This Is My Time

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Chapter Six.

“Open the door, please.” Jack said, knocking on Lucas’ door “Come on dude answer me.” He stood firmly, not budging, he was prepared to wait, which was something that normally had to happen with Lucas.

“No luck?” Belle asked him, standing beside him.

“No, absolutely none at all. I mean, he can’t let this affect him. It’s just Petra, but he’s always held a grudge against him.” He said with a sigh.

Tony appeared in the doorway, looking grimly at Jack, then knocked hard on the door “Luc, mate, you need to come out. There is something big we need to talk about, and we need you out here to discuss it.” He said finally.

-----

“Thanks for joining us Lucas.” Tony said, nodding to his youngest son “Right, now you’re all here basically because you’re connected to this family. Belle, you’re Lucas’ girlfriend, and Martha, you’re Jack’s ex-wife and Katie’s mother. Now, there is something you need to know.” He said “After Lucas was born, Petra fell pregnant and had another baby. And, sure enough, now she’s 17 turning 18 soon. She doesn’t know either of you, except she was told that you boys existed. She knows, and she’s on her way to see you. She’s been raised by your mother these past seventeen years. Your mother named her Charlie, a name that apparently suits her.”

“Her name is Charlie, after my deceased mother, Jack you should remember grandma.” Petra broke into the conversation “And as I was the first to have a daughter, it was accepted that I rename my daughter Charlie. It’s a tradition, in my household, to name a newborn, the first newborn, after the deceased relative. Lucas, you’re named after my father, Lucas John.” She nodded to him.

“So you’re telling me that I have a sister I don’t know? Both of you are actually?” Jack said, his voice rising.

“Look, mate, we just decided to raise you our separated ways, without each butting into the other’s parenting.” Tony tried to calm him.

“Just don’t!” Jack yelled, rushing out.

Martha hesitated, handing Katie to Belle, then quickly hurried out after him “Jack!” She screamed, running fast to catch him. She slowed, she couldn’t catch him. She sighed, quickening her pace.

-----

“I’ve been looking for you for ages.” Martha said softly, kneeling next to Jack in the sand.

He said nothing, just knelt in the sand, watching the waves come into the shore.

She put her arm around him, just sitting with him “When you want to talk you can.” She said softly, removing her legs from under her, and placing them out in front of her as she sat beside Jack.

“I never knew.” He said suddenly, disturbing the quiet atmosphere.

“About Charlie?” She asked him, looking at him.

“No. And I never guessed.” He said, sighing “I mean what kind of a person doesn’t tell someone that they have a younger sister? I always wanted a little sister, I just did. And now I’ve got one, I’m not sure about anything.” He said, putting his head in his hands.

“I’m sure it’ll get easier in time.” Martha said, trying to calm him down.

“What will, the fact that I’ve missed 17 of her birthdays? The fact she never knew Katie before now, that she missed being an aunt to our child? I mean, I can’t just get over that, and all because of Dad. He took us and we kept on moving, we thought it was because dad never found the perfect house, but now we know it’s because he was running from mum and Charlie as well. And I’ll never get those years of her life back!” He said, squishing the sand through his fingers.

Martha gave him a hug “It’ll get better.” She said, looking at him “I felt like this when I found out about Roo and Brett. But now, I have a good relationship with my mother, all because we both wanted the relationship to work. So you see, even things like this can work out. As long as you try hard and you want it to work, it will.” She told him, giving his hand a squeeze.

“Thank you.” He said “For just being here, for risking getting your head removed.” He said, smiling to her.

“It’s okay. You were my husband and you are helping me heaps at the moment. So, yes, I do want to help you Jack.” She said softly.

“Thanks.” He said to her “But it doesn’t mean I’m talking to Dad or Petra.” He said grimly.

-----

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jack said coldly to Petra. Lucas had already left with Belle, and it was just Tony, Katie, Petra and Beth.

“I’m getting to know my granddaughter.” Petra said slowly.

“I don’t want you knowing her!” He said, gently removing Katie from Petra’s arms “She’s my daughter, and you didn’t tell me about Charlie. You lied to me. Both of you. You all lied!” He said coldly, storming out the door, with Martha following him.

“That went well.” Tony said, glaring at Petra.

“Don’t blame me! You told me to stay out of your life, remember that Tony? You said to leave, and you hated me! So I did as you asked, then tried to track you for my children’s sake!” She fumed, then in turn hurried out.

“This is just fantastic.” Beth muttered, rolling her eyes at them “You realise you just lost your sons both at the one time?” She said, getting off her chair and walking to find Lucas.

-----

“Are you okay?” Martha asked Jack quietly.

“I’ll be alright.” He nodded, watching Katie play with Luc.

“How are you with everything?” Martha asked Belle “It must be hard.” She commented.

“Yeah it’s hard but I can cope.” She said, smiling.

NEXT UPDATE: Charlie’s here.

Archived