I Need You

Guest kaciexox

Finally here is the next chapter. i quickly wrote it about 5 minutes ago so please excuse if it is not that great. enjoy :)

CHAPTER 19

Jack and Martha ran into the hospital. Suddenly Jack stopped, hearing shouting voices coming from inside Rebecca’s room.

He looked at Martha questioningly and she shrugged. Jack and Martha could hear every word that was being said inside the room.

“Andrew, please, its not as if I meant to lose the baby!” yelled Rebecca.

“I know babe. I’m sorry for yelling, it’s just that this whole thing is starting to come undone. This accident was supposed to get Jack’s attention, except he’s not even here and now you’ve lost the baby,” the man’s voice started to rise into a yell again, “And with no baby, Jack will go running back to Martha, there will be no wedding and NO MONEY!”

“I know, but maybe Jack will stay with me, maybe he loves me…”

“Rebecca we both know he doesn’t love you, we both know he loves that sl*t Martha and we both know that with nothing to make him stay with you, he will go back to her!”

“Andrew, please calm down!”

“Don’t tell me to calm DOWN!”

From outside Martha and Jack both heard a loud sound followed by a cry from Rebecca. Jack was just about to barge in but Rebecca started yelling again.

“Don’t touch me! No! Andrew, you just hit me and you expect me to forgive you just like that! The baby wasn’t even Jack’s, it was yours and even he treated me better than you treat me!”

“Rebecca, wake up to yourself, Jack doesn’t love you! You lied to him about the baby, you used him to get to his money! How do you think he would react when he hears about that!”

“Andrew you can’t tell him! There still might be a chance for me to get my hands on the money!”

But Andrew was ignoring Rebecca and going on about her last comment.

“How dare you! Don’t give me ‘ the baby wasn’t Jack’s’ because I know that, we always knew that, we never thought for one second that the baby was Jack’s!”

At that point Jack had built up enough courage to open the door and interrupt. Martha remained outside. She heard everything go silent as Jack enetered the room but the silence was soon broken by Jack’s yells.

“What do you mean not even Jack’s baby?” he yelled.

Rachel approached the door, about to tell them to lower their voices, but hearing the intensity of their cries, slowly backed away from the door.

Martha could still hear very clearly the conversation coming from inside the room. She couldn’t believe it. She had thought Rebecca was a sl*t, yes but never a manipulating, evil b!tch. She had got sucked in just as much as Jack.

She cringed as she heard Jack raise his voice even louder which was almost impossible.

“I’ve heard enough Rebecca. From now on, just stay out of my life, I’m going to try and forget you ever existed.”

And with that, Jack flung open the door and walked out. Martha, knowing Jack asd she did, could see the tiny tears in his eyes. She ran forward and pulled him into a tight hug. She held him and comforted him.

Jack had been there for her when times had gotten almost to tough to bear and now it was her turn…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the second last part!

CHAPTER 20

4 MONTHS LATER

“Martha, don’t lift that!”

Martha giggled.

“Jack please, I’m pregnant not disabled. I think I can lift a box.”

Jack smiled.

“Am I not allowed to be worried about my beautiful girlfriend?”

Jack went over and took the box from Martha despite her protests.

After 4 months of a steady relationship between Jack and Martha, Martha and Mali had decided to move back in with Jack. They had decided that timing couldn’t be more perfect as the baby was due in less than one month and Jack would die if he wasn’t with Martha for the WHOLE birth.

Jack really wanted to be a big part of the birth, as it was his first child. And to add even more to Jack’s happiness, Mali had started to call him daddy.

“DAD!!” Mali screamed from inside her new room. Jack sighed.

“Yes princess?” Jack called back.

“I can’t find Muffin!”

Martha giggled.

“Mali, he’s out here on the table. Remember you put him here about…” Jack looked at his watch, “30 seconds ago.”

“Oh yeah,”

Mali skipped happily out, grabbed her stuffed cat Muffin off the table, and skipped back into her room, completely oblivious to Jack and Martha hiding their smiles as they watched her. Martha kissed Jack’s neck affectionately.

“Your so great with her,” Martha said, moving her mouth onto his and kissing him.

“I know,” Jack said, kissing her hard.

Suddenly they were interrupted by Maliyah.

“Ewww!”

Jack and Martha burst out laughing at Mali’s innocence.

“Sweetheart,” Martha said, after the laughter had subsided, “Sally is coming to take you to Pippa’s house for the night and she will be here soon, so I hope you packed your bag like I told you to.”

“I did mummy,” Maliyah said proudly, sticking out her chest.

“Good girl,” Martha said kissing the top of Maliyah’s head.

“Hello…” called out a voice from the front door.

“And that would be her now,” said Jack getting up and opening the door.

“Hey guys, Mali are you ready?” Sally said, giving the small child a hug.

“I sure am, I got ready all by myself,” Mali said, marching out the door with her bag which was about twice the size of her.

Even though she was only going for one night, Maliyah insisted on packing a separate outfit for every possible weather outcome including snow, even though Martha had patiently explained to her that it doesn’t snow in these parts of Australia especially during autumn.

“Excuse me,” Martha said putting her hands on her hips, “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Oops!” Mali said throwing her bag onto the floor running over to them.

“Bye daddy,” she said kissing Jack on the cheek, “And bye mummy. Now make sure you both be good and take care of my baby sister or brother.”

Maliyah rubbed her mother’s tummy affectionately before grabbing her bag, which Sally had to help her with and skipping out the door.

“Finally, alone!” Martha said flopping down onto the lounge.

“I know,” Jack said sitting down beside her, “I have something very important to ask you.”

“Argh! Jack it’s happy hour, can’t important decisions wait until morning when I have a clear head?”

“Um Martha…happy hour is when you drink and your pregnant remember? That means you can’t drink let alone get drunk,” Jack said smiling. Martha stuck her tongue out at him.

“I’m not as stupid as I look Jack. But I can get drunk on you!”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I think you know!” Martha said, kissing Jack’s neck. Jack pushed her off and laughed at her impression of a puppy dogface.

“No, the important decisions have to come now.”

“Fine, but hurry up and get it over with so we can have some fun. It’s not every day we get the house to ourselves.”

Jack got off the lounge and bent down on one knee. Martha’s hands flew to her mouth and she gasped. Jack smiled.

“Martha Mackenzie, I love you more than ever. You make me so happy and I am so lucky to have you in my life. But what will make me even happier is if you will become my wife. Will you marry me?”

“Oh My God!” Martha exclaimed, “Of course, yes!”

Jack stood up and pulled Martha to her feet before kissing he passionately. Suddenly Martha pulled away, doubled over in pain.

“What is it?”

“Ow! I think the baby has decided to make an entrance…”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the LAST bit :(

my replacement fic will start up in a few weeks after my exams.

CHAPTER 21

Martha laughed.

“Jack, slow down. This baby is not gonna come for ages yet.”

But Jack didn’t listen, he just kept speeding towards the hospital. Martha sighed; she knew she couldn’t argue with him, he was too stubborn. She leaned her head back and looked down at her sparkling engagement ring. Everything was coming together perfectly.

“Hey guys,” Rachel said, looking up, “What can I do for you?”

Martha was just about to open her mouth when suddenly her face scrunched up with pain. She gasped, grabbed Jack’s hand and squeezed it tightly. That made Jack’s face scrunch up with pain.

“Incoming baby,” Martha gasped between breaths. Rachel immediately ran over and got a wheel chair for Martha. Martha sat down and let go of Jack’s hand. Jack looked down at his hand, which had turned purple, and smiled. Whatever he had just gone through, Martha was having about 100 times worse.

Sally, Alf, Ric, Cassie, Pippa and Maliyah were all gathered outside the hospital room. Jack and Martha had been in the room for three hours already and still there was no word. Sally smiled as she heard a scream from inside the room, it wouldn’t be long now.

“Jaaaack!” Martha screamed.

“It’s ok babe, I’m here. Do you think you could maybe lessen your grip on my hand a little, your sort of cutting off my circulation.”

“Would you like to do this for me?” Martha screamed. Jack thought about it for a moment before answering truthfully.

“No, not really.”

Martha screamed again, this time in frustration.

“When – this – baby – comes – out – I’m – going – to – kill – you!”

Jack smiled and grabbed Martha’s other hand, just to let her know that he was joking.

“When is this THING coming out?” Martha yelled, gasping with pain.

“Martha, just think of this as a challenge, think of the prize you’ll get at the end…”

But Martha wasn’t listening.

“Hurry up and get out you lazy little bugger. Just like your bloody father, so bloody lazy…” Martha shouted at her stomach.

Jack laughed. His mother had been in labor with him for 13 hours, and his dad had told him that Kate had yelled the very same thing at her stomach.

“That’s it Martha, just one more push.” Said the nurse.

Martha squeezed Jack’s hand and pushed with everything she had. Suddenly the room was filled with shrill cries. Martha’s head fell back, breathing heavily.

“You’ve got a beautiful baby boy,” said the nurse, placing the baby in Martha’s open arms. Martha laughed, tears running down her face. Jack looked down at the human they had created together. He kissed Martha quickly, before sitting on the bed beside her and wrapping one arm around her and the other around the baby.

“He’s beautiful,” Martha said, looking down at her new son. Jack nodded, his eyes focused on the baby.

“What should we call him?” Martha asked, tearing her eyes away from the baby and focusing them on Jack.

“Um… how about Jayden?”

“Perfect,” Martha said smiling.

“Sorry, Ms Mackenzie, were going to have to take Jayden just to have him checked over,” said the nurse.

“Is he ok?” Martha asked, reluctantly handing over the baby. The nurse smiled.

“Everything is fine, we just have to clean him up a bit, we won’t be too long,”

Martha smiled as the nurse walked out.

“It’s amazing,” Jack whispered.

“Thank you, Jack” Martha said.

“For what,” Jack laughed, “You did all the work.”

“For everything. For rescuing me all those months ago. For being there for me through everything. For just loving me. I don’t know how I’d live without you… I need you.”

THE END

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Link to comments thread.

Archived