Pat the Rat.. is Back!!!

Guest simmins

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat the Rat was Patricia Hamilton, a character in the 80s soapie Sons and Daughters. Rowena played the part of this bitchy, calculating, and at times evil woman, but she did have a caring and vulnerable side so the viewers never totally lost sympathy with her.

Rowena has battled with depression and curvature-of-the-spine for many years. In 2004, CentreLink (the CES/Social Security) announced they were taking her to court for claiming incapacity benefit while she was working. Worried she would go to jail, Rowena sunk deeper into depression and attempted to commit suicide, but thankfully she was found by friends in time. However, Rowena believed she would never work again after this.

She managed to escape a jail sentence, and it now appears she is well on the road to recovery and - as we can see - her career is far from over.

Great Rowena is one of my favourite actresses i loved her in s&d all they need to do is bring ian rawlings back into neighbours now as phil and it can be wayne verses pat again then she can skip off to rio turn into alison carr marry harold and move next to charlie bartlett after finding out wayne oops phil killed susan (again) erm.

jokes aside i just cant wait to see her again she is amazing personally i took a long long break from neighbours and started watching again when harold strangled paul 2005 finale but so far 2007 has been the best season for a long time im really enjoying the

london karl susan izzy line and i wonder from yesterdays whats up with paul and im looking forward to seeing this supernatural stuff i read about in spoilers

i will never forget rowena mid series excelled herself in this hilarious scene with stephen morell when she was drunk " your boring sister barbara called boring beryl to tell her i was on the way so boring beryl......." " shut up patricia !"

Archived