Coronation Street

Di

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think David is Maybe crying out for attention, but his family can't seem to see it. Last night when he was in the sitting room of his house, or Gail's house anyway, he seemed to be opening up to his Mother. When Gail however asked him not to attend Sarah's wedding, you could see how hurt he was. I think at that time it was very insenstive of Gail to ask him not to attend the wedding, especially as he was starting to open up to her. I think she could have waited for another time to ask him. I'm not really surprised he stormed off the way he did when she said what she did. Sarah seems to be gloating in humiliating him every chance she gets, and I don't really care for Tina O' Briens character for this. Jason on the other hand is acting far more mature than Sarah Louise is. All in all, I think that David needs to get himself sorted out, nd Sarah needs to start acting like the adult she's supposed to be with a daughter. I know what David done to Bethany, but that's all done now and she's okay, AND she s his sister after all.

I think David is Maybe crying out for attention, but his family can't seem to see it. Last night when he was in the sitting room of his house, or Gail's house anyway, he seemed to be opening up to his Mother. When Gail however asked him not to attend Sarah's wedding, you could see how hurt he was. I think at that time it was very insenstive of Gail to ask him not to attend the wedding, especially as he was starting to open up to her. I think she could have waited for another time to ask him. I'm not really surprised he stormed off the way he did when she said what she did. Sarah seems to be gloating in humiliating him every chance she gets, and I don't really care for Tina O' Briens character for this. Jason on the other hand is acting far more mature than Sarah Louise is. All in all, I think that David needs to get himself sorted out, nd Sarah needs to start acting like the adult she's supposed to be with a daughter. I know what David done to Bethany, but that's all done now and she's okay, AND she s his sister after all.

He seems to be suffering from depression/some kind of psychosis and you have to admire the scriptwriters for the way they are dealing with it - tho they are dragging it out quite a bit, anyone remember him reading from Gail's diary (about her intended abortion of him) last Xmas? Despite everything, there are odd moments when I actually feel sorry for him and think Sarah's being a cow and Gail keeps pushing him furher away. To make me see things from his viewpoint. when he's being so vindictive, that's great writing. :)

Coronation Street Vera to be killed off

Vera Duckworth will be killed off in a tear-jerking episode of Coronation Street to be shown early next year, ITV revealed today.

One of the best-loved characters in British TV soaps, Vera has become a Corrie institution over the last 33 years.

But actress Liz Dawn, who has played the tough-as-old-boots character for all of that time, has been forced to leave the show because of ill-health.

Rather than leave Vera in limbo, Street producers have decided she should go out in true soap fashion with a heart-rending finale.

Liz, a lifelong smoker, was diagnosed with lung disease emphysema five years ago. Only a third of her lungs is still working and she takes a daily cocktail of medication, plus three inhalers.

She quit smoking after being diagnosed in 2002.

But the 68-year-old actress revealed the disease had taken such a toll that she nearly collapsed while at Buckingham Palace to collect her MBE in 2000.

Her departure will be filmed in top secret and viewers will not know how she dies until they watch her final episode.

Producers are so keen to keep her character's cause of death under wraps that three alternative endings have been written.

Newspapers and magazines have also been asked not to leak any details of what happens to Vera.

The decision to kill off the character was taken after long consultation between producer Steve Frost, executive producer Kieran Roberts and the actress herself.

They all felt it was better to have a dramatic finale rather than compromise the characters of Vera and her husband Jack by having Dawn come back for occasional guest appearances in the future.

Liz Dawn said: "It is going to be very emotional filming Vera's death scenes but I do think it is the right decision for the character.

"Steve Frost and Kieran Roberts were very respectful about how I would feel about Vera dying and we talked about it at length before we made the final decision.

"I have had 33 marvellous years in Coronation Street and will miss everyone very much."

Steve Frost said: "After discussions with Liz Dawn we have settled on a heart-breaking exit story which will see Vera leave Coronation Street in 2008.

"Liz's contribution to Coronation Street has been quite remarkable.

"She has played Vera, one of the most loved characters on British television, for 33 years and she will be missed enormously, by everyone who works with her on the show and by millions and millions of viewers.

"It has been a great privilege to work with Liz and I wish her a very happy and very well-deserved retirement."

I watched Coronation street the other night, and couldn't believe the way David ruined her wedding. I realise he might have something wrong with him, but still couldn't help feeling sorry for Sarah Louise. BUT, I'm really proud of Sarah for not reacting in the way that would have gave David loads of satisfaction. She simply just calmly said to him, "that's what I thought", and then she walked away. This way, when he's exposed because of his nastiness, they will all be rallying around apologising to Sarah Louise. When he is exposed though, I still think she should support him in getting him the help that he needs. I'm ashamed that I could have been so judgemental about Sarah Louise. It just goes to prove that you really need to know the full story before you can say anything.

It's a great storyline, but so sad that Sarah and Jason aren't going to last. :( Looks like David is going to ruin their marriage as well as their wedding. I can see it now - the truth will eventually come out and Sarah will leave Jason because he didn't believe her. The fact that they're a couple off-screen makes it even more sad somehow. The actor who plays David is brilliant though. In fact, all the acting has been great recently.

It's a great storyline, but so sad that Sarah and Jason aren't going to last. :( Looks like David is going to ruin their marriage as well as their wedding. I can see it now - the truth will eventually come out and Sarah will leave Jason because he didn't believe her. The fact that they're a couple off-screen makes it even more sad somehow. The actor who plays David is brilliant though. In fact, all the acting has been great recently.

Sadly i can see this happening too, a happy marriage in soapland would never do. Totally agree about Jack P Shepard's acting though, he's amazing