This Is My Time

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Three.

"Morning." Rachel greeted Jack cheerfully, holding Katelyn in her arms the next morning.

"Hey. Sorry if she woke you." He said, yawning slightly as he walked in, just having woken up.

"Oh she didn't wake me. I was up and walking around, and I heard little noises from the nursery. I went and checked and she was there, awake and happy. I found her baby monitor ran out of batteries so I changed them, then brought her out and fed her. She's just digesting her breakfast." She said, smiling at the girl.

"Thanks." He said, taking her into his arms and holding her tightly, kissing the top of her head lovingly.

"You're such a good dad." Rachel teased him, before heading to her room to grab her handbag.

"Thanks." He smiled at her, turning when he heard someone at the door "Oh hello dad." He said, nodding to his father.

"Hey. I was about to go and visit Luc, actually. Apparently there's been a few issues down the camp, so a lot of parents are going just to check on their kids, since it's for four months, and they are a month into the program. I was wondering if you'd like to come? Might even want to bring Kate, let Luc see his niece?" He asked his son.

"Maybe, I'm not sure. I'll see if Martha has anything planned today for Katie, and if she doesn't she might let her come." He answered.

"Alright. Well, might see you soon. Come over before lunch, I'm leaving after lunch. By the way, tell Martha if she wants her job at the bar back, she's welcome to it." He added, before heading back out.

"Where'd Tony go?" Rachel asked, re-entering the room "I heard him." She said, frowning slightly.

"He's gone again." Jack said, grinning at her.

"Well at least I'm not losing my mind." She said, smiling at Jack, grabbing her briefcase "Anyway, I'm off to work. I'll see you when you get home." She said, waving goodbye as she closed the door behind her.

-----

"There's mummy." Jack said softly to Katelyn as he carried her towards the diner, seeing Martha sitting outside as the sun slowly came up, and she sat sipping an orange juice and eating a big breakfast.

"Hi!" Martha said, reaching out for Katie as she pulled her in for a hug "I missed you sweetie." She said softly, kissing her head.

"How'd you sleep? No problems?" He asked her.

"It was okay. I was a bit panicky, but a lot better than I would have been if Katie was there. Thank you for that, I really can't risk anything happening to her." She said with a sigh "Over protective parenting." She joked.

"You're not over protective. You're a good protective, and with people like Cameron Reynolds around, that is a great protective to be." He told her honestly.

"You don't have to worry, I'll get this sorted. I can't drag Katie into this, I can't risk it."

"How about she stays with me for a few days? I'd be a lot happier that way as well." He asked her "I worry sometimes, it's hard when you're daughter is only at your house two days a week." He shrugged.

"Hey, it's your timetable. I'm happy to go half's remember?" She reminded him.

"I never said it was you, don't kill me just yet."

"I won't." She smiled at him, giving Katie some of her bacon "Is that nice sweetie?" She asked her quietly, putting little amounts into her mouth.

"She likes it." Jack said, smiling as she watched a grin form on Katie's face, as she reached for Martha's orange juice.

"She does. She likes bacon and eggs, but she only eats scrambled."

"She eats fried eggs too. Only the ones I make though." Jack grinned at Martha.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked.

"Maybe that you can't cook fried eggs like I can." He boasted.

"That or they are just so good she doesn't want to try the other types." She teased.

"Or she's worried that they'll be worse." He smirked.

"Very funny." She said, frowning at him.

-----

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Tony asked Jack as he opened his car door "I'm sure that Luc is missing you and Katie, you should come." He added.

"I'd rather stay here. With all the stuff going on with Cam, I'd prefer to stick around Martha just in case he does something." He told him, stepping back from the car.

"Alright, I'll tell Luc. Will you pop down and see him soon, he's there for around another three months, and surely he misses having his big brother boss him around?"

"Very funny dad, I've been living on my own for years now, he doesn't live with me so that suits, and I also haven't been able to boss him around on account that he lives with you, not me." He said.

"Okay mate, cya!" He said, driving off.

Jack headed across the lawn, to his home. He unlocked the door, walking inside and nodding to Kim, who was in a rush "Keen to go see your wife?" He asked.

"I'm late for work." He explained, grabbing his toast and rushing towards the door "See you tonight!" He said, closing the door behind him, then walked over to the counter and began to make some sandwiches, and since Katie was with Martha, he just had to feed himself.

"How rude of you, to slam the door in my face." Came an annoyed Martha's voice, as she opened the door and walked in.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea you were there." He apologised to her honestly, smiling at Katie.

"I guess I can forgive you. So, what's for lunch?" She asked, putting Katie by her mat.

"For you, an egg and lettuce sandwich." He replied, grabbing the eggs out of the fridge "Same for Katie, but for me, I think I'll have ham and salad."

"Make a few little triangle type sandwiches, like they make at the fancy parties. Those are cool, and seeing as you can cook, you may as well make them look fancy for us." She said, watching him get all the food out.

"Sure." He said, beginning to make everything.

"So, how's work lately?" Martha asked him.

"Pretty good, no major problems so to speak, so we'll see how everything goes." He said, glancing at her "I'd ask how you're work was but we already know." He said softly to her.

"No need to rub it in." She muttered "Just cause my working life sucks, doesn't mean anything." She told him firmly.

"Dad said that if you wanted you can have your bar job back." He told her.

"Really? I think I'll go back there, I put my resignation from the Rocket Club in two days ago." She told him happily, then got distracted by a knock on the door "I'll get it." She offered, walking to the door and opening it "Cindy." She said, surprised "What are you doing here?"

"Here to talk to you about your resignation." She snapped, letting herself into the house.

"I have every right to resign." She frowned.

"Actually, no you don't. You signed the contract, remember? You have to work for another six months, whether you like it or not." She told her "You can look for yourself." She told her, glaring at her "You can keep that copy, it's a photocopy of your original, so don't worry about burning it because we have another copy. I'll see you at work." She smirked at her, turning and marching out the door.

"Oh my god." Martha whispered, staring at the contract "She's right, I have to stay here another six months." She threw the contract on the ground "He's going to make me dance!" She said, sighing.

"What?" Jack exclaimed, hurrying over to her "Oh no." He said, staring at her "This isn't the end of this though. We will fight this Martha. We will fight this and win." He said grimly.

NEXT UPDATE: Martha talks with Morag – After the telling off Martha gave Morag when she was with Ash, and they haven't spoken since. Will Morag help her?

Archived