Summer Secrets

Guest kaciexox

Wow this looked longer when i typed it....but oh well

CHAPTER 10

Ric was sitting on a chair in the hospital waiting room, with his hands behind his head. Cassie had just arrived at the hospital five minutes after Ric had and Beth, another ten minutes after that. Cassie had called Tony and Sally but they probably wouldn’t arrive for another 10 minutes. Ric was frustrated because no one would tell him what was going on. He was so worried and he couldn’t help but think that if they had gotten there earlier…maybe things would be different. Cassie could tell what Ric was thinking, she put her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her, bringing his hands to his laps. Cassie could see the tears forming in his eyes. She sighed and pulled Ric into a tight hug. Suddenly Ric could no longer hold back as he let his tears flow freely from his eyes. Cassie clung to him, and they sat there, the two of them, crying for the life of their friend.

Two hours later, nearly the whole town knew about the accident and many of Mattie and Beth’s friends and family were waiting in the hospital. There had been hardly any news on them except that Beth was bleeding internally and had to go into surgery. Mattie, Rachel said, had also go into surgery but would probably be alright. Everyone sat in silence, comforting each other and waiting for news on their loved ones. Soon Rachel came out and everyone turned to her, in hope that there would be some good news.

“Mattie’s out of surgery, she’s not awake yet but she looks like she’s going to be ok.” She said.

“When can we see her?” asked Ric jumping up.

“I’m sorry Ric, but only family are allowed at the moment, she’s too weak.” Rachel answered apologetically.

“Rachel, please,” Ric begged. Rachel sighed and nodded her head.

“I suppose we can make an exception. Tony, are you going to go in with Ric?” Tony shook his head.

“I can’t,” he whispered choking on his tears, “I’m sorry, I just can’t.” Tony ran from the hospital room. Lucas and Jack exchanged looks before running after their father.

Ric walked into Mattie’s room and looked at her unconscious body. She looked so angelic and her body so relaxed. However, he knew that she was fighting a battle and that really her body was just tired from fighting. He took a seat by her bedside and held her hand. Ric could tell that Mattie knew he was there even though she was unconscious. And he also knew, that his presence would give her strength to keep fighting on.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

thanks guys :) here is the next bit. It was supposed to be a part of the last chapter but i forgot it that is why it is so short :P I didn't want to put anything else in the chapter because i sort wanted to finish this part before all the drama startes. It pretty boring but anywayzz here it is

CHAPTER 11

Ric was sitting by Mattie’s bedside holding her hand. He didn’t want to let go, he didn’t want to leave her. Sally, Cassie and everyone had tried to get him to have a rest, go for a walk or at least eat something. But he couldn’t. It had only been a couple of hours since the accident and Ric wasn’t ready to leave Mattie’s side, not yet.

He had a sick feeling in his stomach, probably from worry or maybe because he hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. He couldn’t cry anymore because he felt like there were no more tears left. He felt sick, worried, upset but he also felt angry. He was angry with Tony for not coming to see Mattie. He just got up and walked away, as if nothing else mattered except how he felt. Mattie needed him here, she needed her dad.

Beth had not yet come out of surgery, and it had been hours with no word on her. But Ric’s main concern was his girlfriend.

Ric had been sitting in Mattie’s room for hours. He wasn’t doing anything when Rachel came in, just being there. She walked in with a sad look on her face.

Ric could here screaming outside, it sounded like Tony. It’s about time he came back, Ric thought to himself. Rachel took a seat beside him and put a hand on his shoulder. Ric turned to face her and saw the look in her eyes. It was a look of sadness and failure.

“I’m really sorry Ric,” Rachel whispered, “but Beth didn’t make it through surgery.” Rachel got up and left quickly, leaving Ric alone with Mattie again.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit :P

CHAPTER 12

It had been two weeks since the accident, two long weeks. Matilda still hadn’t woken up despite what the doctors had said, and now they were getting doubtful about if she would ever wake up. Tony and the rest of the Holden/Hunters were beginning to accept Beth’s death. Ric was distraught. Since it was holidays, everyday he came and sat by Mattie’s beside, holding her hand and praying that she would wake up.

But as each day passed, Mattie waking up was getting more and more unlikely to happen. A few days after Beth’s death, Henry, Kit, Scott, Haley and Noah, and Robbie, Tasha and Ella had come back to the bay to support their family, to be with Mattie and be there for the funeral. However, Ric had insisted that they wait for Mattie before having the funeral. But even he knew, that if Mattie didn’t wake up soon, they would have to have the funeral as the others had to go back to their homes.

Ric was sitting in his usual spot my Mattie’s beside. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Suddenly he felt a twinge in Mattie’s fingers. Ric, who was slumped over in his chair sat up abruptly. He desperately squeezed her hand again.

“Come on Mattie. Come on babe,” Ric muttered as he prayed that she would squeeze his hand back. He got his wish. Ric felt Mattie’s fingers slowly close around his own.

“Oh my God. Mattie, can you here me?” Ric asked gripping her hand tighter. Matilda’s eyes fluttered.

“Ric,” she murmured.

“I’m here Mattie. I’ll just go and get Rachel,” Ric said jumping up from his seat.

“No!” Mattie said, “No stay here,” Ric who was at the door immediately turned back around and skidded back to her side.

“Ok. I’m not going anywhere,” Ric said stroking Mattie’s head. He reached up and pressed the button that would summon the nurse.

Ten minutes later, Rachel had come in and given Mattie the all-clear even though she wanted to keep her overnight for observation. She stood back and smiled as she saw Ric looking lovingly down at Matilda. He couldn’t seem to take his eyes off her. But Rachel knew that the moment would be destroyed when Mattie learnt of her mothers fate. She also knew that Matilda would soon be asking about her mum and she knew that Ric would have to be the one to tell his girlfriend the awful news.

“How’s mum?” Mattie asked smiling. There it was, Rachel thought to herself, the question with an answer that would change Matilda’s life forever. She gave Ric a small reassuring smile before quietly leaving the room.

Ric watched her leave and wished with all his might that she would return. He wished he could give Mattie the answer she was expecting. He wished that there was no reason for Rachel to leave the room. But, he knew there was, it was an awful reason but it was a reason, the awful truth. And Ric knew that the time had come to tell Mattie as much as he didn’t want to. Even though, Ric knew he had to be the one to do this, he didn’t want to, he couldn’t bear to see the girl he loved heart’s torn into two. He took a deep breath.

“Mattie, I’m sorry. She didn’t make it through surgery,” Ric whispered clutching her hand.

The smile immediately faded off Mattie’s face as the terrible news sank in. Her mum dead. Is that what Ric was trying to tell her? Was this some kind of sick joke? But Mattie knew Ric would never ever do that to her. As Mattie realized that her mum was gone she broke down. She felt as though she was drowning in her own tears. She felt Ric pull her in close to him and she let him hold her.

Her mum, her best friend…gone …. Forever.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• 3 weeks later...

here is the final part :)

And it will be set 2 years in the future instead of one

and here it is please tell me what you think

enjoy :D

CHAPTER 13

2 YEARS LATER

“Dad-da,” mumbled Amelia.

Sally gasped as she realized that her daughter had just said her first word. She felt tears form in her eyes as she grasped her husband’s hand under the table.

Her baby, even tough she was only 1year old, was growing up. Brad squeezed her hand and smiled softly. Pippa’s hand flew to her mouth.

“Did you hear that mum? Mum, did you hear that mum?” Pippa squealed excitedly.

“I did sweetheart”

All three pairs of eyes watched Amelia in her highchair, all ears listening intently to hear to she repeated herself.

But Amelia didn’t even seem to notice all the attention in her, she just picked up her breakfast and smeared it down her top.

She then laughed and clapped her hands together, amused at her mother’s shocked face. Sally sighed and got up from her chair.

“Ok missy,” she said, taking Amelia from her chair and sitting her on her hip, “let’s get you cleaned up. We’ve got a big day ahead of us.”

Mattie sighed and flopped down onto the lounge. 2 years and 2 weeks ago, had been the accident and her mum had died.

And now, today it would be Jack and Martha’s renewal of vows. Ric sat down next to her and pulled her towards him.

Mattie rested her head on Ric’s chest and looked down at the sparkling engagement ring, which had sat on her left hand for three weeks now.

Ric kissed the top of her head, then got up and lef her out the front door.

Martha stood in front of her mirror and looked at herself in her dress. Her hands ran over her heavily pregnant stomach.

She wished that Tasha could have come over for the ceremony, but more than ever she wished Beth was by her side. She had been like a mum to her.

Martha had been looking forward to this day for what seemed like years.

Looking back now, Martha could not believe how stupid she had been falling for Cam’s tricks and not listening to Jack’s warnings.

But everything had turned out alright and now she had her own little family: her, Jack and the new baby which was due in a week.

2 hours later, everyone was gathered on the beach. Sally was there, holding Amelia with Brad and Pippa. Ric with his arm around Matilda.

Tony and Lucas, Dan Leach VJ and Ryan, Drew and Belle, Jules and Cassie, Colleen and Alf, Kim and Rachel with their daughter Jada, Peter and even Amanda had all come to witness the vow renewals.

Jack and Martha stood facing each other, at the front of the group, ready to pledge their love for each other.

“Martha, from the very first time I saw you, I knew you were the one. And since then, boy have we been through some tough times.

But we always got through the problems and I know we always will. And now like it or not Mac, your stuck with me for life,” Jack laughed, Martha giggled at him, “Were going to have our own family and we’re going to grown old together.

I love you now Martha Mackenzie and I always will.”

Everyone applauded at Jack’s heartfelt vows and now it was Martha’s turn.

“Jack…” Martha began but stopped, her hand flew to her stmach and her face scrunched up in pain.

“Martha,” Jack said, “Are you ok?”

Martha nodded.

“Yeah, sorry it was just a hard kick. Anyway I’ll continue, Jack Holden I can’t express how much I love…” Martha’s face turned white.

“Martha,” Jack cried, “Oh my God Martha what is it?”

“I think my waters just broke…”

THE END

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Comments

Archived