Mattie and Luc say, "Turn Off Your Lights This Saturday!&quot

Guest **Julie**

I know i dont live in Australia but i did it to!

Am i the only one afraid of the global warming? I saw the movie An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore and it freaked me out! Im so afraid of whats gonna happen to the earth or whats gonna happen to the mankind :unsure::(

I agree with Elise's first post (I can't be bothered to quote :P) about how global warming is not necessarily worth all it's being made out to be. Okay, so pouring copious amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere probably isn't the wisest idea ever thought up - it's probably not benefitting the environment - BUT if you believe that the world has been in existence for billions of years, then relatively speaking we're still coming out of an ice age (it was only several hundred million years ago - a mere blink of the eye in the total lifespan of the earth) and so the atmosphere is bound to be warming up. I read somewhere that we used to be able to produce grapes on the same scale as France because of the hot summers yonks ago and the politicians then didn't scream "GLOBAL WARMING" and we're still here to tell the tale...

Oh, of course, so those 2500 climate experts who have again confirmed (if you haven’t read it maybe you should) the dire impacts global warming is already having and could further have on this planet, they’re all just scare-mongers are they?

It’s easy for us to dismiss the dangers of this problem from our comfy position in first world countries, for it is the poorest in the poorest nations who will feel the biggest impact from climate change. So tell the Bangladeshi’s in their flood-prone nation it’s all hype, tell the 75-250 million Africans at risk of being exposed to severe water shortages we have no responsibility for the carbon we’re emitting into this planet. Tell the polar bears whose habitat is literally breaking way underneath them and the other thirty percent of plant and animal species at increased risk of extinction.

And take some responsibility for what we as a human race are doing to the world we live in.

Burr, I agree with you. But their is no point recyling and trying to be all Eco-friendly when countries like Korea and the USA are tesing Nuclear warheads and causing a hell of alot more pollution than we would driving a car.

And I am on Elise's side aswell. All these people are saying Global Warming is a huge problem, yet they fly all around the world polluting the air. Doesn't make sense. In my eyes, THEY (The ones who blame us for gobal warming) are the being the biggest pollutants.

We might just as well live in caves and cook our food over fire and drive like the Flintstones did. :P

I'm not saying recyling is pointless, it's compulsory in some parts of this country and where I live, but it's not going to help when other things are going on.

Anyways, we are bound to go into another Ice Age sometime, so what's all the fuss about rising temperatures!? :P

Archived