Spamming in the Artwork forum

Guest .Cat.

I think a little common sense is called for here...yes its nice to say thanks...but not after every other post...when a few people have posted...thank them all in one post....otherwise it gets ridiculous...One word comments are not overly helpful either. When people post artwork they want constructive comments...so numerous posts saying...nice...cool..lovely etc...whilst good to see ....aren't actually contributing a great deal. If you like something say WHY you like it, and if you don't like it say WHY...you don't like it.

The main concern we have is people discussing what they are having for tea...where they are going tonight...tomorrow ..or for their holidays.. the cat having got the flu...what the boyfriend/girlfriend is up to...anything but the topic which they are supposed to be discussing....that sort of thing...basically people sometimes forget they are not on MSN and lapse into MSN style chat. As we are often pointing out...this is NOT a chat room, its a serious discussion forum...though we do like to have our funny lighter moments too :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

We made up a framework in the fanfiction section to help give better reviews. Most people don't bother to use it but some people took it on board. How about making up one for this section or specifically asking people which they think were the favouroites of your work and why? which ones could you improve and why? Just a suggestion but maybe some specific questions might help people give more detailed answers and if a few people start doing it more will follow and spamming will drop naturally as a result.

That's a good idea, Skykat. I try to be creative in my comments when commenting on peoples work but occasionally I do opt for the 'They are all good' or 'I like #1'. It definitely helps me with my work if I know which ones people like and what techniques work well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to add one thing about spamming. I guess it wouldn't be considered spamming like off-topic talk would, but it annoys me a lot when people start new threads all the time. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not saying you can't start a new thread after asking a mod to delete the old one. But it really gets annoying when people wants to start a new thread whenever they get a new editing software or they have started making a new kind of graphics etc.

Some of the threads are closed before they have reached five pages because the starter wants a new one. Am I the only one annoyed by this?

I suppose you can get annoyed by so many threads for one person. If you want a new thread for reasons that are sensible then people can do this. I now one person started 4 threads because they couldn't find their old ones and thought they had been deleted. I know of another person who started a new thread because they were not happy with their old one. People should just be sensible about it. This is not spamming but it certainly is stupid.

Archived