Angel

Guest rockagirl

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emmasi, when I buy Season 1, 2 & 3 of Angel on DVD, I'll see about making you some copies :wink:.

Thanks, but I've got 1,2,3 & 4. Just can't get 5... I mean I can, but I... can't. I suppose I should before they realise no one's buying it and take it away.

The episode where Lindsey left is my favourite, partly because Christian Kane got to flex those vocal cords.

"What is that? Country? Rock? Ballad? Pick a style, pal :rolleyes:"

:P

I may have hassled some friends in America and gotten a burned copy of a Kane CD... Unfortunately the song he sings in Angel isn't on it. It's hardcore country, but I've trained myself to like it. Much like I did with the Eric Stuart Band. Ah the things I do to be a fan of TV personalities.

Bringing Adult!Connor in was good but I do feel that they could have gotten a better actor.

I sometimes wonder if it was the concept I hated or the actor. I think it's both. But more the actor. First of all, how could Angel and Darla produce... that. Second... I don't know, he was too soft spoken or something, which actually would make sense given his parents, but he completely lacked intensity. The character was just a cocky little idiot, and you'd think that if Angel and Darla's skills were passed on to him, then he might have got a smidge of their brains too. Apparently not. Just a moron from start to finish. I didn't mind what they did with giving him his own happy life though. He wasn't so annoying then. Perhaps because it meant that he went away for a very long time.

I loved the Angel/Spike moments, including the nod to hardcore Spangel fans (Spike's comment about their one time together)

HAH! I cannot believe I forgot about that! :D. Oh yes that was very much appreciated. But even if you weren't a fan, it has to make logical sense that they would have got together at some point. Which is why I believe Spike got away with saying it so casually, hehe.

But my favourite part of Season 5? Illyria. She was completely different to Fred and Amy Acker seriously rocked. I would have killed to see a Illyria spinoff, with Spike.

...I kind of hated Illyria, but I think I'm the only one. Nothing against Amy Acker, she played the reverse role very convincingly. I just loved Fred so much. I didn't want her to die. Her last scene with Wesley was so sad :(

Hm. That scene might be incentive for me to buy season 5... Oh and that nice werewolf girl. I seemed to like her.

Doyle. I loved Doyle.

I cry everytime i watch the ep where he died. It was just so cruel that they killed him off.

I think one of my fav scenes from Angel was from episdoe 1 of season 2. I loved the scene at the end where Angel went to visit Faith in prison. I loved the conversation between them, and then Angel admiting to singing that song. LOL.

I also really loved a scene from season one. I think Cordy was having a party at her place, and some girl asked Angel to dance. Then there was that flash of angel dancing like a total weirdo. And then they showed more of it in the end credits. Cracks me up everytime.

I think the comedy side of the show was done much better than Buffy.

Also, i dont know why, but there was something about Harmony that i loved. Some of the things she said were priceless.

Ive just brought seasons 1, 2 and 3 and im halfway through season 2 now. There are so many ep's from 3, 4 and 5 that i missed. And i can't wait to see them. Im not looking forward to re-watching the assasination of Cordy. I really hated where her character headed towards the end. I think Conner made it worse for me. I blamed him for Cordy's demise.

I blame that stupid rock monster demon thing :rolleyes:

Did ANYTHING in season 4 make sense??

I have an even better idea. Lets just blame Buffy for everything. She was a total cow everytime she appeared in Angel ep's. So, lets just blame her for everyone's misfortune.

Doyle. I loved Doyle.

I cry everytime i watch the ep where he died. It was just so cruel that they killed him off.

I think one of my fav scenes from Angel was from episdoe 1 of season 2. I loved the scene at the end where Angel went to visit Faith in prison. I loved the conversation between them, and then Angel admiting to singing that song. LOL.

I also really loved a scene from season one. I think Cordy was having a party at her place, and some girl asked Angel to dance. Then there was that flash of angel dancing like a total weirdo. And then they showed more of it in the end credits. Cracks me up everytime.

I think the comedy side of the show was done much better than Buffy.

Also, i dont know why, but there was something about Harmony that i loved. Some of the things she said were priceless.

Ive just brought seasons 1, 2 and 3 and im halfway through season 2 now. There are so many ep's from 3, 4 and 5 that i missed. And i can't wait to see them. Im not looking forward to re-watching the assasination of Cordy. I really hated where her character headed towards the end. I think Conner made it worse for me. I blamed him for Cordy's demise.

Aww, the person that played Doyle is dead in real life, too, ain't he. Took an overdose or something. 'Tis a shame. Don't know if it was because he was taking drugs so they killed him off. :unsure:

I liked Angel but in the UK on terrestrial TV it was a struggle to keep up with what was going on. It started really late on channel 4 for about 3 weeks then disappeared then turned up on channel 5 again late at night for a couple of months before disappearing completely. I liked Angel and Fred, i wasn't keen on Gunn and Cordy i never liked in Buffy so i didn't want to see her in Angel. Plus i loved Angel/Buffy as a couple and the Angel/Cordy relationship just annoyed the hell out of me.

What did happen right at the end?

Archived