A Special Connection

Guest *~Abi~*

Great update Abi!

More new characters - looks like it could be itneresting :)

Thanks Ali hun. yep three new characters one is going to slighty more important than the othe two but I hope u all like Libby. and thanks laineyloo for your rewiew hun, i have just relaised that noone has picked up on something which I thought people would, which for me is actually good lol anyeways here's the next part . XxX

Three days later Peter was getting into a routine ,as usual Peter is woken by the sound of his bedroom door opening, he turns his head to see who was entering his room ‘Morning Peter did I wake you?’ Libby asks as she fully enters the room and puts the tray she was holding on the near by chair

‘no I was already awake’ Peter says smiling at Libby, Libby closes the bedroom door,

‘I thought you would like to try and have some proper breakfast today, none of that drip crap’ Libby says placing the tray on the side cabinet

‘sounds good to me’ Pete says, Libby again helps Peter to sit up she then places the tray down on his lap ’hope you like pancakes’ Libby says pouring the carton of fresh orange juice into 2 glasses ‘love ’em. Thanks’ he says as Libby passes him the glass

‘That’s ok, good to see you eating properly and not through a tube’ Libby says sipping her drink ‘was that what you did ? Feed me through a tube’ Pete asks as he took another mouthful of his pancakes. ‘yes it was I would syringe your food through a drips hence the two catheters in your hands actually the food one can come out once you’ve eaten’ Libby says placing her drink on the side, the pair sat in silence whilst Peter eat his breakfast

…….. ‘that was lovely thanks Libby’ Pete says placing the knife and fork on the plate

‘glad you liked it’ Libby says smiling as she placed the two glasses on the tray and picked it up, going to the bedroom door

‘can I have some more pain relief when you come back please?’ Peter asks Libby nods before leaving. Ten minuets later she returns and gives him some more pain relief, ‘now you’re awake we should be able to whine you off the strong stuff soon’ Libby says chucking the syringe into the bin

‘right sounds good, your in charge will let you deal the meds out’ Peter says as the both laugh ‘so when am I allowed to walk about in the outside world again?’ Pete asks Libby, she sighed sitting down on her usual chair by Peter’s bed

‘well if you continue to be a good patient and get lots of rest then we’ll see’

‘Libby you know as well as me I’m not going to see the outside world any time soon”

Libby looks at him, “I’m sorry I just didn’t want to come out with it encase it well… well it upset you”

They both looked at each not knowing what to say until Libby slowly gets up saying, “You need your rest”. Peter knew that he did as well but he hated being alone. “Libby please just stay and keep me company, I hate being alone”

Peter looked up as he saw Libby just looking at him, “What?” she asks him

“Nothing it’s just that well you seem such a nice girl to be stuck in here when you could be out living your life with a proper job”

Libby was slightly confused ,why Peter had mentioned looking after him as her job how comes Peter didn't know she was in the same situation as him, she thought that Arthur would have told him but she decided not to tell him the real reason, “Yes they give me good pay” Libby said smiling warmly towards Peter.

Great chapter!

I am confused :lol:

So Libby is not a doctor?

Is she his work parnter?

Update real soon

This is fab

no she's not a doctor, basically Arthur and Jan have spoken to the hospital and they are told what peter needs to recover and they then tell Libby whos not a doctor what Pete needs and she gives it to him and she not his work partner ,all will be exmplained soon so hopefully it will make sense,

thanks for your review.

It will also become clear soon how they are connected will be imtrested who guesses first

more tomorrow or wed

Great chapter!

Is she his work parnter?

Update real soon

This is fab

no she's not a doctor, basically Arthur and Jan have spoken to the hospital and they are told what peter needs to recover and they then tell Libby whos not a doctor what Pete needs and she gives it to him and she not his work partner ,all will be exmplained soon so hopefully it will make sense,

thanks for your review.

It will also become clear soon how they are connected will be imtrested who guesses first

more tomorrow or wed

Ok. :)

Thanks for that

Looking forward to next update

Great chapter!

Is she his work parnter?

Update real soon

This is fab

thanks for your review.

more tomorrow or wed

Ok. :)

Thanks for that

Looking forward to next update

thanks hun will update tomorrow as am going out in a bit (also Lil if u come on can u tell me if u've looked at the adds yet as need to know asap. Cheers x)

finally getting round to adding next chapter, as usual love to hear what people think. love Abi xx

Eight long, hard painful weeks has passed since Peter arrived in Witness protection, 2 weeks being in a coma so he couldn’t remember them, in a way he thought that was a good thing. Two less weeks of being bored and going mental, thinking about how Summer Bay is coping after the explosion. A light knocking sound hitting his bedroom door slowly brought him round; he began to slowly sit up in bed glancing a look at the clock, just before nine. The past few weeks he was up around 6am so today he was surprised that Libby had actually came up to his room earlier. “Come in” Pete said trying to make himself look decent, well half decent in his pyjamas was hard but he tried his best.

“Libby can I ask you a question?” Pete asked looking at her seriously, “Why do you knock?” “Well It’s just polite to knock, imagine if I didn’t and well you was getting dressed, I wouldn’t want to disturb you now would I” she joked.

“Something smells good.” He says turning to have a look to see what was on the tray Libby had brought in “You’d better try it before you comment”

“Ok but I’m sure it will be delicious”.

Pete started to eat his food when he noticed Libby had nothing.

“You not eating today?.” “Maybe later just not that hungry yet, might grab a bite to eat later” Libby said giving Peter a warm gentle smile.

Pete carried on eating his breakfast when he suddenly stopped looking outside, staring outside in fact. The sun was beaming and Peter was starting to feel like he was ready to go out again. “Libby?”

“Yes?” “I think its time that we went for a stroll outside”

“Pete you know as well as me we can’t”

Pete began to push his breakfast away from him giving Libby the silent treatment.

“Pete what are you doing?”

“I have finished, I can’t eat anymore. I think I might go back sleep I’m feeling tired”

“Ok I will be back to check on you soon”

3 hours had passed; Peter didn’t get a wink of sleep all he did was look out his small window trying to think about his future in Witness protection.

“Pete are you awake” Libby whispered through the door.

“Yes come in, I’m sorry about earlier its just not being able to leave the house... it’s frustrating and so annoying.”

“Don’t worry about it,” she said smiling at him.

‘Meds?’ she asks Pete smiles

‘yes please’ Pete says Libby goes over to the medical box and comes back over box in hand

‘you can start on the tablets now there not as strong as the other stuff you’ve been on and we need to whine you off it asap’ Libby says passing Peter two tablets he takes them and smiles

‘thanks Libby’ he says passing the glass back to her, she places it on the side, Pete starts shuffling around in the bed

‘what’s the matter with you fidget bum?’ Libby says laughing

‘I’m bored, this gown thing is bloody itchy’ Peter says as he continues to shuffle about

‘look if you’re feeling up to it why don’t you have a shower, freshen up will do you good and I’ll sort you out with a change of clothes’ Libby says smiling before getting up and going to the wardrobe, Pete sits up even more and pulls back the bed covers, he stands up it’s then Libby turns to see him sway she runs back over to him placing her arms around his waist

‘hay , you ok?’ she asks sitting Pete back down on the bed

‘yeah I’m fine just got up to quick, well I better head in the shower I don't want to smell when I have company’ Pete says smiling at Libby to reassure her that he was ok; he was actually starting to like being fussed over he thought to himself. ‘There are clean towels in the bathroom which is in the conjoining door just there’ Libby says pointing to a door in the back wall

‘ok thanks’ Pete says heading to the door

‘I’ll be in here freshening up your room just shout if you need me’ Libby says as she starts pulling the cases off the pillows. Pete watches Libby for a moment and smiles before heading into the bathroom.

Fifteen minuets later Peter comes back out of the bathroom towel wrapped around his waist the other in his right hand, ‘Libby?’ he says he soon realises that she’s not in the bedroom anymore, he walks over to the now freshly made bed where there were clothes laid out for him, he smiled before getting dressed. A while later there was knock at the door ‘you decent?’ he hears Libby say

‘yeah come in Libby’ he says Libby then enters the room

‘shower ok?’ she asks walking over to where Peter was standing folding the wet towels

‘yes it was fine, you were right shower did do me good’ he says smiling at Libby

‘well you defiantly look happier for it’ Libby says going over to Peter ‘give them here will go and chuck ‘em in the washing basket’ she says Peter passes them to Libby, she leaves closing the door gently behind her.

After a few minuets Peter sits up and gets out of bed, he quickly walks across the bedroom to the door, he opens the door, wincing as it creaks he silently hopes no one has heard the noise and continues to make his way along the hallway. He makes it to the top of the stairs but is stopped when he feels a hand on his shoulder ‘trying to sneak off are we’ he sighs recognising the voice, he turns to see Libby behind him

‘no I was just…. I don’t know’ Pete says looking down, ‘I just wanted to go outside and……’ Pete was unable to finish his sentence as tears feel down his face,

‘come on Pete lets get you back to your room, the top of the stairs isn’t the safest place to be’ Libby says Peter walks back up the one step and stood next to Libby, They walk back to his room where Libby closes the door behind them, Peter walks back over to his bed, Libby starts to hear crying and turns to look at Pete who is sitting with his knees to his chest and has tears streaming down his face. Libby walks over to the bed and sits beside him

‘come here’ she says pulling him to her, Libby wraps her arms gently around him as he grips her left arm that is laying across his knees, he continues to sob ‘it’s ok Pete let it all’ she says softly rubbing his back gently making sure that she didn’t aggravate any of his injuries from the explosion , he moves his head from her shoulder and starts talking through sobs

‘I didn’t realise it would be this hard….. I miss him you know, Drew I’m worried about him and Dan I don’t know how they will be coping thinking I’m dead. They think I’m dead’ Pete repeats the last part realisation hitting him. Pete looks at Libby through tears ‘my family think that I’m dead, they probably have even had a funeral for me, grieved for me and all the time I’m stuck in here and can’t tell them that I’m alive and that I’ m missing them and that I love them’ Pete stops speaking, despite wanting to say that she knew how he felt, she couldn’t, Libby just continued to hold Peter tightly, gently rocking back and fourth trying to comfort him

‘so much bad stuff’s happened and despite everything we were all getting through it and now my brother, son, nephew, family and friends think I’m dead’ he says as more sobs rack his body, Libby tightens her arms around him and places a hand on his face gently stroking his cheek

‘Everything will work itself out Pete I promise’ she whispered as she continued to hold him. As 30 minutes had passed Peter has cried himself to sleep. Libby slowly ran her fingers threw Peter’s hair; she listened to the sound of him breathing while he was sleeping.

Archived