Reviving Ramsay Street spoiler news

Guest simmins

So hes realised that family is the heart of neighbours eh? Well then why couldnt he had realised that when he took H&A for a drive and crashed it into the bermuda triangle, luckily its now recovering.

He said in a uk magazine last year that the helicopter crash would be the biggest and best disaster ever to hit summer bay...............need I say more

I don't think they will axed the Legand Paul Robinson.

I think the show needs to be reintroduce the neighbourly aspects back to Ramsay Street like in the 80's.

I don't think TPTB were relying heavily on Legendary actress Rowena Wallence to bring up the viewing figures, as ever since Madge Bishop the show has lack appealing to the older (female) generation, and I think Rowena role was to fill that gap.

There are strong rumours suggesting that Hilary Robinson and Gail Robinson are to return, Hilary Robinson will return to keep Paul and Elle Robinson in line, and stop with there evil antics.

TBH, I don't think the TPTB decide if a couple is going to be a super couple or not, the audience decides that.

I think we he means was that scirpwriter have the ability to characters that we love and care for, like with Scott and Charlene Robinson, Harold and Madge Bishop, Sky and Dylan, and Neighbours golden couple Karl and Susan Kennedy, also remeber Izzy and Karl? he was saying that it is possible to make a couple much loved by the audience.

I agree with the comment about the helicopter crash bearing in mind we had just had Zoe's Clamity 4 episodes earlier i was really excited but when i saw the episode i thought what complete crap, No action seeing them on board no shot of the helicopter just 16 episodes of boredom waiting for Amandas pathetic psychic bond to enable a rescue. I have a nasty feeling he will shove neighbours even further downhill.Dont get me wrong bringing in Rowena Wallace and possibly some old faces is a good idea in theory.

Paul Robinson is nothing like he used to be it's as if he went away had a personality transplant and came back. Neighbours has changed alot since Helen Daniels had Madge Ramsay in for Coffee, And Dorothy Burke had a feud with Madge, and Madge had an argument With Jim about leaves in a pool.

Trivial and boring as that sounded it was realistic and entertaining teatime tv i hope he does a good job but im sceptical

Paul Robinson isn't going anywhere but it seems they're going to be repurposing the character according to the interview. These latest hallucinations etc he's been having are probably to do with that.

There are no rumours anywhere about Hilary Robinson returning so I don't know what that's all about, Simmins. Gail is returning though for a guest stint later in the year along with a couple of others.

I don't think the show's lost it completely and I think it's disingenuous for all the blame to be laid upon the storylines as from what I've heard, it's Ten that insist on some of the more bizarre moves such as keeping Ned and Carmella, axing the Bishops and turning Paul into a supervillain. But I guess a bit of spin is necessary to get people back and as per usual it's easiest to lay blame at the writers' door. :lol:

Everything I've heard about the changes is a positive move. I really think there are some strong links in the show at the moment and more heart (unlike 2005-2006) and things like the Pepper/Rosie kiss were not out of place in the show. It was Ten's cynical over-advertising of a small, interesting moment that made that flop. Frazer/Rosie/Pepper work as a new unit and for the most part, I don't think there's any more emphasis on looks currently than there ever has been bar Ned and Carmella. Toadie/Steph are awful but they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon and what I've heard of the new family is promising.

If the show can get back to what it was in 2004, I'd be happy. A lot of heart with the Karl/Susan story, a little suburban camp with Izzy and more balance. I know a lot of detractors (at least in the UK) feel the need to write off the show having watched in the 80s and maybe caught all of half an episode in 2002 but the foundations are there to turn it around.

Id like them to give Paul more of a personality – he has turned some one dimensional because they haven’t shown us a sense of his real feelings – they did touch on them when he first arrived though when he had that flashback of saying goodbye to Helen outside the house – and then when he fell in love with Lil and told her she reminded him of his gran.

Paul and Helen were really close, he always was when it came to his family and its hard to believe he is the same person – his real personalty is in there behind this defensive insanity – I hope they focus on brining some of that back.

I'm looking forward to the changes, its definitely time to go back to basics - I hope they change the music too - I doubt they'd go back to the filmic music of the early days, but I liked the music they used mid-90's up until 2003...they guitar ones, they were more emotional.

I think Helen and Jim would be ashamed of Paul if they were still alive considering he is pulling his daughter into his world, He was never mr perfect he had his affairs even back then like with the twins and gail but he wasnt a madman blowing up vans and winding harold bishop up to the point he strangled him because he was so nasty his son wanted him dead.

So hes realised that family is the heart of neighbours eh? Well then why couldnt he had realised that when he took H&A for a drive and crashed it into the bermuda triangle, luckily its now recovering.

He said in a uk magazine last year that the helicopter crash would be the biggest and best disaster ever to hit summer bay...............need I say more

I agree I wasn't keen on all that stuff he brought to the show, but I don't think the first part of your post is fair. Dan B returned Home and Away to its roots in many ways.

I really hoped the introduction of younger characters, such as Rosie, Pepper, Frazer and Will, would help re-vitalise the show. My favourite era of Neighbours was 2001-2003, and a lot of that time storylines were centered around relationships, such as the Flick/Marc/Steph saga, and the Nina/Jack/Taj/Lori palava. Still, they were good storylines. A family is always good, but the same thing happens that after a few years, the older characters, i.e. the parents, have little to do other than comment on other storylines.

I certainly think a family is important, but I think it's more important to keep the characters and the storylines moving.

I suppose you're right ste, especially with the Sally aspect of the show, I just didnt like the over sensationalised disaster storylines which resulted in.......nothing!

I think also the drama and disaster wasn't bad in itself, it was the fact that nothing was done with the drama. Everyone recovered in two episodes and onto the next event. Disasters and such are good opportunites to explore and develop the characters, see how they react to other characters' plight, show another side to the character, open up new storylines with everyone's reactions....

Home and Away did very little with a lot of these dramas, and I think that's where it went wrong. More storylines like Matilda's burns from the explosion would be good, as this developed her character a lot, and the writers could have done more with the other characters after this. This event affected the whole cast basically, yet only the Bakers, Rachel, Cassie/Ric/Macca and Matilda were really affected by it.

Anyway sorry, that was little off-topic.

Archived