Blast From The Past

Guest HeavenForbid

Chapter 32

AJ looked at Rebecca. She was diving so fast. AJ took out his phone. He rang Jack.

“Hello!” Jack said

“Jack. Listen I need you help. Please. Rebecca is driving drunk and I can’t stop her. We are on the way up to the Yabbie Creek and there are so many bends. Jack please….”

“Wait. What? What is going on?” Jack asked confused

“Just get up her quickly. We are heading for Yabbie Creek liquor store.” AJ replied

AJ dropped the phone. He couldn’t reach it. Rebecca sped up. The bend was coming. She was laughing and joking. Jack hung up the phone and left the party with Martha.

“What are you worrying about?” she asked

“Keep an eye on the road!” AJ shouted

Rebecca drove faster. They were now only over 120 miles per hour in a 60 miles per hour zone. Rebecca turned the car. AJ was relived. They got around the bend.

However, they were on the wrong side of the road.

“See I told - ”

“Rebecca watch out!” AJ yelled

She looked and saw a lorry coming. She quickly drove onto the other side. The car spun around and she crashed it into a tree. Both were left unconscious. Jack drove up the road looking for them.

“I cant see them anyway! It would help if that fog wasn’t here!” he said to Martha

“Don’t worry. We will find them. Just - ”

“Oh my god! That is Rebecca’s car!” Jack said

Jack pulled over. He and Martha got out of the car and ran over.

“Check their pulses” Martha said

“Call an ambulance.” Jack said looking at her

Preview: Will AJ and Rebecca live or die?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 33

The ambulance arrived and took AJ and Rebecca to the hospital. Jack rang the Fletcher house to inform them on what was going on. Becky and Lucas made their way to the hospital while Sally, Morag and Alf looked after the kids at home. Jack drove in his car with Martha.

“I am so scared” he told Martha “Life was starting to look up. Me and you together and us having the girls and Jason. Now this.”

“Please. Don’t worry. Everything will be fine” Martha assured him

They reached the hospital. Jack was left feeling frustrated that they could not tell him anything. After a while, Lucas and Becky arrived.

“What happened?” Becky asked

“I really don’t know. AJ said Rebecca was driving drunk.” Jack replied

“Where were they going?” Lucas asked

“Yabbie Creek. To get alcohol.” Jack answered

“Rachel!” Martha said

Rachel walked out of the room.

“So…What is happening?” Jack asked

“They are both in a coma. It is late. You all should go home and get some sleep and come back in the morning” Rachel said

“I cant do that. I have to make sure they are both ok.” Jack said “I am staying here.”

“Well…We can arrange a room for the four of you to stay in.” Rachel said

“Thanks, Rachel” Martha said and walked off.

Becky and Lucas went to call Sally and let them know what was happening. Jack and Martha sat down.

“I cant believe this is happening. Only a few days ago, she lost the baby. Now Jason could lose his mum” Jack said

“Jack. Don’t talk that way.” Martha replied

“What way do you want me to talk?” Jack snapped

Martha looked at him

“Sorry Martha, It is just. I don’t want to lose her. We are finally getting on now and everything was going great” Jack said

“It is ok” Martha smiled and kissed him.

“Save that for later! We have some catching up to do!” smirked Jack

Becky and Lucas arrived back and told them that they would go back home and help look after the kids. Martha and Jack were shown a room where they could stay in. Jack walked in and Martha followed locking the door. Jack turned around

“What are you doing” Jack asked

Martha smiled and jumped on him as he fell on the bed.

Chapter 34

The next day, Martha woke up to Jack lying beside her. They both got up and put all their clothes back on and headed to the room where AJ and Rebecca were. They looked at them both. Rebecca cuts all over her face and so did AJ. Suddenly, AJ stirred. Jack went out and got Rachel. She came in.

“AJ!” she called

“Where I am?” AJ asked

“North Districts Hospital. I am Rachel” she said

“Why I am here?” he asked

“You and her wife were in a car accident last night.” Rachel replied

“Rebecca!” AJ said and sat up “Where is she?”

AJ looked over and saw Rebecca. He started to cry and asked

“Will she be ok?” AJ asked

“Well. We will have to wait and see really” Rachel answered “Jack and Martha are here.”

Jack and Martha walked back into the room.

“Hey mate! How are you?” Jack asked

“Been better” laughed AJ

“So…How did this happen?” Martha asked

AJ explained that Rebecca had no stopped drinking since they had lost the baby. She wanted drink and he wouldn’t get it for her. He arrived home and hopped into the car and begged Rebecca to pull over. She ended up crashing the car. Martha and Jack stead there the rest of the day. Eventually, they headed home. Once the left, AJ went to go to sleep. But he heard a noise. He sat up and looked and saw Rebecca was moving. He ran over to her.

“Rebecca!” he called

“AJ…I am so sorry. I really am!” she replied and started to cry.

“I know. I will get a doctor!” AJ said

Jack and Martha arrived back at the house. Everyone was asleep. AJ rang Jack to tell him Rebecca woke up and was doing fine. Jack was very quiet.

“Are you ok?” she asked rubbing his arm.

“Yes I am great!” he smiled “Today made me realised that life is too short. We almost lost them. I don’t ever want to lose you”

“You wont! I promise” she smiled

“Martha…I love you! Marry me. Again” Jack asked and got down on one knee

“Yes! Jack! I will” Martha replied.

“Well…I don’t have a ring….I didn’t plan this but we can get one tomorrow” laughed Jack

“Well, Mr Holden. I think this calls for a celebration” smirked Martha

“What do you have in mind?” asked Jack

“Follow me and I will show you exactly what I mean!” Martha said seductively

Preview: Jack visits Rebecca. Martha asks Becky something.

Chapter 35

Four months later…….

AJ and Rebecca recovered and were back on track. She agreed to go to AA meetings which were going great. Jack and Martha were back living at home and Lucas and Becky moved into the apartment above the diner. Ava and Eva were now nearly 10 months old and were starting to walk. Martha was planning her and Jack’s wedding and like the last one, Jack didn’t get a say in it at all.

“One more week!” Martha danced around her bedroom.

“I can’t believe it! I really can’t!” Jack said

“Well, you have to go, now. I want to try on the dress and you can’t see me in it” Martha ordered

“Ok…I will take the kids out. I want to go and see Rebecca and Jason” Jack said

He kissed her and got the kids ready and left as Becky arrived.

“You look amazing!” Becky said looking at Martha

“Thanks!” she replied “Here is the maid of honor dress”

“It is lovely” Becky said

“And these are the brides maid’s dresses” Martha said

“Amazing” Becky said

“Here.” Martha said handing her the maid of honor dress

“What? You mean? - ”

“Yeah” Martha smiled “I have three brides’ maids, Mattie, Cassie and Rebecca. I want you to be my maid of honor. You have helped me get threw so much and I love you for that!”

Becky got into the dress. She walked back into the bedroom. Martha was very pleased. The girls got back into there normal clothes and met up with Mattie and Cassie.

Jack arrived with Eva and Ava. Jason was trying to teach them how to stand up and walk as they could only take two steps before they fell.

“No..Ava. That is wrong” Jason said “Look at Eva. She is doing it right”

“Be careful, Jason” Rebecca said

Rebecca, AJ and Jack all sat of the dining room table watching them in the living area.

“I went to my last meeting this morning” Rebecca said

“Rebecca! That is great. I am so happy for you” Jack smiled

“Yeah. It is great. But, now, the wedding will the first time I am going to be around alcohol for four months” Rebecca said

“Don’t worry. I will not let you near anything” AJ said and kissed her on the forehead.

“Neither will I” Jack replied

“Ava! That is wrong! Listen!” Jason shouted

Jack, AJ and Rebecca laughed. Ava was laughing too. It was like she was doing it to annoy Jason.

Preview: The wedding day arrives. Will it go according to plan or will some surprise visitors ruin the day? LAST CHAPTER!

Chapter 36

The rest of the week went very slow because Martha and Jack were so excited the wedding. Nothing would ruin their big day. On the day of the wedding, Becky, Martha, Cassie, Rebecca, Sally and Mattie were all in Sally’s house getting ready. Martha came out in her wedding dress

“You look amazing!” Sally said

“Time to go” Mattie said

They all got into the limo and headed for the church. Once there, Martha noticed a familiar face.

“Tasha” she screamed!

“Martha!” replied Tasha

“Oh my god! It has been so long” Martha said

“Yea. It really has!” Tasha replied

“I know. Is that Ella?” Martha asked amazed

“Yeah. That is her. Big and bold now!” Tasha laughed

“She looks so like you!” Martha smiled “Is Robbie here?”

“Yeah. He is around. I think he is talking to Jack” she repiled

“Well I will have to see him later” Martha said

Jason walked over to Ella.

“My name is Jason.” He smiled

“I am Ella.” She replied

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked slyly

“Sure! My other boyfriends don’t need to know” laughed Ella

The walked off holding hands. Martha and Tasha were laughing so hard that tears were coming out of their eyes.

“Other boyfriends?” Martha asked confused

“Yeah. There is Kevin and Mark. Both only five like Ella” laughed Tasha

The music started playing and everyone got ready. Alf walked Martha the aisle. Jack smiled as he watched Martha coming up to him.

“Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today….”

Martha looked stunning. Jack thought. He were so happy that everything had worked out int the end. Who knew that when Rebecca first came that it was split Martha and Jack up. Nobody knew. But now, today, they would be married again. Maybe they could try for another baby. Even though Ava and Eva were only 10 months, Jack and Martha wanted a lot of children

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride”

Everyone watched in as Martha and Jack were pronounced husband and wife again. Cheers and laugher filled the church. They walked out of the church as husband and wife. They knew everything would be prefect from now on.

Comments

Archived