Guest kaciexox

Story Title: Summer Secrets

Type of story: Short/Medium fic

Main Characters: Many

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Mixture

Does story include spoilers: Yes

Any warnings: V/D SC L

Summary: Follows life in Summer Bay. It basically picks up from current storylines excluding Kit storyline and Kelli storyline.

Just a few spoilers:

Martha makes a shocking decision

Matilda must choose

Jack has one last chance

Sally has a secret

A terrible tragedy strikes summer bay

enjoy :)

Ok, so here is chapter 1. Sorry it's a bit short. Its my first fan fiction, so tell me what you think. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1

Sally Fletcher was sitting on her bed, alone in her room, thinking. She knew it was impossible but... ‘No’, she told herself, ‘it’s impossible, there’s no point in even thinking about it.’ But still she couldn’t help wondering if maybe, there was some chance …

Mattie and Ric were sitting at a table in the diner, holding hands across the table.

“So, do you know when your mum’s getting back?” Ric asked Mattie.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe I forgot to tell you,” Mattie said excitedly, “She’s coming home this afternoon… and Tash and Ella are also coming for a holiday!”

“That’s great! Not Robbie?”

“Nah, he’s got exams.”

“Oh….” They were interrupted by Ric’s phone ringing.

“Hello. Oh, hey Sal, yea, yea that’s fine. No really, it’s fine. Ok. I’ll be right over. Bye.”

He frowned as he hung up.

“What?” asked Mattie.

“That was weird. I have to go and help Cas mind Pippa while Sally goes somewhere.”

“Oh, where?”

“I dunno. She wouldn’t say.”

“Ok. Well, I guess I’ll see you later then.”

“Yea ok. Sorry.” Said Ric as he got up, bent over and kissed her

CHAPTER 2

(sorry its short)

Mattie walked up to the front door of her house and sighed. She wondered what was up with Sally.

“Hello,” she called as she opened the door, “Is anyone home? Oh hey Luc, I didn’t see you there”

He didn’t answer

“Hello,” said Mattie sarcastically, as she dumped her bag on the table, “earth to Lucas!”

“Oh, sorry, hey,”

“Is something wrong?” Mattie asked, she had known him long enough to know when something was up.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing”

“Lucas, look, I know this whole thing with Drew and Belle has been hard, but you know you can always talk to me.”

“Actually, it’s not that”

“Then what is it?” Mattie was starting to get worried.

“Well….

---------------------------

“Hey, Sally, what can I do for you,” said Amy, the receptionist at the hospital.

“Actually, I was hoping for a minute with Rachel...”

“Um, ok sure, take a seat. Dr. Armstrong will be out in a minute.”

“Sure. Thanks”

As Sally sat down, she remembered that she had to call Martha. She dialed her number, hoping that this conversation would go better than the last one they had had.

“Hey Martha, its Sally”

“What do you want,” Martha’s voice on the other end of the line, sounded tired yet still stubborn and fiery.

“Actually, I’m ringing to invite you to Beth’s coming home party, it’s tonight and …” Martha cut her off.

“Sorry, I’m working tonight.” She didn’t sound didn’t sound sorry at all.

“Look Martha I know your working tonight but, I thought you might want to be there because Tash is coming down for a holiday, and she bringing Ella…”

NEXT CHAPTER: Will Martha come to the party?

Matilda is faced with a choice

Cam makes a shocking proposal

What is sally doing at the hospital?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

CHAPTER 3

Previously in Summer Bay:

“Is something wrong?” Mattie asked, she had known him long enough to know when something was up.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing”

“Lucas, look, I know this whole thing with Drew and Belle has been hard, but you know you can always talk to me.”

“Actually, it’s not that”

“Then what is it?” Mattie was starting to get worried.

“Well….

-----

“Hey, Sally, what can I do for you,” said Amy, the receptionist at the hospital.

“Actually, I was hoping for a minute with Rachel...”

-----

“Actually, I’m ringing to invite you to Beth’s coming home party, it’s tonight and …” Martha cut her off.

“Sorry, I’m working tonight.” She didn’t sound sorry at all.

“Look Martha I know your working tonight but, I thought you might want to be there because Tash is coming down for a holiday, and she bringing Ella…”-----

“Who was that?” asked Cam, as Martha put her phone back onto the table.

“Sally.”

“Not again. What did she want?”

“Um… nothing, you know what it doesn’t matter. But I don’t think I’ll be able to work tonight.”

“Ok…why?” Cam was confused, half an hour earlier Martha had called to tell him to cancel that night’s dancer because she was happy to do it. Lucky he hadn’t canceled just yet.

“I just need some time… Look Cam I have to go…”

“Martha, wait.” Cam pulled her back.

“Yea?”

“Listen, I got a call about 15 minutes ago from an old friend. He wants to buy this club.”

“What!”

“Yea, well he owns a couple of clubs himself, in England. He’s moving to Australia and wants to know if I want to buy a share in his clubs.”

“That’s great Cam!” Said Martha enthusiastically, as she turned to leave.

“Martha, wait, there’s more. See since he is moving to Australia, I’d have to move to England. It’s an incredible offer that could make me millions of dollars. I’ve thought about it, and I really want to go, but if I go, it will be early, tomorrow morning. Martha, I want you to come with me.”

Martha stared at him, she could tell he was being serious.

“Cam, just because I’m fighting with my family and friends doesn’t mean I’m willing to leave the country with you. In fact, Sally wanted to know if I could go to a party tonight and I said yes. My best friend who lives in America is coming. I thought it would be a good chance to make things right with Sally and everyone else. I’m sorry Cam, but you can’t expect me to leave my home.” And with that, she left…

-----

“Hey Cass, is Ric around?” Mattie asked as she walked slowly into the Fletcher house.

“He’s upstairs with Pippa, Mattie is something wrong”?” Cassie said, she knew Mattie was hiding something from her.

“It’s Luc,” said Mattie, sitting next to Cassie on the lounge.

“I should have guessed. I can’t believe Belle would cheat on him like that and with Drew. Gosh that must be…” She was cut off by Mattie.

“Actually, it’s nothing to do with Belle.”

“Well then what is it? Mattie we’re best friends, you can talk to me.”

“I know,” she sighed, “he’s still in love with me Cass, he told me!”

“What? Did u tell him how you feel, about Ric?”

“Well that’s just it Cas, I dunno how I feel. About Ric, about Luc… This ‘confession’ has made me confused. Am I only with Ric because I’m not with Luc? Oh gosh, what am I going to do? I just don’t know how I feel anymore.”

NEXT CHAPTER:

Will Mattie figure out her feelings

Beth’s coming home party…will everything go according to plan?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

CHAPTER 4

Mattie sighed as she lay on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. She was glad that Cassie and Ric had agreed to come to the party that night, but she knew she had to figure out her feelings before then… She rolled over onto her side and drifted off to sleep, thinking about Ric and Lucas and the decision she had to make.

“Mattie, Mattie, Mattie wake up!” Said Tony softly, shaking her shoulders gently. Mattie groaned, and rolled onto her back. She sat up abruptly, realising she must have fallen asleep.

“Oh my God, what time is it?” she said rubbing her eyes. She couldn’t believe she had fallen asleep. Although she wished she hadn’t, the dream she had had made her feelings clear. She had to speak with Lucas.

“It’s 5 o’clock, Mattie. Everyone will be here in half an hour. You have to be quick getting ready.” Tony said as he got up and left her room. Mattie swore under her breath as she jumped up and got into the shower. Her talk with Lucas would have to wait… her mum was coming home!

-----

“Hey,” said Ric, as he leaned into to kiss Mattie. She looked beautiful as always. She was wearing a stunning dress, and her hair was curled. He was so lucky that she was his. Mattie pushed Ric away as tried to kiss her. Although she knew how she felt, she still hadn’t talked to Lucas, she felt bad pushing him away, but she wasn’t in the mood.

“Mattie, what’s wrong?” Ric sounded hurt. She sighed. No matter who she chose, someone was still going to get hurt.

“Nothing, sorry, I guess I’m just a bit anxious, with mum coming home and all.” He just shrugged and walked away. She could tell he was confused. She had to talk to Lucas now.

-----

Martha entered the party, feeling a little nervous. She looked around and saw that Beth and Tash hadn’t arrived yet. She sighed, she needed her best friend now more than ever.

“Martha, you came.” Martha looked up to see Sally approaching her.

“I needed to come, I need to see Tash,” Martha answered coldly. She wasn’t ready to face her family yet. She pushed past Sally and made her way over to get a drink. She saw Jack looking at her out of the corner of her eye. She knew she should apologise but she couldn’t. Not yet.

-----

“Luc,” said Mattie, he looked up and saw her. God she was beautiful, he thought to himself. “We need to talk, in private.” He followed her to her bedroom and they sat on her bed facing each other.

“Luc, I’ve thought about what you said this morning,” Mattie began, Lucas held his breath. “And the truth is, your right, I do have feelings for you. But they are not as strong as the feelings I have for Ric. I will always love you Luc, you were my first love, but not my last…” Lucas wasn’t even listening anymore, he was so caught up in her beauty. He was so in love with her, her eyes, her face, her lips… He leaned in and before he knew what he was doing, their lips had met, this felt so right to him. Mattie was so shocked, it took a few seconds for her react. She pushed him away.

“Lucas…” she began, but then her eyes fell on the shadowy figure standing in the doorway. “Ric…” but it was too late, he was already gone. Mattie jumped up and ran after him but was it too late? Had she already lost the person she loved?

NEXT CHAPTER:

Has Matilda lost Ric forever?

How does Tash react when she finds out what Martha has been up to?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

ok here is chapter 5 enjoy :)

CHAPTER 5

Mattie ran out of her room just in time to see the front door open.

“MUM!” Mattie cried as she held her mother in a tight embrace. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ric grab a drink and sit onto the lounge. She couldn’t believe what had just happened with Lucas. The kiss just confirmed her feelings, it didn’t feel right. She wanted to be with Ric. Finally Mattie pulled away from her mum to let her be greeted by her other friends and family. She was so glad her mum was back, she wasn’t only her mum but her best friend too.

Martha stood back and watched Tash, Beth and Ella be greeted by the others. She felt awkward being around her family and friends again, after fighting for so long. But she was only here to see Tash and Ella, she reminded herself, she wasn’t ready to apologise yet. Finally, Tash saw Martha in the far corner of the room. She handed baby Ella, who was not much of a baby anymore, to Beth and made her way over to her best friend.

“Mac” she said softly as she hugged Martha tightly. Martha let herself be held by Tash; gradually she found her arms returning the hug. She had missed this, when Tash had left, Martha had become lonely. She was so glad to have Tash back, even if it was only for a holiday. They broke apart and gazed at each other. No words needed to be spoken, Tash knew about what had been going on with Martha and she could see by looking into her eyes that she wasn’t herself. Martha felt tears well up in her eyes and felt them slowly glide down her cheek. She looked up only to see that Tash was crying too. They laughed softly, wiped the tears from their eyes and hugged again briefly.

“Now where’s that gorgeous goddaughter of mine,” said Martha, still crying, still laughing. It felt good to be herself again. It felt good to have let down that barrier that had separated her new self from her old. Tash grabbed Martha’s hand and lead her to see Ella. They would talk later…

After greeting everyone, Lucas walked over to Mattie. He needed to tell her he was sorry, he needed to know that their friendship was still strong. If he couldn’t have her as a girlfriend, he needed her as a friend. He didn’t know what he would do if she wasn’t in his life.

“Mattie…” he began.

“Lucas, please. Just leave me alone.” Mattie knew what he was going to say, but she didn’t want to hear it, not yet. Ric was one of the most important people in her life and because of Lucas; she may have lost him forever. Maybe, soon she would listen, forgive him but not yet.

“Mattie,” Lucas pleaded, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know what I was doing…” Mattie didn’t care what he had to say. She looked around and caught Ric’ eye. He could see she was talking to Lucas, he could almost feel the intensity of their words. He didn’t know what they were saying, but he couldn’t watch them together anymore. He got up and quietly but quickly left the room. Mattie saw him leave and started to go after him. She was stopped by Lucas who had pulled her back.

“Mattie, he just needs some space…” he began but Mattie cut him off. She pulled her arm away and turned to look at him. He saw that fiery look in her eye, the look that he had once admired but now that it was directed at him, he felt her determination and stopped talking.

“Lucas, don’t tell me what my boyfriend needs. Don’t you think you have caused enough trouble tonight?” and with those as her last words, she turned and ran after Ric.

(Sorry it was such a short chapter, next one will be longer)

NEXT CHAPTER:

Will Ric forgive Mattie?

Tash confronts Martha, how will she react?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

CHAPTER 6

“Ric!” Mattie shouted as she chased him from the house. He was walking quite quickly, but Mattie was running and she soon caught up with him. She grabbed onto his arm and pulled him around to face her. Looking at him, she saw the looks of hurt and betrayal in his eyes. He looked so sad, which made her want to just hold him and take the pain away. “Please Ric, just let me explain,” He tried to turn around again, but Mattie still had hold of his arms. “Please,” she begged. No matter how angry he was at her, looking in her eyes, he gave in to her pleads. They sat down together in the grass.

“It’s not what you think…” Mattie started. “Lucas told me this morning that he was still in love with me.”

“And let me guess, your sorry, but your in love with him too,” Ric spat hastily. He knew he shouldn’t speak to her like that, but he was so angry. He had loved her after all.

“No, that’s just it, I love you. I told him tonight at the party that I wanted to be with you…”

“But, I saw you kissing him…” Ric was confused. He saw what he saw but now she was trying to tell him that it never happened. It didn’t make sense.

“No, that was him kissing me,” Mattie explained, “I never kissed him back. I was in such shock when he kissed me, and that’s why I took a while to react. Please Ric, please forgive me, I love you.” He sighed and took her hand in his.

“I do,” he said. He kissed her hand and then brought his head up. He looked into her eyes and saw that she was genuinely sorry. He leaned forward and their lips met…

“Let’s go for a walk,” suggested Ric, pulling away from her.

“Where?” Mattie asked rubbing his hand. It felt so good to have him back.

“The beach,” he replied and with that, they got up and walked, hand in hand down to the beach.

“Hey, Mac,” said Tasha, walking over to where Martha was standing in the corner. “We need to talk.” Martha sighed, she knew what this would be about and she really didn’t want to hear it. But judging for the look on Tash’s face, she didn’t have a say in the matter. “Mac, I know what has been going on with you lately but I don’t understand it,” Tasha began. Martha rolled eyes, here we go, she thought, another lecture. Jack, who was standing near by, sighed, when would Martha wake up to herself? “Martha, please just listen. Look, I know that you’ve been pushing away your family and friends but please let me in. I’m your best friend, you can talk to me.”

“Oh please Tash, don’t you think I’ve had enough of these lectures? I don’t need another one, especially not from you! This is me now and if you can’t accept me then we are no longer friends!” Martha yelled. Everyone turned to stare at her and Ella started crying. Tash walked quickly over to try to console her daughter.

“What kind of person have you turned into? I don’t know you anymore, your not the Martha I once knew.” Said Tash softly, still trying to soothe Ella’s cries.

“Well I’m obviously not welcome here so I’ll just go,” Martha said turning on her heel and storming out of the party. Tash watched her go and then turned to face Jack. She saw by the look in his eyes that something was wrong, and it wasn’t just worry for Martha.

“Jack is something wrong,” Tash, asked, patting Ella’s back.

“Who is she, she’s not the person I fell in love with all those years ago.” Jack said, still staring at the door, as if he was calling Martha back with his eyes. Suddenly Tash could see it; it was so obvious that she couldn’t believe she was only just noticing it.

“Your still in love with her, aren’t you?” Jack finally pulled his eyes away from the door to look at Tash.

“I don’t think I ever stopped.”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

note: i know this was such a short chapter but i really wanted to leave it on a happy note because next update will be anything but happy realationship wise

• 2 weeks later...

this chapter is mainly about martha

CHAPTER 7

Ric and Mattie were walking hand in hand along the beach. It was beautiful. Although it was dark, the full moon was providing them with enough light. They were walking at the waters edges, letting the water wash in around their bare feet.

“It’s getting late, let’s go back to the party,” Ric whispered. Mattie nodded and they headed up towards the house.

“Ric is that Martha?” asked Mattie pointing to a lone figure sitting on the sand. Her legs were bent and her head resting on her knees. She was rocking back and forth and she seemed to be crying. Ric squinted into the darkness.

“Oh my God,” he said, realising it was Martha. He began running towards her with Mattie close behind him. When he reached her, he sat down beside her, while Mattie stood next to Ric, looking worriedly at Martha. Ric put his arm around her and she looked up at him, revealing a tear stained face.

“Ric…” she began.

“Shh,” Ric soothed, “It’s ok, you don’t have to explain.” He pulled her into a hug. Martha let herself be held for a while before she pulled away.

“Ric, I can’t stay here anymore,” Martha said. Ric looked at her strangely.

“What?” he asked.

“I said I can’t stay here anymore. It’s not fair on him anymore…” Ric cut her off.

“Not fair on who Martha?”

“Jack!” Martha exclaimed, Jack looked at her, confused, “I’m still in love with him Ric and he’s not in love with me. I need to go away so that I can move on without always dragging him down with my problems. With me gone, he will be able to live his life without always worrying about me. It’s the right thing to do, I know it is. I need to let him get on with his life.”

“But what about you Martha?”

“I can start my life without Jack. I need to get over him but I can’t do that while living here, with him. I don’t want to leave Ric, but I can’t keep ruining Jack’s life. I’m doing it for him.”

“And you think, you moving away will make him happy?” Ric yelled angrily. Martha ignored him.

“Where will you go?” asked Mattie quietly.

“I’ll move to England,” Martha whispered, “with Cam.” With those as he last words, she got up and ran. Ric and Mattie followed her all the way back to the party. Martha barged in and everyone turned to look at her.

“I thought I’d better do this while everyone’s here,” Martha yelled, “I’m moving to England tomorrow morning with Cam.”

“Martha…” Sally began.

“Sally, don’t try and stop me because I’m going no matter what you think,” Martha said angrily.

“Martha, please, you don’t have to do this,” Jack said softly.

“Yes I do Jack.”

“Why?”

“You wouldn’t understand,” Martha spat coldly. Then she turned and left the party. Jack turned back to Tash. He was so hurt. He didn’t know what was wrong with Martha but it was obvious she didn’t want him around. Task looked at Jack’s hurt face.

“If you love her Jack, go after her. You can stop her. She’ll listen to you,” Jack shook his head.

“No. She doesn’t want me to be a part of her life anymore. She loves Cam now. She would just push me further away,” Tasha didn’t agree but didn’t argue. She didn’t want to upset Jack anymore.

“Hey,” said Martha as she walked into Cam’s office at the Rocket Club.

“What are you doing here?” asked Cam angrily.

“Cam, please. I’m so sorry. You were right. My family and friends are just trying to interfere,” Martha said apologetically.

“Well, I appreciate that Martha but I have a plane to catch in the morning, so if you’ll excuse me,”

“Cam. I want to come with you.” Cam looked up at her.

“You do?” Martha nodded. He smiled. He went over to her and kissed her passionately. She kissed him back but it didn’t feel right. It wasn’t Jack.

NEXT CHAPTER – Will Jack try to stop Martha?

- Sally talks to Brad about what’s bothering her

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

ok i thought id better post this because i don't know when i will next get a chance

CHAPTER 8

Jack turned over in his bed. He looked at the clock, it was 6:30 am. He sighed, Martha was leaving for England in two hours. He pushed the thought of Martha out of his mind. ‘She doesn’t want you in her life’, he reminded himself. He turned back over and closed his eyes.

An hour later, Jack got up and made himself some breakfast. He sat at the table, his food in front on him. But he couldn’t eat, he had lost his appetite. No matter how hard he tried, Jack couldn’t push the thought of Martha out of his mind. Suddenly he knew what he had to do. Tash was right, what did he have to lose? He got up and left the house, leaving his untouched breakfast on the table.

“Brad,” said Sally, softly, “we need to talk. Now before the kids get up.” Brad nodded, his mouth full of food. He gestured to the seat next to him. He swallowed his food and turned to face Sally.

“Sure, what’s up?” Sally took a deep breath and began.

“Well, you know that a couple of years ago I had a cancer scare which caused my infertility,” Brad nodded, “well, they were wrong.” Brad looked at her, confused. Sally continued, “What I’m trying to say is, I’m pregnant.” Just at that moment Cassie, holding a sleepy Pippa, and Ric came through the door laughing. Their laughter soon subsided when they saw Brad and sally’s serious faces.

“What’s going on?” Cassie asked worriedly.

“You’d better sit down.” Brad answered.

Jack ran into the airport. He scanned the room for Martha. Suddenly he saw her. She was with Cam about to board her plane. He took a deep breath and ran towards her.

“Martha,” Jack called to her. Martha turned around. She looked confused and yet Jack thought he saw a hint of relief in her eyes.

“Jack, what are you doing here?” asked Martha angrily. Deep down, Martha was happy to see him but…

“Please Martha. Don’t do this,” Jack begged.

“Jack,” said Martha softly, “I have to.”

“Why?” Martha put her head down.

“Look mate, she doesn’t want you here,” said Cam angrily to Jack.

“Look mate,” said Jack sarcastically, “This is none of your business!” Cam pushed Jack and Jack grabbed Cam by the collar.

“No, Jack, don’t,” Martha pleaded. Jack let go of Cam reluctantly. Martha turned to Cam. “Cam, just give me a moment with Jack, alone.” Cam turned on his heel and took a seat on the waiting seats. Jack pulled Martha away so he could talk to her privately.

“Martha, look, you don’t have to do this, just come home, please.” Martha turned away.

“Jack, you don’t understand, I have to.”

“Why?”

“Because…I’m in love with you Jack,” Jack looked shocked so Martha continued, “I have to go so I can move on from you and so you can live your life without always having to deal with my problems. I know you don’t love me Jack and that’s ok, but just let me go, let me get over you.”

Jack stared at her for a while, processing what she had said.

“But that’s just it Martha, I do love you,” Martha looked up at him, shocked. They held eye contact for a moment, it was enough to send chills down Martha’s spine. She lent in and their lips met in a passionate embrace. Cam, who had been watching from his seat, came over to them.

“What the hell is going on here?” he yelled.

“Sorry mate,” said Jack slapping Cam on the shoulder, as an announcement came over the loud speaker, “But I think that’s your flight.” Cam turned and walked away scowling. Martha laughed and kissed Jack again.

“Thanks mum for driving me to Ric’s,” said Matilda. Beth had agreed to drive Mattie to Ric’s. Beth turned to face her daughter and smiled, her eyes leaving the road for a second.

“Mum!” Mattie screamed, “Watch out!” But Beth turned to face the road too late. A car came speeding towards them and smashed into their car sending it spinning off the road where it crashed into a tree…

NEXT CHAPTER – Who will die?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Here is the next bit sorry its so short :P

CHAPTER 9

Cassie sighed as she lent out of the car window and let the rush of air engulf her face. She let it sweep away her thoughts and troubles, as she smelt the salty ocean breeze. Ric looked over at her and laughed. Cassie punched him playfully in the arm. Her laughter soon subsided as her eyes fell on a car smashed in a free.

“Ric” she shouted, "look isn’t that Beth’s car?

‘Oh My God” said Ric as he swerved the car off the road and jumped out. He ran over to the car with Cassie hot on his heels.

“Call an ambulance,” he screamed as he reached the car. Ric ran to the passenger side and saw Mattie. She was unconscious and bleeding from behind her ear. Bur Beth was in a far worse situation. Her side of the car had taken the brunt of the tree and it would be almost impossible to get to her.

“Mattie”, Ric cried as he opened the car door and felt her neck for a pulse. He got one. “Mattie, Mattie, its Ric, please wake up!” Ric said as he squeezed her hand. He saw her eyelids flutter.

“Ric” she murmured.

“It’s ok, I'm here. We’re going to get you out of here.” Ric whispered softly as he stroked her face. Suddenly Mattie started screaming and crying.

“What is it, Mattie” Ric cried. He looked down and saw blood seeping from her t-shirt. Cassie ran over to him.

“Ambulance is on their way… oh my God what’s wrong?” Cassie cried as she saw Mattie. Mattie was still crying but no longer screaming.

“I Dunno!” Ric shouted “Her stomachs bleeding.”

“Ric” Mattie screamed. Ric turned quickly to face her.

“Shh, Mattie, it’s ok, I’m not going anywhere.’ Ric soothed.

“Mum. What about mum?’ Mattie sobbed.

‘Ambulance is coming. They will get her out. It’s going to be ok.’ Cassie stood back watching Ric and Mattie. Tears were running down her cheeks. She thought back to that morning when Ric had suggested they go for a drive. It seemed like an eternity ago. Her thoughts were soon jolted back to reality by the screeching of sirens.

10 minutes later Matilda was being loaded into ambulance and ready to go to the hospital. However, Beth hadn’t yet been freed from the car. Ric was about to get into the ambulance to go to the hospital with Mattie. He turned the face Cassie and pulled her into a tight hug before he turned and ran to the ambulance. He stopped suddenly.

“Take my car,” he yelled as he threw his keys to Cassie, and call Tony.” Then Ric jumped in the ambulance and it speed towards the hospital.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived