Lyrical Contest Archive

Guest Marieh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so the voting is going to be the same for this contest.

You must choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd and give a reason for each one as to why you think it deserves that place now i'm not asking for an essay or anything just a simple comment like i think it's really effective because of it's colouring or something like that.

If you want you can just say:

1st - nice colouring.

For example. Although, i'm sure the makers would prefer to know why you think it's nice colouring but if you feel you just want to put nice colouring then so be it.

Also, in addition to voting for your favourities you could also saying why you didn't vote for some of the others but this is OPTIONAL although if you do do this it will benefit the makers as they will recieve some constructive criticism.

Now, the entries. :)

#1 - l1.png

#2 - l2.png

#3 - l3.jpg

#4 - l4.jpg

#5 - l5.png

#6 - l6.jpg

#7 - l7.png

#8 - l8.png

#9 - l9.jpg

Happy Voting. :) Voting will close on Saturday 9th June 6pm GMT.

They are all great but here goes......

1st - #4

My vote for first place goes to number 4 because the background effect e.g flowers and butterflys looks beautiful but also because the pictures used in the boxes relate very well to the words. The black background also works very well and looks great.

2nd - #8

I love the cropping on number 8, having Luc and Mattie in the middle of the banner works really well with the off-centre text. The white border looks really classy and also gives it a very finished look.

3rd - #5

In third place i'm voting for number 5. The blending is amazing, and the pictures used were well thought out. I love the text on it especially, very good choice.

Some constructive critism for the other creations :P.....

Number 1 - It's good, but the heart in the background seems a bit too light. I do however love the text!

Number 2 - YUM!! :wub: It's nice but IMO the white lips look a bit...odd.

Number 3 - This avatar seems quite dark, but apart from that its good!

Number 6 - Once again a great sig the quality of the pictures makes it look a bit pixely though.

Number 7 - I almost voted for this one because I love it!! If we could vote for 4 creations I would have voted for this one.

Number 9 - I almost voted for this one too! :lol: Great choice of words and I like the border.

All of them are great though!!! :D

1st - #8

I really like the colouring, as well as the combination of the larger text compared with the size of Mattie and Lucas in the pic. The white border makes it look really finished.

2nd - #5

The blending of the pictures and colouring is really good. I like the block text on the white background, it seems appropriate for the scene.

3rd - #7

The greyscale is really effective, and the small white text is very suitable. Maybe it needs a bit more contrast however, I also like the lack of sharpness in the background.

Such a high standard by everyone! :)

1st - #7

the greyscale effect is wonderful, and i personally believe they've used the lyrics in the best way out of all the entrants.

2nd - #2

God, I cracked up when I saw this one. A wonderful, innovative use of the lyrics with a such a creative graphic. Well done on this one.

3rd - #5

I love the use of text down the bottom, they've taken time and effort to make it worth while. And the blending of the pictures is great. Perhaps a little more contrast would have been nice, but I love the overall feel of the banner.

Are we allowed to vote if we have entered? [not giving anything away...] just a general question.

I'm fairly sure its okay, as long as you don't vote for yourself. At least, thats the rule in all other challenges here.

Archived