Another Chance for Happiness

Guest Zetti

A update! Finally :)

Thanks to Laineyloo for the inspiration for the chapter

Chapter 11

Jacks POV

I really don’t know how to react and its annoying me. It kinds of scares me to know that, But one thing I do know, Emma is mine and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love her and Martha and I know we will be ok.

Martha POV

It’s weird but after the outburst in the hospital I am actually really calm. I can actually look to the future with Jack and Emma. Emma is still precious to me regardless.

7 years later

Jack was in the kitchen talking to Emma very secretly while Martha came in with her hands full of groceries.

She was incredibly tired so Jack picked everything up out of her hands and put it down on the table. Emma went outside to play with Ella. Ella was Robbie and Tasha’s daughter and Emma was great friends with her.

Martha sat down and Jack sat down next to her and took her in his arms. She let her head fall on top of Jack’s chest while Jack held her.

“So what were you and Emma talking about?”

“Nothing much, just general chat”

“Ok” feeling so tired that she didn’t bother to question him any further.

Jack and Martha sat in that very comfortable for so long that Jack fell asleep. Martha’s phone beeped Hey want to meet? xxx

Martha texted back yes, will meet you at Yabbie Creek Café in 1 hour and she sent it as jack woke up.

“Hey!”

“Hey” she said smiling a forced smile.

“What’s up?”

“Oh, Rach texted me to ask if I would go around for a girly chat”

“Go”

Martha picked up her phone and rang it out, someone answered and she said “will meet you there in 15 minutes”

“OK I miss you” he said

“Same here”

They hung up and Martha left the house and said bye to Emma.

Next Chapter: What’s Martha secret? Someone finds out that they can’t have kids.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

Martha arrived at Yabbie Creek Café and waited for him to turn up, her phone beeped. “Meet me in The Hotel around the corner xxx”

She got up from her table and made her way to the hotel. She met him there. “Hey”

“I got us a room”

“Ok lets go” holding onto his hand

They got into the room and started to kiss and fell onto the bed. Before they went too far, Martha texted Jack am with Kayla from school will be late give my love to Emma xxx

They resumed their kissing, raining his kisses on Martha. The kisses were soft and silky while Jacks were hard and decisive. She undid his shirt buttons and they ended in bed.

1 hour later

She had her head on his chest as he stroked her hair and had his hands wrapped around her. “I love being with you” Martha told him

“I love you full stop”

“I know, I love you too”

“We have to tell Jack as well”

“We do” she agreed “but let’s just enjoy the time we have together first and then worrying about telling Jack”

“Ok” as his mouth met hers again and he kissed with a lot of passion

“I thought we had to go” as she began to melt into his embrace

“We do” as he kissed her passionately

1 hour later

Martha arrived back home to see Jack on the sofa asleep obviously waiting for her. She got a blanket and lies next to him and fell asleep.

The next day Martha was woken up by the doorbell ringing and she woke herself up properly to answer it. She opened the door and was shocked to see Sam there literally in tears. Her eyes were red from tears and she asked through her tears “Can I talk to you?”

“Yes, come in what’s the matter”

Jack walked in but then realized something was going on and backed out of the room so Martha and Sam could talk properly.

“I need you to promise you will not tell anyone what I am about to tell you”

“I promise”

“Ok, you know how Ash and I are trying for a baby”

“Yes, what about it”

“Well I just found out, I cant have kids”

“Oh”

“Ash will definitely leave me”

“He won’t as long as you are upfront with him and you don’t lie to him”

“It’s not that easy”

“I never said it would be easy but its all you can do at the moment”

“I know thank you” meaning it from the bottom of her heart. Over the past few years Sam and Martha had grown to be good friends and have mutual respect for each other.

“I am going to go and see Ash”

“Good, if you need to talk to me about it, ring me on my mobile”

“Ok I will”

Next Chapter: Sam tells Ash

Sorry I havent updated. I was revising for a oral which I have on thursday :(

Thanks guys for the replies. :) I know that you wil hate me after this chapter :(

Chapter 13

Sam left the house and went to see Ash. She walked the mile to the police station and walked inside, she spotted Ash and walked up to him.

“Can we talk?”

“I have a break now, so yeah” leading her into the interview room

“What’s wrong baby?” taking her into his arms.

“I went to the hospital today”

“What? Are you ok?”

“Yes I am fine but I found out something” she paused not sure how to continue

“I found out that.... Im infertile” then she broke down into tears and Ash was stunned at the news, especially as they were trying for a baby.

Ash held her and said “it will be ok”

“So you aren’t leaving me”

“No, I am not, regardless of whether you can have kids, I will still love you”

“Ok”

Jack and Martha were in the living room and Emma walked in accompanied by Lucas, Emma went up to Jack and said “you promised me that we could go to the beach”

“Yes we can” turning to Martha “you want to come?”

“No, I will just sit here and watch TV and chat to Lucas”

Jack nodded as he walked out of the room and took Emma to the beach, Lucas sat next to Martha and said “we have to tell him soon”

“I know, but I have Emma to think about”

“I know, but I cant keep it a secret for much longer”

“Ok we will tell as soon as possible”

“Good” as he bent down to kiss her

“Don’t” she giggled as he led her through to the bedroom

“He won’t be back for ages”

Martha didn’t respond as she undid his shirt and took his jeans off as they landed on the bed; Lucas continued kissing her and slowly took off her dress.

They ended up in bed and 1 hour later, the door to the house opened causing them to jump, they got dressed and hurriedly left the bedroom.

“Martha!”

“I’m here”

“Where’s Lucas?”

“Here”

“Where did you go?”

“Just to the toilet”

He walked to the door and before he left, he looked at Martha and winked at her. Martha just smiled at him before going to check on Emma.

Next Chapter:Sam and Ash's lives are left hanging in an accident.

Next chapter here! Another update after this should be on 18th May when I officially leave school to revise :lol:

Thankies guys! cant believe how much I have missed bttb :( Back now :)

Rach! I hate Martha as well for a weird demented reason!

Chapter 14

Lucas and Martha were walking on the beach talking about how they were going to tell Jack about their illicit affair.

“We have to break it to him slowly”

“Why it will hurt him however we do it”

“He doesn’t deserve to be hurt”

“He’s got you trapped in a relationship that you don’t want to be in”

“I m not trapped but I have Emma to look after”

“Ok”

Jack had just come home from work and he saw them lying next to the boats and they were kissing before they broke away and just sat here so if someone saw them they would look like they were talking generally

He felt like a knife had stabbed him in the heart as he deflated into the sand where all he could think of was how could Martha do this to him especially when he wanted to propose to her. He got the ring out of his pocket and looked at it and then got himself together. He waited till they went into the surf club and then he followed them with his fists clenched and determined to hurt them.

As he walked into the surf club his phone rang, it was Ash asking if he wanted to go out, Jack declined and retreated into the surf club, he saw Lucas sat down but Martha wasn’t there as she had gone home to meet Rachel who was looking after Emma.

Jack greeted Lucas and they had a normal conversation with Lucas having no idea what Jack was planning for him and how he was in so much danger, not physically but emotionally and how he was about to have his whole life ruined not to mention that he was going to lose Martha.

It wasn’t fair, he’d lost almost all the people he loved already. His mother at age 9, his mate in a hostage situation and now he was faced with losing his wife all because she decided to deliberately hurt him with his brother of all people. She slept with Ash and now Lucas, he knew that it was the end of their relationship but he was determined to hurt her before she realised that he knew.

“Well I have to go and get Martha for an appointment at the hospital, but before I do that, do you know why she is being so secretive?”

Lucas was a bit wary of the question “No I don’t sorry”

“Don’t worry about it” Jack said with all the politeness he could muster

Jack walked out and went to meet Martha and Emma.

Martha was in the lounge when Jack came in and Emma was in the bedroom playing eith her dollhouse waiting for Jack.

“Emma, come on, we’re going now” Jack called out

“Coming” she shouted

Jack picked Emma up and led her to the car while Martha following not sure why Jack had blanked her.

When they were in the car Martha asked him “what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just tired” and he kissed on the cheek to reassure her

They arrived at the hospital and Jack saw Ash being wheeled in and Martha gasped,

Next Chapter: Ash reveals what happened to him.

This chapter will reveal that Ash is injured and Sam is ok and then the next chapter will tell us how it happened like a flashback and will bring in a new character in chapter 15.

Rate please like if I have improved or not please.!

This chapter is for Elaine as she desperately wants a update!

Chapter 15

Jack was sat with Ash as he came around from the sedative they gave him to stop hin from fitting in the theatre room.

Ash came around and he fluttered his eyes opened and squeezed Jacks hand in the process, Jack called out for Rachel who came in to check Ash out while Jack stepped out of the room to collect his thoughts and to relax himself if he was to exact his revenge on Martha and Lucas.

His fists clenched when he thought of how they have betrayed him and how he would make sure Martha would lose everything she treasured including Emma.

He would need Ash’s help as he was the only one he could trust to help him without question.

Jack walked back into the room and sat with Ash while Rachel was prepping herself to take Sam into theatre.

“Chooka, glad you are ok mate”

“So am I”

“What Happened?”

Ash took a deep breath and told Jack

Flashback

They were driving along the country road talking about how Sam was infertile and what they were going to do about it. They discussed that there may be other options such as I.V.F or adoption.

A car from the right side of the unused warehouse sped out and dove straight into them. The car smacked straight into them and Sam felt the force of the car hit them and Ash was thrown forward and straight away lost conscious while Sam had her body in turmoil.

She had injured her ankle so she could not walk very well. She heard Ash grumble and mumble and tried to slide over to help him get free but she found herself trapped again somehow. By this time the driver was at the car.

The other driver got out and ran towards the car towards the car even though it was a 30 second walk to the car. He threw the car door open and pulled Sam out and checked her

Once he was satisfied that she was ok, he helped Ash out and he got him before the car exploded from the leaking petrol.

He greeted them as Cameron Reynolds as he rang for an ambulance. Sam had drifted back into unconsciousness and was losing control of her own body and mind.

End of flashback

“So are you ok then?”

“Yep”

“Good” as they each shared a smile.

Next chapter: Ash and Sam receive some news

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry its been so long I forgot about this fic. Dedicated to Rach because she is feeling low after her presentation. Love you Hun :D

Chapter 16 :)

Jack talked to Ash about anything but Sam. Sam at that moment was in theatre and they didn’t know whether or not she would survive.

Ash unfortunately for Jack ending up asking him where Sam was and if she was ok as he hadn’t seen her since she was in the ambulance.

When Jack didn’t respond Ash felt his insides tighten with immense fear as he said with gritted teeth “tell me”.

“I will tell Rachel to come and talk to you”

“No” he said as he cringed in pain

“Don’t strain yourself I will tell you”

“Good”

“Sam at the moment is in theatre and they don’t know whether she will survive or not”

“Oh”

Sam had been though so much with losing Rory to Shane especially as Shane vowed she would never see him again.

Sam was wheeled in a room while she came around from the sedative she was given during was wearing off.

Ash was helped in by Jack and was sat down on a chair in reach of Sam’s hand. Jack began to leave but stopped as Ash began to break down.

“What’s wrong?”

“I can’t lose her; she’s the best thing that has ever happened to me”

“She is a strong woman, she coped when she lost Rory and she will survive and do you know why?”

“No Why?”

“Because she has you to live for”

Ash smiled “Thanks Jack”

“Anytime mate”

Ash felt a bit guilty as he knew about Martha and Lucas and Jack had welcomed back him into his life after how badly he hurt Martha.

“Jack, I have to talk to you”

“Ok, what is it?”

“You will probably hate me when I tell you but I know I have to tell you”

“Ok, go on”

“I witnessed something a few weeks back, I was working and I was called to a hotel and as I left the hotel room where I was I saw Martha and….”

“and Lucas”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“I saw them kissing”

“What are you going to do?”

“I am going to exact my revenge”

“How?”

“I will tell you but I need your help”

“I will help you”

“Good”

Sam came around from the sedative and Ash was by her side.

Rachel came in and said to Sam “ I need to talk to you Sam”

“You can tell me with Ash here”

“Ok, I took an extensive test while you were in theatre and I discovered something in your notes”

“Recently you were told that you were infertile?”

“Yeh I was, why”

“I found out that you are pregnant”

“Really”

“Yeah”

“Thankies”

Everyone is not going to like this chapter, well all I can say is Martha had it coming. This chapter is for my JM crew and all the peeps who talk to me on MSN. You know who you are.

Well anyways heres my chapter.

Chapter 17

“Jack I did what you wanted me to do”

“Good”

Jacks plan was coming together and he was even more determined to expose Martha and Lucas and what better way to do it than at Martha’s birthday, her 23rd birthday.

“Are you going to do it?”

“Yes I am”

“Ok”

“I have to or it will tear me up”

“Ok, as long as you are sure”

“I am”

“See you tonight then”

Jack went home and got ready for what was going to be a life changing evening.

The party was in full swing and Jack was ready to give Martha her surprise.

“Hey everyone, I want to welcome you here to celebrate my wife’s birthday”

“The surprise is a video I made for her”

He turned the tv and made Martha watch it. Martha felt so defeated inside that she closed her eyes but she could still hear it.

Everyone was stood shocked and Jack turned it off.

“I did this because Martha had the gall to complain to me about flirting when she was shagging my brother behind my back”

“Mate, we didn’t mean for this to happen”

“DON’T TALK TO ME I HAVE NO BROTHER” he shouted

“Jack” Martha feebly started

“Don’t, I can’t believe you, we were happy and I love you, more than anything and that’s why I am going to let Emma choose who she stays with because I have decided to move to England”

Emma came in with Tony who had been listening and she said “I cant choose, its too hard”

“Hey darling come here” Jack said to her

“Yes Dad”

“Do you want to stay here or move to England?”

“I want to stay here with Mummy”

“Ok, you can stay here”

Jack stood up and began to cry as he ran from the room trying to cope with the fact that he had lost his child as well as his wife.

Martha went after him and kissed him spontaneously. Jack was so taken aback that he didn’t resist but when he remember the video of them together he pulled away and said “I will never see you again after I walk away as my flight is in two hours”

“Bye” he said with a hint of sadness

“Please don’t”

“I have to , I hate you and I love you at the same time”

Next Chapter: Jack arrives in England.

There is one new character in this fic and one returning character. New character is Rachel aka vale4eva.

Returning character is Beth Hunter.

Enjoy (hopefully)

Chapter 18

Jack arrived in Heathrow airport listening to the sound of the English chatter as they went about their daily and normal routine.

He picked up his bags and made his way out to the car park where he said he would meet Beth, she was living her and said Jack could stay with her if he wanted to.

Jack waited for a few minutes in shelter as thunderstorms and rain hit London and it made the whole car park feel small and timid under the pressure of the lighting storm.

“Jack its good to see you” Beth greeted him with a smile flowed by a hug

”You too I see life’s been good to you”

“I really am sorry about Martha”

“Its fine, I needed a break”

“Well you have come to the right place for it”

“Lets go to my flat so we can unwind”

“Lets go,” he agreed

2 weeks later

Jack had settled into the flat and had made a new friend. She was called Rachel and she had just come out of a steady relationship and didn’t want to rush straight into another one. Jack didn’t want another relationship at the moment anyways so it made things easier between them.

They opened up to each other about the pas and Jack realise she was hiding something. He was determined to find out what it was as he cared about her a lot.

“Beth, I am off to meet Rachel, I’ll see you later”

“I am off out soon but if you need me I will be on my mobile”

“Thanks”

Jack walked the couple of miles to Rachel’s it was a long trek but he didn’t mind as he needed the fresh air and exercise.

He got to Rachel’s house and he heard a commotion brewing up inside. He approached the door and found it open. He heard Rachel scream and ran to see what was going on.

Rachel was sat down shaken but not badly injured, the intruder had ran off and Jack knew he was long gone.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes I am fine, you saved me”

“I didn’t do much”

“Don’t be modest, you did”

They shared a smile as their friendship became even stronger than it was before the accident with the intruder.

Next Chapter: Rachel opens up to Jack

Chapter 19

“Will you please tell me whats going on?”

“What do you mean Jack?”

“I know you are hiding something”

“I am not”

“Don’t play games”

“Look its nothing to do with you”

“I might be able to help”

“You won’t”

He gave her a look and then backed off “Fine, but I care about you”

“Really”

“Yes”

“Ok I will tell you but when Im ready ok?”

“Yes as long as you know that you can talk to me”

“I know”

3 months later

Jack had finally plucked the courage up to ask Rachel out to the dance at the local club, they had been going steady as Rachel had told him her secret and Jack had helped her through it and as a result they got closer together.

“Rach?”

“Yes Jack”

“Do you want to come to the dance tonight?”

“Yes!” her face lit up as Jack pulled her in for a kiss

Later on that night, Jack pulled something out of his pocket, looked at it and smiled and thought to himself ‘This is so right’

“Rachel, I have a question to ask you”

“What?”

“Wait and find out”

“Can Jack Holden come to the stage”

Jack stood up and walked up to the stage. “I have a question to ask to the woman I love, Rachel will you marry me?”

Rachel gasped, she hadn’t been expecting this

Next Chapter: Will Rach accept?

Warning Sexual Content :P

Thanks Tash, Kacie and Paris

Chapter 20

"I will marry you"

Jack beamed and jumped off the stage and ran to Rachel and gave her a full on kiss.

"Lets go home" he wriggled his eyes suggestively

"Ok then tiger lets go" she grinned

They went home and Jack pulled Rachel in for a kiss and she pulled his shirt and led him to the sofa.He kissed her on the neck while Rachel pulled his pants off.

He let her go on to the bed and as he did, he undressed her slowly, item by item and when he had undressed.He was undressed himself.

He pushed himself inside her and pulled back slightly.

Rachel moaned as it was pleasurable torture and she kissed him back even more passionately.

They fell asleep not aware of the calm before storm was to hit them.

Martha was in the club that night when Jack proposed and she was gobsmacked especially as the news she had to tell him was going to shock him and probably ruin his engagement.

'i have to do this' she thought to herself

She found out where Jack lived via Beth and the following morning she walked there to see him

She knocked on the door tentatively and Rachel opened it "Can I help you?"

"Is Jack Holden in?"

"No, hes gone to the gym"

"Oh Thanks"

"Can I ask why?"

"I need to talk to him"

"I can give him a message if you want"

"Yes tell him Marthas in town and to ring me as soon as he can"

"What number?"

Martha scribbled her number down and gave it to Rach

"I will give it to him"

She beamed and bade her goodbye

Jack returned home and Rach gave him the message and the number. He was surpised and managed to hide it from Rachel

He waited till Rachel had gone to work and then he rang her telling her to leave him alone.

Next Chapter: Martha comes to the flat again.

Archived