This Is My Time

Guest -ParaisGal-

This is a fab start!

Martha standing her ground; :D It certainly makes a change. Now, please don't let her be manipulated back into dancing again.

Jack's the daddy :wub: I'm happy about that!

Can't wait to read more.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Two.

"Have you changed your mind?" Cam Reynolds asked Martha a week later.

"Cam, can you stop asking? I haven't changed my mind about dancing, I want to stop dancing for Katie. I told you that." She snapped.

"Martha, she is fourteen months old. She isn't five, she doesn't have to worry about what her school friends think. She is really only a little baby. She doesn't have to worry about what her friends think. So you can do this, Katie doesn't know one job from another!" He argued with her.

"Cam, I really don't want to fight about this. But I do want you to let me make my own decisions. You are my employer, and you cannot force me to pole dance, you didn't employee me as a pole dancer, you employed me for the bar." She told him, trying to remain calm.

"I also employed you as a pole dancer." He persisted, determined not to lose his star dancer "Please, I'll raise it to $3,000 a night." He bargained, he had the money to throw around and she earned him more money than the dancers like Mandy, and Melissa.

"No. No matter how much you pay me, I won't dance for you. This is my life, my time, not yours. You have no control over me, because you're not my boyfriend anymore." She told him firmly.

"But I still care about you." He tried to confirm for her.

"Cam just leave it!" She shouted at him "You don't care about me, I know it and you know it!" She yelled furiously at him, causing a lot of people in the bar to turn their heads.

"Martha, quieten down." He hissed.

"What, will I be bad for business now?" She asked him, frowning at him.

"Martha, just stop being like this." He snapped at her, getting angry now "You will dance." He warned her.

"What happens if I don't dance, Cam? I'm not that girl anymore."

"If you don't dance, you won't like the consequences." He spat.

"What will you do to her?" A cold voice asked him, stepping in front of Martha.

"Well, if it isn't the town's most loved Constable." Cam said, smirking at him.

"Shut up and tell me what the hell you're going to do to her." He said, grabbing him "Don't you dare lay a hand on her." He warned him.

Martha stood back, still slightly shocked that Jack had come here. But she was relieved, she knew she couldn't sort this out on her own, especially since Cam felt she was his best dancer, his star dancer.

"I don't think it's any of your business actually." He said, smiling slightly as he pulled Jack's hands off him.

Jack glared at him, then turned to Martha "Come on." He told her, putting an arm around her.

"She doesn't love you mate, get it through your thick head." He sneered at him.

"Mind your own damn business." He snapped, pushing Martha gently from the club.

-----

"Has he ever threatened you like that before?" Jack asked Martha later that night, after Martha had brought Katie back from day care.

"A few times, mainly after I first quit the dancing side and focused on being part of the bar staff, because apparently there was a big lack in the guys that came." She said, leaning back on the couch.

"You never told anybody about it?" He asked, surprised.

"I didn't see there being any point." She responded, watching as Jack held Katie, smiling slightly at her only child.

"Has Katie been affected by this?" He asked, letting Katie go back to the ground as she wanted to walk to her bear.

"A little, maybe by my moods, and because he's threatened me through her a little bit." She nodded.

"He's dodgy. Well I don't think you should work there anymore." He said seriously "For your safety and for Katie's safety." He said seriously.

"What if he threatens me again? I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't feel safe living with Katie at the moment because what if he comes at night, while I'm asleep and takes her or something? He's capable of doing that." He said with a sigh.

"Look, Katie can stay with me tonight, it's no problem. Come around see her tomorrow morning if you'd like." He offered.

"Jack, you don't have to do that." She tried to brush it off.

"She's my daughter. I want to make sure that she's safe, she's my only child Martha." He told her calmly "We may not have been together when she was conceived but she's my daughter and I need to know she's safe."

"I know." She nodded "Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we hadn't been drunk? If we had known what we were doing would we still have slept together?" She asked him.

"Probably not but I don't regret it now. She's an amazing kid. Besides, at the time we were both recovering from bad relationships. You from Ash, me from Sam, with the incident over Rory. Remember, the surf club thing? Well, we split up after I told her what happened."

"I was so happy when you didn't just dump her straight into my arms, expecting me to be a single mother. I know you weren't like that, just was wondering how you'd react." She said softly.

"I love her, she's my absolute pride and joy."

"I noticed." She smiled at him.

"Yeah, I know." Jack said softly, smiling at Martha before looking at Katie.

"What was that little smile?" She demanded of him.

"Nothing." He said quickly, smiling at her again.

"Seriously, tell me." She asked him.

"It was nothing, I promise you." He assured her.

"Alright." She smiled at him.

-----

"Is she asleep?" Rachel asked Jack, looking up from the TV where she sat with Kim.

"At the moment, yes. Maybe not for too much longer." He answered, sitting down on the other side of Kim.

"So, Cam threatened Martha?" Kim asked.

"Yeah, and she's a bit worried for Katie's safety, so she's asked if I can mind her for tonight." He told them "That's okay with you guys if it happens sometimes, right?" He asked.

"Of course, of course." Rachel told him "Martha needs a bit of help, and Katie needs her father. And you fill both those positions." She said.

"Yeah." He nodded "I'm getting closer to Martha as well."

"You were there at the birth, at the birthing classes, because Martha needed your support and because you are Katie's dad. You're bound to feel closer to her than before." She reminded him.

"I know." He smiled "It's a good feeling."

NEXT UPDATE: Does Cam do anything? Or does he give up?

because you were Katie’s dad

were?? dont you mean "because you are Katie's dad"??? Great chapter anyways. SuperJack to the rescue. I love him. I hope Cam has given up, but why am i uncertain :unsure:

More please :)

Fab update I love it :D

Martha and Jack are on the road to getting back very good.

Jack is so cute with Katie I want them to have a kid on the show becaus I can just see him acting like that with his little girl.

But yiu know what is even cuter Martha, Jack and Katie Yep :D

Well update soon I loved it.

-MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS!!!-

Relationships and other things: Thought I’d include so you understand!

- Belle is Lucas’ girlfriend.

- Cassie hooked up with Drew after Macca’s abuse.

- Ric and Matilda are still together.

- Kit and James, only Kit isn’t pregnant with Kim’s baby. She’s pregnant with James’s baby.

- Jack is single, as is Martha.

- Rachel and Kim, and Kim isn’t infertile.

- Dan and Leah.

- Amanda and Peter got together again after her wedding horror, and are now officially happily married.

- Alf is single, Colleen is single, and Irene is single.

- Olivia (Chloe’s daughter, 8 years here) is back in the bay and living with Irene.

- Robbie and Tasha are still in the bay!

- Jack's mother isn't dead. Buuut her name is Blank! lol. Blank and Tony divorced when Blank apparently 'died' as far as we are concerned. So Blank is coming soon. And more importantly, Blank needs a name! Name her people!

-Tony and Beth are married, and Mattie will occasionally call Tony dad.

Archived