This Is My Time

Guest -ParaisGal-

Chapter Four.

“I spoke to your grandfather.” Jack said that night, hanging up the phone and looking at her “He agrees with what we think, that Cam is going to force you into dancing.” He said with a sigh “We need to beat him somehow. I don’t know if there is any way that we can beat him legally, so we’ll have to see how everything happens.” He told her, sitting beside her, looking at her tearstained cheeks “Hey, relax, everything will be okay.” He soothed her, giving her a hug.

“No it won’t. Katie will see her mother as a pole dancer. I only danced occasionally, and now he’ll make me dance full-time. I know it Jack. Nobody recognises me except those who know me, after seeing me on the stage. If I do it full time everyone will know.” She sniffed, putting her head in her hands.

“Maybe we’re jumping the gun a little bit. He can’t force you to dance. I’ve read your contract and while I don’t fully understand contracts, I understand that it doesn’t state that you have to dance. It states that you are part of the bar staff, it doesn’t say you dance. So, we should at least have an argument.” He told her.

“Come on Jack, whose going to stop him making me dance? God why was I so stupid to get involved there in the first place, everyone told me it was a bad idea, but no I had to do it. Even after I had Katie I kept on doing it, and kept on working there!” She said, upset.

“How about your Aunty Morag? Surely she can help, I mean she must have experience with this kind of thing, surely she would be a good person to ask?” He asked her, sitting beside her.

“I stopped talking to Morag after everything with Ash.” She said miserably.

“Maybe we could ask her. Maybe she could help. Maybe it’s time to patch up your relationship with your aunt.” He suggested.

“She hates me. I don’t blame her after everything I said to her. I was a real bitch, and she was only trying to help me. I was so stupid.” She said.

-----

“Thanks for coming.” Alf said to Morag, opening the door to Summer Bay house.

“It’s alright, I’m here to help her. Obviously she needs it.” Morag answered crisply.

“I spoke to Jack after I spoke to you, apparently Martha isn’t keen to ask for your help because she thinks you hate her after everything she said and after everything she’s done.” He explained.

“I don’t care about that anymore. All I care about is getting her out of that place.” She said firmly, putting her bags on the floor “I figured I may as well bring my stuff seeing as I’m here for awhile.” She said calmly.

“Of course, you’re welcome to stay here Morag.” Sally put in, smiling at Morag “I’m glad that you’re here to help us, Martha really needs all the help she can get.” Sally nodded to her.

“I understand. Where is she?” Morag asked.

“She’s at Jack’s place. She’s really upset.” He said.

“I’ll bet she is.” Morag said grimly “I guess we’d better go around there then.” She told him, heading towards the doorway.

-----

“Morag. Come in.” Jack said calmly, opening the door to her.

Martha turned her head around curiously, then seemed surprised and embarrassed, her aunty was here, and the last time they’d met she’s said harsh and uncalled for words.

“Hello Martha.” Morag said kindly to her.

“Hi.” She said softly “Listen, about last time-”

“That is in the past and forgotten. We are here to concentrate on getting you out of this place.” Morag said honestly “I’ve forgotten what you said, and I know it was partially my fault, because I should have let you live your own way.”

“It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have said anything. I’m really sorry.” She told her.

“Alright, it’s okay.” She assured her.

“Okay.” She nodded.

“Right, let’s get this sorted out. Jack has found out that he can’t force you to dance, but knowing Cam he could do anything.” Morag started off “So we need to build up some form of defence. I was faxed a copy of the contract by Alfred, so I know what’s in there and I know he’s done a very good job at making sure you have no way of leaving the club, in turn making your contract cease.” She continued “One method many people have constantly used is the faking sick method, which I’m sure you could use. I’m trying to keep this out of the court as much as possible, to save your reputation. Basically, you will need to often ring up calling in sick or other things. I’m sure Rachel will help by aiding you with doctors certificates, and if we need we can contact the court in order to get things that state he can only ask you to work in the bar, you have no obligation to work as a pole dancer.” She explained to her.

Martha nodded throughout, listening intently “So can I beat this?” She asked her aunt.

“Yes, I believe we can beat this. It won’t necessarily be easy but we can do it.” She nodded to Martha.

“Thanks.” She said gratefully “For everything.” She added.

“You’re very welcome.” She said, hugging her tight, then was distracted by the sound of cries “Do Rachel and Kim have a baby?” She asked them.

Martha glanced at Jack “No, actually. That is mine and Jack’s daughter, Katelyn, more commonly known as Katie.” She explained, before hurrying out of the room and quietly picking her up “Shh sweetie.” She said softly, bringing her out into the main room.

Morag watched as Martha entered the room with a toddler in her arms “How old is she?” She asked her, reaching out for Katie.

“She’s fourteen months.” Martha nodded to her, carefully handing her over to Morag.

“She’s beautiful.” Morag said softly “Is she Ashton or Cameron’s daughter?” She asked.

“She’s Jack’s daughter. The logistics behind it don’t matter.” She said calmly, watching her aunty hold Katie.

“She is certainly beautiful.” Morag commented, smiling at Martha “She’s a beautiful girl.” She said, kissing Katie’s forehead.

NEXT UPDATE: Martha throws her first sick day.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last three chapters were great! :)

I hope the plan of throwing the 'sickies' will work for Martha.

:wub: Jack, Martha and Katie are a sweet, little family. I hope they continue to get closer.

Loving the fic, more soon please!

Chapter Five.

"He wasn't happy." Martha told Rachel two days later, after just having told Cam that Katie was sick and she had to stay at home for her. Jack had already asked that she stay at his place, mainly because he'd be home after work and he wanted to make sure Cam or Cindy didn't hassle her.

"Well, apparently Katie's sick, and here's the certificate if Cam requires one." Rachel said, ripping off a piece of paper for her "Should be okay." She nodded, smiling at Katie "Be good for your mummy sweetheart!" She called to her.

Martha picked Katie up out of her highchair "Alright, you want to watch Carebears?" She asked her, walking towards the TV, and gently placed Katie down in front of it, before switching on the TV and VCR. She got herself a cup of coffee. Rachel had diagnosed Katie with a chest infection, and had even rung Cam himself to say that due to Katie's illness Martha would be off work for at least a week. He was fuming but he knew he had to accept it. She heard a knock at the door, walking over to answer it "Oh hi Tony." She greeted him, letting him inside.

"Hey. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to take your job at Noah's Bar back? I was thinking mainly because although you are still technically employed by Cam, you can still work for other people. What do you say?" He asked her.

"Sure." She smiled at him "I'm grateful you even want me back, after what happened last time." She said with a sigh.

"Let's just forget that, alright?" He told her.

She nodded to him, turning her attention to Katie "She's sick if you see Cam by the way." She told him, smiling "Chest infection. Rachel gave me a certificate so I don't have to go to work." She explained.

"I understand." He said, heading over and sitting beside his only grandchild "Hey Katie." He said softly, letting her crawl into his lap.

Martha sat on the couch, smiling at the pair of them "You get along with her so well." She mused, smiling as she tickled Katie's foot.

-----

"Hello Jack." A voice said calmly, stepping into the police station.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised.

"I'm here to see you and your brother, what's wrong with that?" She asked in a small voice "I am your mother." She told him.

"I know." He said softly.

"I never saw you much either. Except on birthdays and such." She continued.

"I know, I've just been busy that's all." He said, almost uneasily.

"You're shift's over Jack!" Peter called.

"Thanks!" He said, walking off slowly.

"So, you're 26, anything I should know? Married yet?" She asked him.

"I was married, didn't last very long." He answered "But I have a daughter from that marriage, her name is Katelyn, but everyone knows her as Katie." He told her.

"She sounds adorable. What's her mother like?" She asked.

"Martha's amazing. She's a great mother to Katie, and she always tries her best to put Katie first, which is something that everyone thinks is amazing." He told her, smiling "How about we head over to the diner for coffee maybe?" He asked.

"Sure." She said.

-----

"This is my mum, Petra." Jack introduced them.

"Hi." Petra said, smiling at Irene.

"Oh, so you're young Lucas' mother?" Irene asked her "Well, I'll have your coffee over in a jiffy. And since you're Lucas' mum, you might wanna meet his girlfriend. Belle, girlie, get over here!" She told her, watching Belle come over "Belle, meet Petra, Jack and Lucas' mum." She told her "I gotta get back to this, but be good, alright girlie?" She asked, smiling as she walked back to the counter.

"Hi." Belle said, smiling at them both.

"Hi." Petra said, nodding "So you're name is Belle?" She asked.

"Yeah, Belle Taylor." She said, nodding back "Sorry, but I have to get back to work. Nice meeting you." She said, heading back behind the counter.

"She seems nice." Petra said to Jack.

"She's really nice. A nice girl, good for Luc." He nodded.

"So tell me more about this Martha." She encouraged.

"Alright. She's a great mother, and she's really nice. You should get along well with her." He said, smiling as he looked at the entrance "Martha, come here." He beckoned to her.

"Hi." Martha said to him, handing Katie to him "She's desperate for you." She explained "I think she has another tooth coming through, so she's starting to cry a bit more." She told him, handing Katie her teething ring.

"Martha, this is my mum, Petra. Mum, this is Martha, my ex-wife." He introduced them.

"Hi." Martha smiled to her, shaking her hand.

"Hello." She said, returning the handshake "So, Martha, what do you do for a living?" She asked her.

"I work in a bar." She said, looking at Jack.

"Yeah, she's starting to work for Dad now, now that Katie's old enough for her to return to work." He nodded.

"Yeah, well I'm thinking about it. I don't know." She said.

"Tony'd be a good boss." Petra smiled to her.

"I know, I worked for him before Katie was born." She nodded "He co-owns the bar with his wife, Beth Holden." She explained.

"He remarried?" Petra asked.

"Yeah. Beth's been great." Martha nodded "She helped me a lot when I was pregnant, but so did Jack so it was alright." She laughed.

"You're cravings were murder." He told her, a grin playing on his face.

"So what, every pregnant woman goes through them!" She exclaimed, grinning.

"Yeah right." Jack muttered.

-----

"Thanks for letting me stay Tony, and you too Beth." She said, nodding to Beth the next day, at night time "I sold my house at the other end, just got to find a decent place to stay." She explained "But I hope to help with the chores and all, so I should be able to help you." She told them.

"It's no worry." Beth said cheerfully. She looked at her watch "Martha's doing a shift so I've got to mind Katie. I'd better go pick her up now." She said, grabbing her keys "I'll be back soon." She called, heading out the door.

"Beth seems nice." Petra said "You seem happy." She observed.

"I am." He nodded "Very happy." He sat down on the couch "What are you doing back here Petra? You came for a reason."

"I came for Jack and Lucas. Remember, you filed a lawsuit against me for full custody of my sons. Remember that Tony?" She hissed "Then disappeared after you'd gotten it. How the hell do you think I felt? You kept on moving around, and always changing where you lived so I could never found you." She said smugly.

"Jack decided he wanted to stop moving. Also, we were moving because he ran into some trouble through the force. Also, where is Kika?" He snapped.

"Some trouble, sure Tony. You just didn't want me coming around. And Kika's in our home town. She's coming on the bus tomorrow. You know, to meet her brothers?" She said furiously.

"Hey mum I was just-" Mattie came hurrying in, then froze when she found Tony there, arguing with a stranger "What's going on?" She asked, looking from one to the other "Whose she?" She asked him.

"Mattie this is Petra, Lucas and Jack's mother. Petra, this is Matilda Holden." He introduced them.

"Oh." She said quietly "Hi." Mattie attempted to pick up her manners "Call me Mattie." She explained.

"Hi." She said, relaxing a little.

"Where's mum?" Mattie asked Tony.

"She's next door, with Katie."

"Oh!" Mattie said, grinning "She got baby-sitting duties? She never told me!" She squealed "Can I go over and help mum? Please Dad?" She asked him.

"Sure." He nodded, watching her hurry back out.

"I'd better go." Petra said, rushing out the door.

Tony watched her leave, knowing what she was thinking. She thought Mattie was his, and in a way she was. He'd been her father for three years, and he'd done his best to support her throughout that time.

-----

"Hey Luc." Mattie said, smiling to him.

"Hey Mattie." He nodded to her, walking along the beach.

"Where's Belle?" She asked him.

"She's somewhere." He shrugged "I think she's with Amanda." He explained.

"Oh okay." She nodded "How are you feeling about your mum?" She asked.

"What about her?" He asked curiously "Where's this coming from?" He asked.

"She's here, in the Bay." She said slowly.

NEXT UPDATE: How does Lucas react? And who is Charlie, and why does she turn to Jack for help?

Archived