I Need You

Guest kaciexox

Here is the next bit! A whole chapter of Jack and Martha fluff for you all :P

CHAPTER 10

“Urgh!” said Martha as she flopped herself down on the lounge, “It’s been a long day. You sure you don’t mind me staying here tonight. It’s just that Sal has a pretty full house at the moment, and she’s already minding Mali tonight. I don’t know what we’re going to do. I don’t have enough money to rent a place so we might just have to settle for a caravan for the moment. At least until I get a job.”

“You know,” said Jack as he sat down beside Martha, “I never found another roommate…” Martha turned to look at Jack.

“Jack, I couldn’t. I can’t afford it.” Jack smiled at her.

“You don’t need to pay Martha. I don’t want you and Mali to have to move into a caravan.” Jack insisted.

“Jack, I …” Martha began.

“Good. It is settled then. You and Mali will move in here tomorrow.” Martha smiled and snuggled into him.

“Did anyone ever tell you how great you are?” She murmured.

“Maybe once or twice,” Jack said cheekily. Martha laughed and punched him playfully in the arm.

“Well, I think I’m pretty great too you know,” Martha said, laughing.

“How great?” Jack whispered bringing his face closer to Martha’s.

“I could show you better then I could tell you,” Martha replied seductively.

“Oh really?” Martha nodded.

“Oh yea,” She lent forward and captured his lips in a passionate kiss. Martha broke the kiss after a while and looked into jack’s eyes. When they were together, it was like a spell had been cast, binding them in a moment only they could feel. Gazing into his eyes, Martha could feel the intensity in the air and she knew that Jack could feel it too. Jack smiled.

“That was pretty great,” he whispered into her ear, “but I think I could do better.”

“Is that so?” Jack replied by pressing his lips onto hers and once again they got lost in the moment…

Martha woke with the bright sun blaring on her face. Jack’s arm was around her and her head was on his bare chest.

“Morning,” Jack whispered.

“Mmm…” murmured Martha, snuggling into Jack and wrapping her arms around his waist, “what time is it?”

“9:30,” replied Jack, looking at his watch. Suddenly Martha was well and truly awake.

“Oh my God!” Martha cried as she jumped out of Jack’s bed and began pulling on her clothes.

“What?!” asked Jack.

“I was supposed to pick up Mali an hour and a half ago,” replied Martha as she looked under the bed, “Did you see where my top went last night?” Jack laughed and rolled over to the edge of the bed. Martha scowled at him.

“Martha,” Jack said smiling, “I called Sal this morning while you were still asleep to say that you were still asleep and that we would meet her and the others at the hospital alter on. Now please, come back to bed.” Jack grabbed Martha’s waist and pulled her back onto the bed. Martha laughed as Jack tickled her sides and pulled off her clothes once more…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the next bit :P

CHAPTER 11

Jack pulled out the key to his house and pushed it into the lock. He turned the key and heard the lock click before he pushed the door forward. As soon as the door opened, Maliyah pushed her way past Jack and skipped into the lounge room happily.

“We’re living with Ja-ack! We’re living with Ja-ack!” She chanted as she spun around with her arms spread open. Martha laughed as she watched Jack pick up her daughter and spin her around. Eventually both Jack and Mali fell back onto the lounge, both giggling hysterically.

“Jack, you’re such a kid,” Martha laughed. Jack laughed as he got off the lounge and walked towards Martha.

“I want to play with you next,” he said as he wrapped his arms around Martha.

“Nooooo!” Martha screamed as Jack tickled her sides. Mali laughed at the two of them, glad that her mother was finally happy.

“Right, who’s next,” yelled Jack as he turned to face Mali. Martha turned away laughing and walked into the kitchen to make some afternoon tea for Mali. Martha and Mali didn’t really have any belongings, only the stuff in their backpacks, so they didn’t have to worry about moving all their stuff in. Since they had lived there last, some things had changed in Jack’s house. There were still the same rooms: Jack’s bedroom, a bathroom, kitchen, lounge room and two spare rooms. However, last time they had been there, there had been a single bed in each of the spare rooms. But Jack had given one to Hunters while Kit was staying. Kit had left a couple of days before Alf’s accident, so Jack, Tony and Lucas would all help to move the bed back within the next few days. Until then, Martha would sleep with Jack and Mali in the single bed in the spare room. Not that Martha minded sleeping with Jack. She didn’t mind it all. She loved having Jack’s warm body beside her and his strong arms around her. Martha could not help but smile at how perfect her life was at that moment.

“Mummy!” Mali yelled from her bedroom, “Come here!” Martha walked in to her daughter’s bedroom and had to laugh at what she saw. Mali somehow had found Martha’s makeup and put it all over her face. She was lying on stomach on her bed reading her TotalGirl magazine.

“Jack!” Martha called, “You gotta see this.” Jack walked in and immediately cracked up at what he saw. Mali was getting very upset at all the people laughing at her.

“What are you laughing at,” she cried, clearly hurt, “don’t I look pretty?” Martha and Jack immediately stopped laughing and put on their most serious faces. Martha walked over to the edge of Mali’s bed and sat down.

“No, honey, you look very pretty. But I think its bed time now.”

Martha smiled as she quietly left Mali’s room where she was sleeping, dragging Jack by his arm.

“She’s five going on fifteen isn’t she?” Martha laughed. Jack nodded.

“Though when she’s fifteen things will be different.”

“How do you mean?” Martha asked, smiling.

“She’s going to have all the boys chasing her and I’m going to be fighting them off,” he said, swinging his arms around as though he were fighting someone. Martha laughed before smacking him in the head.

“Ow!” Jack exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head, “What was that for?”

“For being an idiot!” Martha laughed.

“Oh, that’s it!” cried Jack as he grabbed Martha and began attacking her with kisses. After a while, they broke apart and went and got changed into their pyjamas. Martha hopped into bed and snuggled into Jack.

“Everything is so perfect,” she whispered.

“Yea,” Jack agreed as he stroked Martha’s hair. Soon they both drifted off to sleep, dreaming of each other.

Mali sat up in bed, breathing hard. She had had a bad dream. She turned over and tried to get back to sleep but she couldn’t. She sighed and hopped out of bed, tiptoeing towards Jack and Martha’s room. She opened the door and silently climbed into their bed. Mali snuggled in between Jack and Martha’s sleeping bodies and there she drifted off to sleep again.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

HERE is the next bit :P enjoy

CHAPTER 12

Martha groaned and rolled over in bed.

“Martha,” Jack whispered as he leant down over her face, “Martha wake up.”

“Jack,” Martha mumbled, “It’s too early.” Jack laughed.

“Martha its 11 o’clock, you slept in,” Martha sat up abruptly.

“Are you serious?” she asked. Jack laughed again, shook his head and pointed to the clock. 7:30Am. Martha gasped and grabbed the pillow. She hit Jack with her pillow before flopping back down onto the bed, only to realize that Jack had her pillow.

“Ow,” she grumbled, rubbing her head. Jack laughed and hopped up from the bed.

“You are so mean, you know that,” Martha said, grabbing her pillow and putting over her head.

“Martha. Up. Now.” Jack yelled bouncing on the bed.

“Jaaaaack,” Martha whined, “No, I’m not getting up. Let me sleep.”

“Ok, but you asked for it,” Jack warned hopping up from the bed.

“Asked for whaaaa…” Martha screamed as Jack tore the blankets from the bed, “Jack Holden you better run before I slice you in half.” Jack smiled sweetly.

“Hmph,” Martha mumbled as she turned on her side and scrunched her knees up to her chest.

“Martha seriously, get up now,” Jack whispered into her ear.

“Why,” Martha grumbled.

“Because,” Jack said, “I have a surprise for you.”

One hour later Jack was leading Martha down to the beach. They had dropped Mali off at Sally’s so that they could have the day to themselves. Martha had no idea what Jack was planning but she was still pretty grumpy for being woken up so early.

“So I woke up at the tender hour of 7:30 for the beach?” Martha questioned. Jack just laughed. “Gee, you’re in a laughy mood this morning.” Jack turned to face Martha.

“You make me happy,” he whispered.

“I’m happy to hear that,” Martha said, pulling him in and letting her lips just touch Jack’s lips before pulling away. Jack frowned at her and Martha laughed.

“Don’t worry, there’ll be more later. But first I want to know why I was woken up so early.”

“Are you ever going to forgive me for that?” Jack asked as he turned around and continued leading Martha.

“Nope,” Martha said. Jack continued to lead her down the beach and soon they reached the wharf. Martha gasped as she saw what lay ahead.

“A boat!” she cried, jumping up and down excitedly.

“Now who’s such a kid,” Jack muttered.

“What was that?” Martha asked sternly.

“Nothing,” Jack laughed, “It’s you Granddad’s, and he lent it to us for that day.”

“Granddad has a boat?” Jack nodded. He led Martha down to the boat and helped her into it. Martha’s jaw dropped when she saw the picnic that Jack had prepared.

“Jack! It’s beautiful.” Martha cried running over to the picnic. Then she ran all over the boat, checking it out. Finally, she ran into a room. She walked out smiling.

“It has a bedroom,” she whispered seductively. Jack laughed.

“It does, it’s perfect.”

“Totally,” Martha mumbled as she put her hands on the railings.

“Right, lets get this baby moving.” Jack said.

“Jack,” Martha, said,rolling her eyes “It’s a boat”

LATE AFTERNOON

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Jack get over here now,” Martha called from the other side of the boat.

“Martha! What’s wrong?” Jack called back running over to her.

“Nothing, silly. Look over there, dolphins!” Just as Martha said that, two dolphins jumped out from the water. Jack gasped and wrapped his arms around Martha’s waist. They stayed like that for a while until the dolphins swam away. Martha turned around to face Jack and put her arms around his neck.

“You know when I said there’d be more later. It’s later.” Martha whispered. She captured Jacks lips in a passionate kiss, her hands running through his hair. Everything was perfect. After a while, Martha pulled away. Jack looked at her and frowned.

“Jack, it’s getting late, we should head back. We have to pick up Maliyah.” Martha said.

“Jack smiled.

“Didn’t I tell you? Mali’s staying at Sal’s tonight. We still have this boat for the whole night.” Jack said emphasizing the word ‘whole’. Martha looked alarmed and then happy. She smiled.

“Well in that case mister, follow me,” Martha said, grabbing Jack’s hand and leading him into the bedroom…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit :D

CHAPTER 13

2 MONTHS LATER

Martha sat on the edge of her bed waiting for time to pass. She thought about what had happened over the past two months. She and Jack were still going strong and Mali loved living with Jack. Also, they had never got the bed back form the Hunter’s so Martha had just stayed in Jack’s bed. Her Granddad had come home and he was back to his happy, healthy self.

Martha’s life was perfect.

Except, now there was this. Martha didn’t know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. She didn’t know if she wanted it to happen or not. But she couldn’t make the decision, her body would and whatever the outcome she would have to live with it. Martha looked down at her watch. It was time. She flipped over the object in her hand. She sighed.

She was pregnant.

Martha and Mali were walking hand in hand down the beach. Jack was at work and Martha was planning to tell him about the baby when he got home. She was nervous about Jack’s response. What if he didn’t want her to have the baby? What if he left her? What if he got angry and… Martha sighed and pushed that thought out of her mind. She knew Jack would never ever do anything like that. It was just that sometimes, because of Greg, thoughts would cross her mind.

“Mum, are you even listening to me?” Mali said pulling on Martha’s hand. Martha snapped back into reality. She smiled down at her daughter.

“Of course sweetie. Go on.”

“Well anyway, me and Hannah are partners for our Christmas play,” Mali continued.

“But honey, Christmas isn’t for another two months.” Martha said.

“I know. Only two more months,” Martha squealed excitedly, “Can we go for a swim now?” Martha didn’t answer, a person had just caught her eye. It was a girl, maybe in her mid-twenties. She had long blonde hair and was running up the beach. She looked very familiar but Martha couldn’t think of where she had seen her from.

“MUM!” Mali cried, tearing Martha’s eyes away from the girl.

“What…um…yea sure.” Martha said. She turned back to where she had last seen the girl, but she was gone.

Martha was in her bedroom, waiting for Jack to come home. Mali was at her friend Hannah’s place for the night, so Martha was going to tell Jack about the baby as soon as he got home. Suddenly she heard the front door open. She walked out into the hallway and was just about to greet Jack, when she heard a female voice. Martha stayed in the hallway, where she could hear what they were saying but she couldn’t see them and they couldn’t see her.

“So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?” Jack asked.

“You’d better sit down,” the girl said. Martha thought her voice sounded vaguely familiar.

“Stop it Rebecca, you’re scaring me!” Jack said. Rebecca! Martha remembered her from the first day that she came back to the bay. That’s when it hit her. Rebecca was the one she had seen down at the beach earlier that day.

“Jack, I’m pregnant,” the girl said.

Suddenly Martha couldn’t hear what they were staying. She slide down the wall and curled her knees up to her chest. Rebecca…pregnant? No, this couldn’t be happening. Martha was pregnant. No. This would ruin everything. A million thoughts were running through Martha’s head as she sat there crying silent tears.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit :P

CHAPTER 14

Jack said goodbye to Rebecca and watched as she left. He sat down on the lounge and put his head in his hands. What was Martha going to say? He didn’t know what to do. He knew he would have to support Rebecca but where would that leave his girlfriend? He loved Martha. Of course, he had never told her that, the time had never seemed right, but he did love her. Now, a girl who he had a one-night stand with was pregnant. He looked at his watch, Martha would be home soon.

Little did he know that Martha was in their bedroom, crying. She had heard every word Rebecca had said but she couldn’t face it. She didn’t want to think it was real, she would much prefer to ignore it and forget about it and move on with her life. But she knew, being the good guy Jack was, he would want to be there for Rebecca and support her in everyway. But what about her? She was pregnant too. Martha knew that Jack would be spending a lot of time with Rebecca. Could Martha handle being one of two girls in Jack life? She knew what she would have done if this had been a year earlier, she would have run away just like she did the first time she was in the bay. She remembered how much she had regretted it but how her pride would not allow her to return. Martha didn’t want to make the same mistake again. She had to tell Jack.

Jack got up and walked into his bedroom. He got quite a shock to see Martha sitting on the bed. She looked up, revealing her tear-stained face. Jack knew right away what was going on. He knew right away from the look in her eye. In was a look of sadness, despair… he knew that she knew about Rebecca. Jack didn’t say a word. He just climbed onto the bed, pulling Martha onto his lap. He stroked her hair as e leant up against the wall. Jack could feel Martha shuddering as she cried. Jack took her hand and squeezed it.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, “I’m so sorry.”

They stayed in that position for a while until Martha turned to face Jack again. He knew that there must be something else that was troubling Martha.

“What is it Martha?” Jack asked softly. Martha sighed and looked deep into his eyes, trying to decide whether or not to tell him. She took a deep breath, because she knew that he had to know.

“Jack, I’ve been trying to decide whether to tell you this. I guess it was tell you and maybe stay with you or don’t tell you and leave you. I couldn’t leave you again, so here goes. I’m pregnant too,” Martha whispered. Jack took a sharp intsake of breath.

“Oh my God.” Jack said. Then he didn’t say anything for a while and Martha began to cry again. He couldn’t believe this was happening. He hadn’t just got one girl pregnant, he had got two! But he could tell Martha was hurting and he knew that by not responding he was making things worse.

“Shh,” he soothed her, “It’s ok. We’ll get through this. I love you.” Suddenly turned her face to Jack’s.

“You mean that?” Martha asked between sobs.

“Of course.” Jack said. Martha smiled as tears were running down her face.

“We’ll get through this,” she repeated as if trying to convince herself, “I love you too,” Martha leant up and pressed her lips against Jack’s lips softly in a kiss filled with love.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

whoops i forgot to post this part at the end of the last chapter so this is like chpater 14 continued

maybe i should a warning for coarse lasnguage here even though its really not oh well

Meanwhile, down at the beach Rebecca was talking to a friend on her phone.

"I know. i can't believe he fell for it hook line and sinker. Oh well that little bitch doesn't deserve him anyway.... I do though. He will never have to know that it might not be his. It would be funny if it was..no don't worry he completely trusts me... he will never question it...ok then see you tonight."

Rebecca hung up the phone and looked out to sea. She was gonna get Jack back one way or another.

Had to edit this :)

CHAPTER 15

Martha woke up to a voice echoing through the house. She sat up abruptly.

“Jack,” she whispered looking around, “Did you hear that,” Jack moaned something about toast before rolling onto his side. Martha slapped him on the chest.

“Jack!”

Jack sat up abruptly too.

“What’d I miss?” he asked. Martha frowned at him and he frowned back. “What? I was having a really good dream about—g”

“Toast? Yes I know,” Martha said,

“How did you…” Jack said, waving his arm around.

“Never mind about the toast,” Martha whispered hoarsely, “I heard a voice…in the house,” Suddenly Jack was awake.

“Hellooo,” the voice called. Martha and Jack exchanged glances. Jack slowly got out of bed and tiptoed out into the lounge room with Martha close on his heel. He stopped and began to laugh when he saw who was there. Martha saw too, but she didn’t laugh, she stood facing the person and rolled her eyes. She really did not feel like facing the woman at that point.

“Rebecca,” Jack laughed walking over to give her a hug, “We thought…” But then he stopped after receiving a death stare from Martha. Martha crossed her arms over her chest and looked the other way.

“Hey guys, sorry I didn’t know I would be interrupting anything, especially at 10 am” Rebecca said smiling. Jack thought it was a sweet smile while Martha thought it was entirely fake. She didn’t know why she had something against Rebecca, probably because she was having a baby with Martha’s boyfriend but still, there was no reason not to like her. She’s probably a very nice lady, Martha tried to tell herself. But what kind of nice lady would go around sleeping with half the town’s men? Stop it, Martha told herself, you’re just jealous. It was so obvious that Rebecca was flirting with Jack. And yes, Martha was jealous, she was jealous that Jack would be sharing this experience not only with her but with Rebecca as well.

“I’m having a baby too,” Martha blurted out before she could top herself. Jack and Rebecca both turned to look at Martha. Jack gave her a strange look but Rebecca glared at her, it was as if her icy cold eyes were piercing Martha’s flesh.

“What,” was all Rebecca could splutter. Martha smiled sweetly at her. It seemed to say ‘that’s right, now back off,”. Rebecca couldn’t believe this. This was not a part of the plan at all. That’s ok, she assured herself, I’ll just have to play it up a bit. She reached forward and touched Jack’s arm.

“Congratulations!” She drooled, still touching Jack’s arm. Jack pulled his arm away nervously. Martha couldn’t believe it. SO it wasn’t just her eyes playing tricks on her, Rebecca was actually flirting with her boyfriend right in front of her. Oh she’s sly, Martha thought, but two can play that game. She walked over to Jack and touched his other arm, mimicking Rebecca’s wide smile.

“Isn’t it just? Jack and I have just been celebrating.” Jack moved his arm away from Martha too. He shook his head. He would never understand women. Martha and Rebecca stood glaring at each other for what seemed like hours before a visitor stole their attention.

“Jack!” Maliyah cried happily as she ran into the house and flung her self at Jack. Jack picked up and kissed the top of her head. Who is this, Rebecca asked herself, please oh please let it be a friend. Jack put Mali down and ran and gave Martha a hug.

“This is my daughter, Maliyah” Martha said smugly. Maliyah turned to face Rebecca with her hands on her hips.

“And who are you?” she asked. Normally Martha would be embarrassed at her daughters rude behavior but today she was proud. Rebecca bent down to Mali’s level and plastered her fake smile onto her face again.

“Hi I’m your Jack’s friend Rebecca.”

Mali, realising that she was a friend of Jacks, wrapped her arms around Rebecca. Rebecca grimaced and quickly picked Mali’s arms off her own. She hated kids. You better learn to like them, your having one, she reminded herself.

“Well I’d better go. Jack I was hoping we could meet later to discuss baby stuff. Surf Club, 2?” Rebecca asked and then added quickly before Jack could answer, “Great. I’ll see you then. Bye Jack.” And with that she turned on her heel and left. Martha also turned on her heel and left, with Mali close on her heel, leaving a very confused Jack by himself.

Once outside Jack’s place, Rebecca pulled out her phone.

“Andrew, it’s me. This is going to be a little harder than first anticipated.”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit

Please don't kill me after you read this chapter :P

at the end is a piece of the song walk away by Kelly Clarkson

CHAPTER 16

A couple of weeks later.

Martha and Jack have had yet another fight about Rebecca, which is what they have been doing a lot lately. Rebecca has been continually flirting with Jack but he refuses to see it. Jack and Rebecca have been having seeing each other nearly every other day to talk about the baby and Martha is beginning to feel like she is the second woman in Jack’s life. Martha and Jack have been hardly spending any time with each other and when they do they fight.

“Martha!” Jack called as he banged on the bedroom door with his fist.

“What!” Martha shouted back.

Jack sighed and put his head on the door.

“I don’t want to fight,”

Martha pulled open the door, causing Jack to stumble.

“Then stay away from Rebecca,” she said.

Jack looked at her pleading face.

“Why?”

“Because she wants you Jack. Just stay away form her,”

“Martha, I can’t, she’s having my baby.” He whispered.

“In case you haven’t noticed, so am I,” Martha whispered back.

“I know. But I can’t just stay away from her, I need to support her too.”

“Fine. But don’t expect me to be ok with it,” Martha said, slamming the door in Jack’s face.

Martha flopped herself face down on the bed and began to cry.

Maliyah came out of her room and put her hand on Jack’s arm. He bent down so that her was at Mali’s height.

“Don’t worry,” she said patting his shoulder, “Mummy sometimes yells at me too, but she still loves me,”

Jack nodded.

“I’d better go talk to your mum, why don’t you go and play in your room,”

Mali nodded and skipped happily back into her room. Jack took a deep breathe and turned the door handle slowly.

He saw Martha lying on the bed, her shoulders shaking as she cried. She sat up when she heard Jack enter and tried desperately to wipe away her tears.

“Martha,” Jack said softly as he took a seat beside her, “You have to understand that I can’t just abandon Rebecca,”

“But you have to understand how I feel about it,” Martha said, looking the other way.

“Which is…” Jack pushed.

“I don’t feel comfortable about it, I saw the way she was flirting with you,”

“She wasn’t flirting with me Martha,”

“Yes she was!”

“How?”

“She touched your arm,” Martha said

“So did you,”

“Yeah but that’s just it Jack,” Martha cried jumping up, “I am allowed to, I’m your girlfriend,”

“Martha, you don’t honestly think that I would cheat on you,” Jack cried, also jumping up.

“No Jack, I don’t. But I don’t trust her,” Martha yelled

“Martha, she was just being friendly. What has got into you?”

“Me? What has got into you?” Martha screamed

“I’m not the one with the problem here,” Jack yelled

“Oh,” Martha said loudly, her arms falling by her side, “So you think I have a problem now?”

Jack opened his mouth but Martha put her hands up, “I have many problems Jack, but this one, this one is not just me,” she said walking towards the door.

“Martha! Wait that came out wrong,” Jack said grabbing her arm. Martha turned to face him and pulled her arm out of his grasp.

“Don’t touch me,” she hissed.

“Martha, please what do you want me to do?” Jack pleaded.

“I want you to open your eyes and see what that bitch is really like!” Martha yelled before leaving the room and slamming the door behind her.

Martha and Mali walked hand in hand into the surf club later that afternoon. She hadn’t spoken to or even seen Jack since their fight and she was really starting to worry. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. Her jaw dropped. There Jack was, sitting at a table with Rebecca. She had assumed that Jack would have listened to her feelings and not gone to meet Rebecca, at least until they had talked again. Jack was nodding eagerly when he spotted Martha and Mali standing in the door way. Martha shook her head at him and left. Jack got up and followed them, leaving Rebecca talking to herself.

“Martha!” Jack called, running down the beach. Martha and Mali stooped and turned to face Jack.

“What,” Martha said coldly.

“Please just understand,” Jack said. Mali looked from Jack and back to Martha, then grasped Martha’s had and squeezed it. Martha shook her head.

“This isn’t working,” Martha said, looking down at her feet.

“What isn’t,”

“This whole me, you, Rebecca bizarre triangle thing. You can’t have the best of both worlds.”

“What do you mean,”

“Us or her Jack. If its us, you don’t see her anymore. You can support her financially and be a part of the kids life but that’s it. If it’s her, then same deal. You don’t see us anymore,” Martha said softly.

“Martha…” Jack began

“I can’t keep doing this Jack. It’s not fair on me or Mali and its definitely not good for the baby. You have to make a choice.”

Jack stood there in silence. He couldn’t believe he had let it come to this. He knew Martha was not happy with him seeing Rebecca but he never guessed it was this bad. Martha stood waiting for an answer. After a few moments of silence, she sighed and turned to walk away.

“Please, Martha,” Jack whispered. Martha turned to face him.

“If you really wanted to be with me, it would be an easy decision.” Martha whispered back, before turning and walking away, walking out of Jack’s life again, taking Mali with her.

I'm looking for attention

Not another question

Should you stay or should you go?

Well, if you don't have the answer

Why are you still standin' here?

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Just walk away

Just walk away

Just walk away

I waited here for you

Like a kid waiting after school

So tell me how come you never showed (showed)?

I gave you everything

And never asked for anything

And look at me

I'm all alone (alone)

So, before you start defendin'

Baby, stop all your pretendin'

I know you know I know

So what's the point in being slow

Let's get the show on the road today

Hey

I'm looking for attention

Not another question

Should you stay or should you go?

Well, if you don't have the answer

Why are you still standin' here?

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Just walk away

Just walk away

Just walk away

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit

CHAPTER 17

2 MONTHS LATER

It was nearly Christmas and both Rebecca and Martha were 4 months pregnant. Since Martha had left, Jack and Rebecca had gotten together. They were taking things slow but he was happy or at least he thought he was. Not a day went past when Jack did not think of Martha and what he could have had.

Jack knew he had screwed things up with Martha one too many times and now he would just have to settle for second best. Rebecca was happy that her plan that the first part of her plan had succeeded, the next part would be to marry Jack, take his money, and leave him with the baby that probably was not even his.

Then she could finally return to Andrew and they could start their life together, rich and happy.

Jack thought that he was over Martha, that he was happy with Rebecca until he saw Martha again…

Martha and Mali were walking hand in hand down the beach. They were back in the bay for Christmas. Martha was happy to be back again, it seemed she was always drawn back but Mali didn’t want to be back.

The bay brought back memories of their time with Jack and Mali was angry with Jack. Jack was just like every other male she had ever known. He had walked into her life, stirred it up and left leaving her mum upset again. Martha knew she would have to face Jack while she was in the bay, not that she was looking forward to it. Martha looked down at her stomach. Her baby bump was starting to show. She had never actually told anyone about the baby, just Jack not even Mali. She knew that she would have to tell her family while she was staying with them, but she wasn’t looking forward to their reaction though. She could just see it in her head.

Ric and Alf would go and find jack and demand how he could abandon her while she was pregnant with his baby. Sal, Cassie and everyone else would fuss over her and Martha didn’t want any of this to happen. She was the one who had walked out on Jack. He didn’t deserve to be hassled by her Granddad and Ric; he was just trying to to the right thing by Rebecca, even if he had hurt Martha in the process. She sighed; it was time to face her family.

“Knock, knock,” she called banging on the door.

“Martha!” Sally said pulling her into a tight hug.

Martha laughed at Mali and Pippa as they exchanged gossip and giggles.

“Well there’s a face I haven’t seen in a while,” said Alf coming down the stairs.

Martha laughed and hugged her grandfather.

“You’ve fattened yourself up a bit,” Alf said affectionately.

Martha nodded.

“Granddad!” Mali cried, flinging her arms around him.

“Hello princess,” Alf said kissing the top of her head.

Pippa turned to face them with her hands on her hips.

“I thought I was your princess,” she said. Everyone burst out laughing.

“You’re both my princesses,” Alf said laughing kissing her on the top of her head too.

After all the greetings had been exchanged, Cassie and Ric took Pippa and Mali down to the beach and Martha decided to tell Sally and Alf about the baby.

“Sal, Granddad, I have something to tell you,” she began nervously. Sally looked up as she poured the coffee.

“You might want to come and sit down,” Martha told them. Sally handed out the mugs and then they all took a seat around the table. Both Sally and Alf wore curious expressions on their face.

“What is it love?” Alf asked.

“I’m pregnant with Jack’s baby,” Martha said, looking down into her coffee.

“Struth love,” Alf said

“I left him because he got another girl pregnant too, and I felt like he wasn’t giving me enough time,” Martha mumbled.

“You’re flamin’ joking. And he just left you for dog’s dinner. Leave you alone with two kids. Wait till I get to the mongrel, he won’t know what’s hit him!” yelled Alf as he got up.

“Granddad, no!” Martha cried, grabbing him, “I totally understand what a position Jack was in and it was my decision to leave him, not the other way round. I am not angry with Jack, and you shouldn’t be either, he was only trying to do what was right!”

“By spending all his time with another girl? That doesn’t sound right to me!”

“He was just trying to support her. Please Granddad!”

“Alright,” said Alf, sitting back down at the table.

“How far along are you?” Sally asked gently.

“Four months,” answered Martha.

“Then why don’t you move in here. You can have the baby in Summer Bay, where you will have all the help and support you need after the baby is born,” Sally offered. Martha thought about it.

“I feel like I would be imposing,” Martha said after a while.

“Oh but you wouldn’t be imposing,” Sally insisted, “In fact we would love to have you and I’m sure Pippa would love to be living in the same house as Mali. Besides, you’re family now.”

Martha smiled.

“Well, if I’m going to be moving back here, again, then I’d better go and see Jack,”

“Would you like me to come?” Alf asked.

“No, this is something I need to do on my own,”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Just before i post this next bit i would just like to point out a few things:

- Mali calls Alf granddad as it is a bit of a mouthful to say great-granddad and also becuase he is a grandfather to her as she has no other grandparents

- it has been a year since Martha and Jack first met. that means even though i never mentioned it, Martha and Jack and Mali spent Christmas together. Also, although i said that Mali was 5 at the beginning of the fic, she was actually 4 1/2 so that means she is now 5 1/2. I hope this hasn't confused too many people :P

Also just wanted to point out that this fic is coming to a close and has about 5-6 more chapters left to go. I will be strating a new one after this fic finishes to replace it :)

I guess i should also put in a warning for very mild mild mild sexual references and lanuage

And now for the update.

CHAPTER 18

Martha took a deep breath and knocked on Jack’s door. After a few seconds, the door opened revealing a familiar face.

“Martha!” exclaimed Rebecca, “What are you doing here?”

“I just want to have a chat to Jack. Is he around?” Martha asked, trying to be polite but it was hard to be nice to a person who you didn’t like.

“Actually…” Rebecca started, she was going to tell Martha that Jack wasn’t there but …

“Martha!” Jack said, coming out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. Martha immediately looked down to the ground.

“Hi,” Martha said awkwardly, her eyes still on the ground. Rebecca smirked and went over to Jack. She wrapped her arms around Jack’s bare chest and glared at Martha threateningly.

“Rebecca, do you mind if Martha and I talk privately?” Jack asked

“Yes,” Rebecca said shortly, then seeing the strange look Jack gave her quickly added, “Joking. Meet me in the diner when your finished.” She lent up and gave Jack the most passionate kiss she could muster. She wanted Martha to know where she stood. But she didn’t have to worry as Martha’s eyes were still plastered on the ground. As soon as Rebecca left, Martha’s curious eyes started to glaze over Jack, who was standing there in his towel. She had forgotten how toned his body was. Stop it, she scolded herself, you gave that up months ago.

“Well, I’m just going to get changed, make yourself at home,” Jack said, staring at Martha. He stood there for a while, just staring at her. Martha gave a small cough, just to let him know that she was aware that he was looking at her.

Jack’s eyes were immediately brought back up to her face, and they were more than happy to stay there, studying her beautiful face. Martha crossed her arms over her chest self-consciously. She wanted Jack so bad and he wanted her too. They could both feel intensity in the air and they both knew that they wouldn’t be able to resist each other for much longer.

Jack walked over to Martha. He longed to feel her body on his, longed to be able to touch her skin. Soon they were close enough to be able to touch and both could feel the chemistry there. With Rebecca, it was more a physical relationship for Jack, there was no emotion or chemistry like there was with Martha. Suddenly neither could resist temptation a second longer.

Martha jumped and wrapped her legs around Jack’s waist kissing him passionately. Jack kissed her too, while his hands worked at removing her clothes. Soon, they were both in the both in the bedroom…both knew what they were doing was wrong…yet both knew what they were doing was so right…

Down at the beach, Rebecca was talking again on the phone with Andrew.

“I can’t believe that bitch is back!” Rebecca said angrily into the phone.

“Don’t worry; we just have to get his attention back somehow…” Andrew said.

“What about an accident, something serious enough for me to go to hospital but not too dangerous, anything that could hurt me or the baby or our plan.”

“I think I have just the thing…”

Jack and Martha were lying next to each other, in the bed they used to share, panting. Neither had any regrets.

“I can’t believe Rebecca is pregnant…” Martha said, thinking out loud. Jack murmered a response.

Suddenly he turned on his side to face Martha.

“I tell you what I can’t believe; I can’t believe I got Rebecca pregnant, even though we were careful…”

“You mean?”

“Of course, I’m not as stupid as I look you know. Well, I’m not stupid enough to sleep with a bar girl and not think about the consequences.” Jack said and then added after a while, “I want to be with you Martha, we have to tell Rebecca.”

“I want to be with you too Jack…” Martha was interrupted by Jack’s phone. He reluctantly hopped out of bed and answered it.

“Rach, hi…what, o my God, yea sure I’ll be right there.” Jack hung up his phone and began rapidly pulling on his clothes.

“What?” Martha asked, sensing the urgency in his movements.

“There has been an accident, Rebecca was in it. She’s in hospital and she lost the baby!”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived