Fair By Heart

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 7

Jack looked at his watch. It was nearly 7pm. He made his way over to Martha’s house. He had brought her a rose. Jack got butterflies in his stomach as he approached the door. He was just about to knock on the door when Sally opened the door.

“Oh, hello Jack. Come on in. I am just going to the bin” Sally smiled as she walked over to the rubbish bin and put the bag in it.

Jack sat on the sofa waiting for Martha to come down. Sally got him a drink and sat down opposite him analysing his body language. She could sense that Jack was nervous. He kept on looking at his watch

“You are nervous Jack” Sally said

“Is it that obvious?” Jack asked

“Yes, don’t be. Martha is really happy with you. You have nothing to be nervous about” Sally assured him

Martha walked into the room. She was wearing a long black dress with no stapes. Her hair was curled. She looked amazing like always. She smiled as she saw Jack. He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek and hugged her

“Wow! You look…Wow...” Jack said

“Thanks” Martha laughed

“This is for you” Jack smiled handing Martha the rose.

“Aw…Thank you Jack” Martha smiled

“Ok, you two better get going” Sally said

Martha and Jack walked out of the house. They both got into the taxi which took them to a restaurant in Yabbie Creek. Once inside, they search for a table. They both sat down and looked at the menu.

“The lamb sounds good” Jack said

Martha looked at Jack and smiled. The waiter came over.

“Can I take your order?” he asked

“I will have the lamb” Jack said

“I will have the salad” Martha answered

“No meat?” the waiter asked

“No thank you. I am a vegetarian.” Martha said

Jack’s heart skipped a beat. He had never knew she was and had just asked for meat. The waiter left and Martha and Jack sat in silence. It was becoming very awkward. After a while, the waiter returned with their meals. Martha watched Jack eat as he was feeling very guilty. They were half way done when Jack’s phone rang. He took it out.

“Hello?” Jack said

“Hi, it is Mattie. I need to talk you to” she said

“I am kind of busy right now” Jack said

“It is real important” Mattie said

“Fine, I will be there in a while” Jack said

He hung up his phone, looked and Martha and said

“I have to go. I am really sorry”

“What?” Martha said annoyed

“I am sorry, here take that. Call me later” Jack said handing her money for a taxi

Jack left. Martha got really p*ssed off. She walked over to the bar where there was a man there. He bought Martha a drink unaware that Martha was only 16 years old. After a few, Martha was drunk. She started dancing with the guy. She leaned in and kissed him. As this was happening, Jack had just returned and saw Martha kissing the other guy.

Archived