Jack. I am so sorry about ruining your date with Martha” Mattie wept

“Don’t worry about that. It was already going bad anyway” Jack answered

“I hope you and her will go on another one” Mattie said

“Nope, I don’t think that sounds good” Jack replied

“Why?” Mattie asked

“We are two very different people. Always have been, always will be. Even at school. It was crazy! We hated each other. . . hate. . . We hate each other and nothing can ever change that. Thinking that we can go on a date and have relationship is crazy” Jack said

Mattie looked up and into Jack eyes. She leaned in and kissed him. It was strange at first but why did feel so right? Martha stood at the door. For some reason she wasn’t annoyed. Wasn’t upset. She was happy. She and Jack could never work and she knew it and so did Jack.

:blink:

And what exactly was the meaning of the last line!!!!! :angry:

Of course they would work! Theyre meant to be! Silly people :rolleyes:

More please :)

You people have gone mad. Jack kissed Mattie not Martha!!! Dumbo!!!

People read the chapter properly :P

Archived