Another Chance for Happiness

Guest Zetti

Was going to update before but I was too upset to so I am now, this is dedicated to my sis who made me feel better, Love ya sis!

Chapter 21

Martha knocked on the door and Jack opened it and as he saw Martha, he made to close it but Martha begged him not to as she needed to talk to him about Emma.

"What about Emma?"

"She is seriously ill and they say she will die soon and she wants to see you, she is in a hospital about 10 minutes from here"

"Ok lets go" with tears springing to his eyes

Lucas texted Martha

She has detoriated, hurry up xxx

"What?"

"She has got worse"

Jack arrived at the hospital and was left alone with Emma, she was really happy but Jack was crying.

"Dad dont cry, I am dying and I should be crying"

Jack picked her up and lay her on the bed next to him and stroked her hair "I missed you princess"

"I missed you as well"

"Hmm, go to sleep darling"

"Daddd"

"Yes?"

"Why cant you and mum get together?"

"Its complicated"

"Oh" she said as she fell asleep

That night, the doctor came to see them and said that "Sorry but Emma has about 1 hour to live"

Jack cried and so did Martha, they walked in together to see Emma.

They stayed with her and then she peacefully passed away.

Next Chapter: Jack struggles to deal with it

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22

The doctor walked and proceeded to turn the machines off when there was a faint sound of wheezing,

Jack heard it and looked over at the bed as he saw Emma’s hand twitch just a small bit.

“Whats going on?” Jack asked the doctor

“It looks like she hasn’t fully passed away”

“So whats going to happen?”

“I have to do tests but it looks like she will pull through”

“Oh My God” Martha laughed and jumped into Jacks arms. His arms went all around her as he soaked her up. He did miss her even though she hurt him.

Rachel looked wounded but Lucas and she knew that they were meant to be together.

“I have a plan but I need you to help me”

“Ok, go on”

Rachel told him her plan and when she had finished telling him, the doctor came out to see them and said to the four of them.

“She will pull through”

“What about the meningitis?”

“It’s been treated and she will recover”

“Can we see her?”

“Yes but not for long as she needs rest and quiet”

“Thanks”

Later on that night, Jack, Rachel, Martha and Lucas went to a club as Rachel and Lucas decided it would be a good idea.

“Its karaoke”

“I can’t sing” Jack protested as Rachel tried to drag him up with her

“I’ll go”

Rachel and Lucas walked up onto the stage and winked at each other

“This song is for our partners who are too stubborn to know that they want to at least be friends”

Jack and Martha were stunned but looked at each other anyways.

“Did I hear you right cause I thought you said Let's think it over you have been my life and I never planned growing old without you” Lucas sang letting his voice dictate how his body moves

“Shadows bleeding through the light where the love once shined so bright came without a reason

Don't let go on us tonight love's not always black and white haven't I always loved you?” Rachel sang taking Lucas’s hands as she sang

“But when I need you you're almost here and I know that's not enough and when I'm with you I'm close to tears 'cause your only almost here” They sang together holding their words to make it empathise towards the audience and most importantly of all to Jack and Martha who were smiling

“I would change the world if I had a chance oh won't you let me treat me like a child throw your arms around me oh please protect me bruised and battered by your words dazed and shattered now it hurts

haven't I always loved you” Lucas sang as Rachel danced next to him

“But when I need you you're almost here And I know that's not though And when I'm with you I'm close to tears 'cause your only almost here Bruised and battered by your words Dazed and shattered now it hurts Haven't I always loved you” everybody began to join in.

“But when I need you You're almost here Well I never knew how far behind I'd left you And when I hold you your almost here well I'm sorry that I took our love for granted and now I'm with you I'm close to tears 'cause I know I'm almost here only almost here” by this time Rachel was hugging Lucas and they felt all the chemistry in the room pour out into their kiss. Jack saw it but wasn’t bothered because he had his soulmate right next to him

This is for all my JM fans who have never lost their faith and never will. :)

Chapter 23

Lucas and Rachel walked over to Jack and Martha and said “well?”

“You are right, I do love Martha and I was being stubborn”

“Good, Jack?” Rachel said as Lucas walked away from them

“What”

Rachel motioned with her head over to Lucas. “Go talk to him, I will take Martha back to our flat”

“I will see you then” Jack said as he walked up to where Lucas was sat “Hey, Lucas”

“Sorry, I should never have come”

“No, you should have, I lost Martha but now I have her and you have Rachel. I know you care about her and I also know you never meant for what happened. You are only human and we all make mistakes”

“So you forgive me then”

“Yes I do but promise me one thing?”

“Look after Rachel, shes been through a lot”

“I will Jack. You can count on it”

“Good”

“Are you going to move back to summer bay?”

“Yes I am as long as Emma is ok to travel”

They walked back to Martha and Rachel and Rachel gave Jack the ring but Jack said “Keep it, I don’t need it, I already have a wife and I love her”

“Ok, are you sure you are ok with me and Lucas”

“Yes, I know Lucas will treat you right”

“How”

“Hes a mini version of me”

“Oh no Rachel another egoistical man!”

“Hey, I don’t have a big ego”

“You do and you are cocky”

“Cocky moi! You must be joking!”

Martha and Rachel raised their eyebrows

“Ok I am a teeny weenie bit cocky”

They raised their eyebrows a bit more

“Ok Ok I am the cockiest man ever”

“Yes he is but I love him for it” Martha grinned as she played with Jacks shirt

Jack’s phone rang and when Jack hung up his face was crestfallen with a mixture of fear and anger.

Next Chapter: Who was on the phone?

Chapter 24

“What?” Martha said a bit scared

“Dad, he is ill and Beth just found out”

“What’s wrong with him?”Lucas said frantic

“They don’t know yet or something”

“I need to fly over there now” Jack said “Martha, can you stay here with Emma while me and Lucas go back to summer bay”

“Yes, but where am I going to stay?”

“With me” Rachel said

“Thanks” she said smiling at her.

Jack took Martha off to a corner and said to her “I really don’t want to leave you but I have to so please look after Emma and tell her I will come back as soon as I can”

“Heyyyy, don’t cry, I know and I will be here waiting for you as I love you”

Jack kissed her in a meaningful way and they were there for what seemed to be an eternity, there seemed to be nothing else there with them just them and the kiss that lasted for a couple of moments later.

“Jack, come on, I just booked us places on a flight tonight and I have to pack as well”

“Ok mate I will be there in a sec” staring into Martha’s eyes.

“Im sorry I have to go”

“Yes I know come back soon”

“You can bet on it”

Jack led Martha outside and got into the taxi to take him and Lucas to the airport as the flight had been brought forward.

“bye”

Lucas kissed Rachel and got into the car. Martha and Rachel got into her car and went home as it was late.

12 hours later, Jack and Lucas landed in Summer Bay, they went to the hospital and Tony braced them for the news.

“I have Huntingdon’s disease”

“Really, that’s hereditary isn’t it?”

“Yes, so you need to be tested as does Emma”

“Oh God, I need to ring Martha”

“Ok, tell her to bring Emma over here for the test as soon as Emma is fit enough to travel”

“I will be back soon”

Jack went and rang Martha “Emma’s fine I will come back on the first plane available”

“I love you”

“Me too Jack”

Martha arrived in Summer Bay as Jack and Lucas were waiting for the test to be carried out. They wanted to do it with Emma as well.

“Ok Jack Holden we are ready for you”

Jack braced himself as he walked into the treatment room, next was Emma and Lucas together.

“So when do we get the results?”

“3-4 days depending on the backflow of the lab”

Rachel was in the diner with Lucas who was very distant but she wasn’t upset she knew he needed support and she was there for him to lean on.

“Do you want anything?” She asked

“No thanks I need to go to the beach on relax on my own”

“Ok, I will be ok”

“Yes I will look after her” Jack said as he came in on his own from a run

“Thanks Jack”

Jack sat down “are you ok” she asked him

“You mean about the results?”

“Yes, I don’t know how to talk about it to Lucas, hes shutting me out, I know he has to deal with it but I want him to use me as something to help him”

“I know Lucas and he’s not been lucky with girls and he needs time to adjust to the fact that he may have a disease that could take his life away”

“What about you?”

“I’m ok, I have Martha and Emma and Lucas and you and my dad and I have said and too many time” he laughed

She laughed back feeling at ease. Lucas rang Jack “The results are in, they wants us there now”

“Ok I will be there ASAP”

Jack hung and told Rachel they went to the hospital and they walked into a room where the doctor held a piece of paper that could change their life forever.

Next Chapter: What is on the piece of paper? A new character comes into the bay.

Surprise Surprise :P I am now updating

Chapter 25

Martha held Emma in her arms as Jack sat next to her. Dr Green said “these results are as flowing. Lucas Holden is positive”

Lucas sighed in relief. “Jack Holden is negative”

Jack let Martha’s hand go but stay sat down as the doctor said “Emma Holden is negative also.”

Jack told Martha to take Emma to the canteen while he and Lucas talked to the doctor. Jack was there to support him even after all they had been through with Martha and how lucas betrayed Jack.

“So what now?” Lucas asked the doctor

“Well, as you know there is no cure for it but we can offer you counseling to help you”

“No, I meant, when will the disease take hold”

“There’s no way of knowing”

“So I have to wait to find out when I am going to die”

“Im sorry”

“Yet me too”

“Look Lucas, it will be ok, you are ok now”

“Yes I am”

Lucas was grateful to be healthy but he knew he needed to break ties with his family so it would be less painful for them. First on his list was Rachel, she didn’t deserve to be happy then to lose him and then it was his family.

He left the hospital and went to see Rachel in Yabbie Creek Café. He saw her sat down with her back to the window.

“Hey Luc, are you ok” Rachel asked

“I need to talk to you”

She studied his face and said to him “Let me guess, your going to dump me so I hate you and when you die it wont make a difference because I already hate you. I heard it all before. My ex did it to me and I lost him but I am not going to lose you just because you are stubborn.”

“Sorry but its better if we are not together”

“Better for who” she spat back at him in frustration

“You so you can have a full life with someone who is capable of looking after you”

“Yes well I want you and I love you”

Lucas was too stunned “We have only been going out for 4 weeks”

“Love works in mysterious ways”

“Yes and another thing I think I’m pregnant but we aren’t together so it doesn’t matter”

Rachel stood up and walked away while Lucas comprehended that he could be a father. Lucas went home and saw a sobbing Rachel on the sofa. He ran to her and asked her what was wrong She told him “I told Jack that he could be the father and he lost it with me”

“I will talk to him, I promise”

“Why, you don’t want me”

“I do but I can’t say I love you just yet”

“I know you cant”

Next Chapter: Lucas talks to Jack. Rachel finds out whether she is pregnant or not

This is my last chapter ever!!!

You wont like it, I can guarantee that :P

Chapter 26

Jack was in his room with Martha trying to figure out how he was going to tell her that Rachel could be pregnant with his baby so he ended up saying to himself ‘I will wait till I know for definite that she is pregnant then tackle Martha’

“You got something on your mind haven’t you?”

“Yes I do, Jack I need to tell you something and you wont be happy about it”

“I have something to tell you as well”

“Whats that?”

“Im pregnant and its Lucas’s”

“Oh My God, its so ironic”

“How is it ironic?”

“Rachel could be pregnant”

“Its like fate telling us we are not destined to be together” Martha said

For once in his life he agreed with her and was devasted that his relationship with Martha was close to being over.

“I need to find out whether she is pregnant first”

“Yes then we will talk”

Rachel at that point was taking a pregnancy test at the hospital and wasn’t sure how to react if she was pregnant, She wanted a baby but not by Jack as it meant he would hurt Martha as well.

“So am I pregnant?” she asked nervously to the doctor

“Yes you are, you are 2 months gone”

“Oh My God”

“I will book you in for a scan”

Rachel rang Jack to tell him and he said he was on his way for the scan as soon as he could get there.

Martha sat on the chair and watched Jack walk away from her and into Rachels life. She decided there and then to leave Jack and let him live his life with Rachel and his unborn baby.

She packed her bags, called a taxi and left the bay forever.

Jack arrived home and saw Martha’s note and instantly tried to find out where she had gone. He didn’t want to lose her even if she was having Lucas’s baby. He loved her.

2 months later

Martha contacted Jack and told him to stay out of his life. She filed for divorce and Jack gave up on finding her.

Jack and Martha never saw each other from that day forward.

Comments

Archived