Never The Same

Guest Sarah_Lewis

Story Title: Never the same (name thanks to Alibaz)

Type of story: undecided, possibly a long fic

Main Characters: Peter and Clare

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance/Drama

Does story include spoilers: no

Any warnings: sc possibly, (never know with pete and clare)

Proof read: yes

Summary: Pete and Clare's love story as it could have been

Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

I cant believe Peter’s dead. We’d only just got things back on track: he loved me and I loved him. The only person I can think of that would have killed him is Eve; Eve or Tracey … he had no other enemies that I could think of. The day he died, I held him in my arms, and he was still breathing. I couldn’t stand to be around him any longer, knowing he was going to die. I won’t be able to spend the rest of my life with him like I wanted…

Good-bye diary, I’ll write tomorrow sometime.

Love Clare x x x

Everyone was looking at Clare as if she was a child. She had only lost her partner, but she missed him like crazy: missed working with him, missed being with him.

“Hello Clare, sorry about your loss,” said Amanda.

“Thanks Mandy, you too,” replied Clare. Not only did Peter die, but Amanda’s son Ryan died too.

“Thanks Clare. So how’s it going without Peter?” asked Amanda.

“Not too good … anyway I better be getting to work,” replied Clare. She couldn’t stop thinking about Peter.

“Ok bye, chat soon.” said Amanda, watching Clare walk off.

Dear Diary,

I don’t know if I can keep going on without Pete. Work feels so quiet without him there; I keep thinking he’s going to walk through the door and tell me he survived it and that he’s sorry he left me, but I know that’s never going to happen. I wish we had the chance to get married like we were going to, I wish we could have started our own family. It’s what Pete had always wanted, but he’s never going to get it now… I’m going to hunt Eve and Tracey down, and they’re going to regret killing my Peter.

Love Clare x x x

Peter was sitting at the end of his bed in the witness protection program. He desperately wanted to leave; he wanted to get back to Clare; to let her know he was alive and not dead.

“I want out, Perry, I don’t want to be in here any longer,” said Peter, staring at the walls. He was getting bored; he wanted his life back!

“We need to get you another appearance and identification, and then you can. It should only take us a few days to get it, if you could wait that long,” replied Perry.

“I can’t wait that long! I don’t care about another appearance - I just want to go and get on with my life already!” said Peter.

“Ok, if that’s what you really want … we’ll let you go now,” replied Perry, opening Peter’s door, letting him walk free.

“Thank you for letting me go,” said Peter, walking out of the open door.

Peter walked down the familiar path to the police station. He couldn’t wait to see Clare’s face when she saw he was alive. She’d be surprised, but what if she didn’t want to see him again? What if things had changed between them? He turned towards the police station … he was scared to walk in there. Maybe he should ring first? To let her know? she wouldn’t be so shocked…

’Nah, let it be a surprise,’ Peter said to himself, walking into the police station.

“Peter, you - you’re alive?!” said Lara, shocked to see the man she thought was dead.

“Yes I’m very much alive Lara - is Clare around?” asked Peter, looking around at the familiar surroundings.

“Yeah she’s in your office. She’s going to be happy to see you: she thought you were dead!” said Lara. She couldn’t believe he was still alive.

“Thanks Lara!” replied Peter, walking into his office.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived