Changing clocks - Don't forget!

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always used to be 11 hours...I tihnk.

Becuase when I'm talking to my cousin, its always 11 hours, and shes in Tunbridge Wells.

I think it depends where abouts in Australia you live. I know that there are different time zones within Australia itself, and since all of the UK is on the same time, then different places in Australia will be different numbers of hours ahead of the UK. *if that makes sense*

With regards to the moving backwards/forwards thing... If it's 00:00GMT and 11:00am in Australia, just for argument's sake, then if we move forward an hour so it's 01:00 and Australia move back an hour (like what happens in the British summer) then it's 10:00am in Australia. Previously, there's an eleven hour time difference, with the time alterations, there's now only a nine hour difference.

Damn you, timezones! :P

Edit: Put more simply, for the time differences to stay the same in both countries, then we'd both have to move an hour in the same direction (ie either backwards or forwards) and we don't. So, therefore, the difference can't stay the same.

People I speak to in Sydney are 11 hours ahead but my friend in Perth is 9 hours ahead so I always just assumed it was to do with time differences in Aus. I might be wtong though.

Archived