Summer Of Love

Guest HeavenForbid

Chapter 11

Martha and Lon spent all their time together. After a while, Martha, Lon and her parent went out to dinner. Lon was dancing. Martha looked at him and smiled. Then she turned her head to the ground. She wondered what Jack was doing right now. Lon came over to her.

“I love you Martha” Lon smiled

“I love you too” Martha said back

“Say, why don’t we get married?” Lon asked

“What? And what makes you say that I want to marry you?” Martha teased

“Well, I love you. You love me” Lon said

“And?” Martha smiled

“And I already asked your parents and they have allowed this to happen” Lon smiled

Martha looked at her parents. They were dancing, smiling and looking over at them. Martha and looked at Lon.

“Yes! Yes! I want to get married to you” Martha said and kissed him. Lon got up and ran over to the stage

“Excuse me! Excuse me! I have just asked that women for my hand in marriage and she said yes!” Lon said

Everyone clapped. Anne ran over to her daughter. They hugged and smiled and laughed. It was such a happy time

Chapter 12

After two years at war, Jack returned to Summer Bay. He arrived home. Nothing had changed. Tony saw him walking down the road. He ran out and hugged his son. They both walked into the house. Tony handed him an envelope.

“What is this?” Jack asked curiously

“Open it” Tony smiled

Jack opened it. Inside, it said that Jack was the owner of the white house that he always wanted.

“I bought it for you” Tony said

“Dad! Thank you so much” Jack said and hugged his father

One day when, Jack was going to the city to get supplies for building the house, faith stepped in. He was on the bus. He looked out the window and could of sworn he had just seen Martha. He ran down to the driver.

“Stop the bus! Stop the bus!” Jack shouted

“I cant! You will have to wait until the next stop” the driver replied

Jack was annoyed. He pressed the bottom to open the door and ran out of the moving bus. He ran down the road. Martha had just entered a restaurant. Jack ran as fast as he could. He eventually reached the restaurant. He looked in the window and saw Martha. He smiled. But suddenly his smiled turned into a sad face. Martha walked over to a man and kissed him. It was Lon.

Chapter 13

Jack went back to Summer Bay thinking about what he saw. Martha had moved on. Jack fixed up the house. He hoped that if Martha saw that Jack had put it together the way Martha’s wanted it she would come back to him. The house was white, with blue shutter and a porch right around it. Just the way Martha wanted. After a few months, Tony died. Jack decided to sell the house. He had some very good offers but never sold it. He could only think of Martha. It was what she wanted. Jack decided to move on. He had a new girlfriend, Jenny. She was a war widow. One night, when Jack and Jenny slept together, Jenny got up and put her dressing grown on and walked out of the room

“What are you doing tomorrow night?” Jenny asked

“I don’t know yet. Why?” Jack asked

“We never go out” Jenny said

“We went out last week” Jack said

“Yeah, last week. Jack are you happy with me?” Jenny asked

“Yeah…Of course” Jack lied

Jenny got back into bed with Jack. She lay on his chest. Jack was thinking a lot about Martha lately. He missed her. So much. Where was she? What was she doing? The next day, Jack got up. The newspaper reporters where coming around to take a picture of him with the house. Jack looked at the house. He was very proud of what he had done. He smiled as the photographer took the picture.

Chapter 14

Martha turned around.

“What do you think?” she asked

Martha was trying on her wedding dress

“Lon will not be able to take his eyes of you!” said one of her friends

“Or his hands” laughed another friend

“It is in the paper! Look” said another on of her friends

Anne took the paper

“Oh my god! It is going to be the wedding of the year” Anne said

“Lets see” Martha smiled

Martha took the paper of her mother. It was folded over. She unfolded it and got the shock of her life.

“Oh boy!” Anne said stunned

They saw the picture of Jack at the house. Martha fainted. After a while, she came around. She went to see Lon. She walked into the office. All of his co-workers left. Martha sat on the desk. She was thinking. There was silence.

“I don’t paint anymore” Martha said

“So paint!” Lon suggested

“I will. I will. I will start again” Martha smiled

“Martha, are you ok?” Lon asked

“Yes, but I think to go somewhere for a few days” Martha said

“Once you will be back, I have no problem with that” Lon smiled

“I will be back” Martha said and kissed him

Martha left the office. She got into her car and drove for what seemed like hours and hours. Eventually she reached her destination. She looked at the sign “Now Entering Summer Bay”

Chapter 15

Martha drove up the house. She got out of her car and smiled. Just the way she wanted. Jack walked out of the shed. He looked at Martha.

“I saw your picture in the paper…” Martha started to say. “…The one with you and the house. And I thought I would come by and see if you were ok. So are you?”

“I am” Jack answered

“I shouldn’t of come here.” Martha said and ran back to her car. She got into it and was about to drive off when, Jack walked up to the window.

“Do you want to come in?” Jack asked

“Ok” Martha smiled.

They walked into the house. Jack and Martha sat in a room. Jack gave her a can of beer.

“I am getting married. He is a real good guy. His name is Lon” Martha said

“Your parents must love him.” Jack laughed

“Yes, they do. You would really like him also” Martha said

“You love him?” Jack asked

“I do, very much” Martha replied

“Would you like to stay for dinner?” Jack asked

“Sure” Martha smiled.

They were into teh dining room and sat down and eat they meal. Jack handed Martha another beer.

“I am a cheap drunk, I have to say” Martha laughed “You will be bring me home after another few of these”

“Well, go slow. I don’t want to take advantage of you then” smiled Jack

“You wouldn’t dare. I am a married woman -”

“Not yet” Jack said cutting her off.

Martha looked around the room.

“This, room. It is….where we…Is this the room?” asked Martha

“Yup” Jack smiled.

Martha laughed nervously and then downed her beer. They walked out to the porch. Jack was saying a poem while Martha was sitting on the chair thinking about when they were younger. She smiled as Jack finished reading out the poem.

“I was real, wasn’t it” Martha said “You and me. Such a long time ago, we were only kids. But you loved each other, didn’t we?”

Martha looked at Jack. He smiled. After a few minutes Martha said;

“I should go. See you later”

Martha walked to her car. Jack followed her.

“Do you think that you could come around tomorrow?” Jack asked

“Em…” Martha said

“Please, there is a place I would love to show you” Jack begged

“Ok” Martha said and got into her car. Jack smiled as he watched her drive away. She had come back into his life. Jack stayed up all night thinking that he couldn’t lose her again. Martha went to her hotel. Her phone started ringing

“Hello” Martha said

“Hey,”

“Who is this?” Martha asked

“Lon, who you expecting someone else to call you?” Lon asked

“Uh, no. I am just shocked. How did you find me here?” Martha asked

“There is only one hotel is Summer Bay” laughed Lon “And when I didn’t recieive a call from you. I got worried. Where have you been? Are you ok?”

“Yes, I am fine” Martha answered

“Ok, then. Is there anything you want to tell me?” Lon asked

“No, No…I don’t think so” Martha replied

“Ok, then” Lon replied

“Lon, I love you. I will call you tomorrow” Martha smiled

“Ok, love you too” Lon said

Chapter 16

The next day, Martha went to the house. She looked around for Jack.

“Jack! Jack! Where are you?” she shouted entering the shed

“Hey there” he smiled coming towards her.

Jack and Martha walked down to the boat. They both got in and sailed into the lake. It was beautiful. The flowers, birds, trees – just amazing Martha thought. She smiled.

“It looks like rain. We should head back” Jack said “Do you like it here?”

“Yes, it is amazing” Martha answered

Martha looked at the ducks in the water

“Do you want to feed them?” Jack asked

“Yes” Martha replied

Martha started to feed the ducks while Jack looked on.

“What are they doing here?” asked Martha

“I don’t really know. They are supposed to go to the Guatemala sound” Jack answered

“They will not stay here?” Martha asked

“No…They go back to where the came from” Jack said

“You are different now” Martha said

“How?” Jack asked

“The way you look, the way you live. Everything” Martha answered

“You look different but in a good way” Jack laughed

“You really did it. The house. It is beautiful” Martha said

“Well, I promised you, didn’t I?” Jack smiled

The clouds started to form in the sky. It started to rain very heavily.

“We have to go, now” Jack said and started to row as fast as possible

They reached the house. Martha got out of the boat and walked away from Jack.

“Why didn’t you write to me?” Martha blurted out “It wasn't over for me. Why? I waited seven years. And now it’s too late”

“I wrote you a letter everyday for a year.” Jack said walking up to her

“You wrote to me?” Martha asked

“Yes” Jack smiled “It wasn’t over for me either. And it still isn’t!”

Jack grabbed Martha and kissed her romantically. They ran up to the house. They kissed each other again and again. Jack lifted Martha up. Her legs were around his waist. She kissed him over and over. She flung of her top. They both ran up the stairs. Jack put Martha on the bed and started to take off her tights. They kissed and kissed. Soon, Martha was moaning with pleasure. She sat up. And kissed Jack again.

“You have got to be kidding me! All this time and that is what I have been missing” Martha smirked “Lets do it again”

Chapter 17

Martha and Jack had moved to the sitting room. The fire was lighting. Martha lay next to Jack staring at him. He was sleeping.

“Jack. Jack. Wake up” Martha said

“Um-mmm” Jack replied

“Wake up!” Martha said

“Hi.” Jack smiled

Martha got on top of him and started to kiss him

“Are you trying to kill me women?” laughed Jack “I need rest! I need food”

“Ok, what would you like?” Martha asked

“Pancakes” Jack answered

“Ok.” Martha laughed

And bacon“ Jack smirked

“Sure” Martha replied

“And chicken” Jack said laughing

There was a knock on the door. Jack got up and answered it. It was Jenny.

“Hi” she smiled

“Hi” Jack replied

“What are you doing?” Jenny asked

“Nothing, really” Jack responded

Martha walked out. Jenny looked at her

“So is this Jenny?” Martha asked “Hi, I am Martha. I have heard a lot about you.”

“I have heard a lot about you too” Jenny smiled

“Would you like to come in?” Martha asked

“Are you sure?” Jenny asked

“Yes. Jack was just saying how hungry he is” Martha smiled

“Come on in” Jack said

Jenny walked into the house. They all had something to eat. Jack walked Jenny out to her car.

“It was nice meeting you, Jenny” Martha shouted

“Nice meeting you too” Jenny smiled

“Goodbye. Take care” Martha laughed

“She is sensational. She really is. I am happy that I came, Jack. I forgotten what it’s like” Jenny said to Jack “For the first time since I lost Richard, I fell like I have something to look forward too”

Jack smiled. Jenny got into the car. Jack walked back into the house and hugged Martha.

Updates will be every few days....I have exams in two weeks and really need to study!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 18

The next day, Martha woke up to a flower beside her bed. It read “Follow the foot steps.” Martha smiled. She got up and grabbed the blanket and put it around her. She followed them like the note said. It led into a room over looking the lake and painting board ready for Martha to start painting in. Martha sat down. She started to paint. After a while, there was a knock on the door. Martha ran down to open it. It was her mother.

“Lon is on his way here” Anne said “Your father told him about Jack and when Lon didn’t hear for you again last night he decided to come down”

“Well, this is great” Martha said annoyed “Me, Jack and Lon! One big happy family. Tell me about my letters mother. Is it true? Did you keep them from me?”

“Yes” Anne answered

“You watched me cry for months and months and you never told me about them. How could you do that to me?” Martha asked

“I am so sorry, Martha” Anne replied

“You are sorry! Sorry!” Martha said rolling her eyes

“Yes, I am, I really am” Anne said

“Thanks to you, my life is ruined.” Martha said annoyed

“I stole your letters! I am sorry. Stop being so dramatic” Anne said getting annoyed “And take some responsibility for your actions! You came here. You knew very well what would happen. You knew this would happen”

“Great, now I am a tramp?” Martha snapped

“Your are so childish! Get some clothes on. Let’s take a drive” Anne said

“Why would I want to do that?” Martha asked

“I might know you a little better than you think” Anne said

Martha looked at her mother. She went upstairs and got dressed. When she returned downstairs, Anne was waiting in the car. They drove to a building site and Anne stopped the car.

“I don’t want you to wake up one day and thinking that if you have known everything that things may be different” Anne said

“What are we doing here?” Martha asked confused

“Do you see that man, there?” Anne asked pointing to one of the builders. “Don’t look like it now, but years ago, he was amazing. We were hopelessly in love. You grandfather hated us together and we ran away. Didn’t get far. But that was then…I sometimes drive down here to look at his, trying to picture our lives together if it worked out. I want you to know that I love your father”

“Mum -”

“This is important!” Anne said starting to cry “Your father is a wonderful man. He is so good to me and I don’t deservers him. I love him, Martha. I really do”

“I know, mum” Martha said to her mother

“Look at me, crying. It is crazy. I don’t even know that person anymore.” Anne said

Anne looked at the man again. She started the car and drove back to the house. On the way, they pasted the hotel and saw Lon’s car. Martha got out of the car and saw Jack sitting on the porch. Anne stepped out of the car.

“Martha!” she called “Here. I hope you make the right choice”

Anne handed Martha the letters that she has kept from Martha for so long. Martha hugged her mother and then turned around and started to walk up to Jack.

Chapter 19

Martha walked up to Jack. She looked at him.

“Interesting morning” Jack said

“Yeah” Martha answered “Lon is in town”

“What? Here?” Jack said

“Yeah. We saw his car on the way at the hotel” Martha replied

Jack looked at Martha

“I see you got my letters” Jack smiled

“Yeah, finally” laughed Martha

“What are you going to do, Martha?” Jack asked

“I don’t know, Jack” Martha said starting to cry

“So what! We are back to this now. Are we back there?” Jack said “What about what happened the last few days?”

“I know that what happened and that were great but it were very irresponsible.” Martha said sobbing “I have a fiancé waiting for me who is going to be crushed when he finds out -”

“So your plan was to make love to me and there go back to your husband” Jack snarled

“I made a promise to a man, he gave me a ring and I gave him my word” Martha wept

“And your word is shot to hell now? Don’t you think -”

“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Martha said annoyed “I will find out when I talk to him.”

“This is not about keeping your promise and it is not about following your heart. . ” Jack paused “. . . It is about security”

“What is that supposed to mean?” asked Martha fuming

“Money!” Jack snapped “He has a lot of money”

“I hate you! I hate you, you smug b*stard!” Martha said slapping and hitting Jack

Martha ran down to her car. Jack ran after her.

“Well, I hate you too” he shouted “I hate you if you leave!”

“Have you not beening paying attention to anything that has happened?” Martha asked

“I guess not. I think I must have misread all of those signals.” Jack smirked

“I guess you did” Martha said looking at Jack

“You are bored. You are so bored and you know it. You wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t something missing” Jack said

“You arrogant son of a b*tch!” Martha said and slapped him again

“Would you please just stay with me?” Jack asked

“Why? Why should I? Look at us! We are already fighting!” Martha said

“Well, that is what we do. We fight. You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a b*tch and I tell you when you are being a pain in the ass. Which you are most of the time” Jack said “I am not afraid to hurt your feelings”

“So what?” Martha said

“So it is not going to be easy. It is going to be hard and we will have to work at this every single day but I want to do that because I want to be with you Martha” Jack said “I want you and me together forever everyday”

Martha stared at Jack. What was she meant to say to that? He loved her.

“No matter what I do, someone will get hurt and that is not fair” Martha said

“Would you stop thinking about what everyone else wants, Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants and what you parents want. What do you want?” Jack asked “What do you want, Martha?”

“It is not that simple” Martha said

“What do you want?” Jack repeated

“It is not - ”

“Goddamn it! What do you want?” Jack said getting annoyed

“I have to go” Martha said

Martha got into her car and drove off. Would Jack ever see her again?

Thanks for all the comments

Here is the last chapter

I may have changed the end from what happens in the movie :P

Chapter 20

Martha drove of crying uncontrollably. She pulled over and grabbed a letter that Jack wrote to her.

My dearest Martha,

I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent a summer beneath the trees learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give to you forever. I love you.

I'll be seeing you, Jack.

Martha put the letter away and continued to drive. She reached the hotel where Lon was waiting for her. She was so nervous. What was going to happen? She fixed her make up and stepped out of the car. Martha walked into the room and sat on the bed until Lon finally spoke after a few minutes.

“Ok, the way I see it, I got three choices. One, I can shoot him. Two, I can kick the sh*t out of him or three, and I am considering this one, I leave you. But that is no good. You see, none of those options get me you.”

“I love you” Martha said

“I love you too and I meant what I said when I gave you that ring” Lon replied

“So did I.” Martha answered “It is just when I am with Jack, I feel like one person and when I am with you I feel like someone totally different”

“It is normal not to forget you first love.” Lon said “I love you, Martha but I want you for myself. I don’t want to have to convince my fiancé that she should be with me.”

“You don’t have to.” Martha replied “I already know who I should be with”

Lon looked at Martha. Was she going to chose him? Martha stood up and walked over to him. She gave him a hugged and kissed him on the cheek.

“I love you. I always will. But my heart belongs to Jack” Martha said

“I know. Go and get him” Lon smiled

Martha smiled and then ran back out to her car happily. She drove the car as fast as she could. Jack was lying on his bed when he heard a noise. He got up of the bed and went out to the balcony. She saw Martha getting her stuff out of the car. Jack smiled. So did Martha. He ran down the stairs and opened the door. Martha ran up to him and jumped into his arms and kissed him. They knew that they would be together forever.

Link to comments thread.

Archived