New Neighbours

Guest jamie232

I won't believe it until I see the press release.

Neighbours: The Perfect Blend have had it confirmed that there will not be a break, and they're very reliable, so until they announce it or I see it in writing from Fremantle, I won't believe it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there will be a revamp, just not a six month break.

This is what the PB article said:

This week has seen some new rumours about Neighbours' future in the Australian press, indicating that the show would be taken off-air for several weeks to be revamped, as well as some big changes in writing staff. A source on the show has confirmed to us that, although the part about it being taken off-air is untrue, rumours of a massive revamp are not unfounded - "The show is getting a big makeover, a big new family, plus a lot of other new characters and the return of some popular old ones. High Definition. New sets. New titles. New theme song. And no, the writers haven't been given the sack!" And, as if that wasn't enough, rumours in the UK press that Fiona Corke is back for another short stint as Gail Robinson are also true.

Regardless of the Paul Robinson angle (he, Ned and Carmella are a Channel 10 dictated decision, as was the axing of the Bishops and Timminses) I think this will go some way to stop the audience erosion.

The new production values will hopefully rid the show of the cheap tag which definitely stops some from watching it.

As far as the new family, I think it's simply an attempt to build a new, cohesive multi-generational family unit where the Kinskis and Hoylands have kind of drifted into a weird setup.

Regardless of the Paul Robinson angle (he, Ned and Carmella are a Channel 10 dictated decision, as was the axing of the Bishops and Timminses) I think this will go some way to stop the audience erosion.

I dont understand what you mean by this :huh: Especially the Ned and Carmella thing.

i think if they did take it off for 6 months they might lose some of their watches.

In response to one of the posts to how they are going to explain that they all got new houses maybe they all packed up and moved to a new street looking basically like the old street with all the same features just new houses - it wouldnt surprise me

Sorry if I was unclear NeverWinter. What I meant was it seems that Channel 10 have interfered a great deal more than usual in the past couple of years specifically in ordering the writing out of the Bishops and Timminses, as well as insisting on the inclusion of Ned and Carmella and Paul being a supervillain. It would seem to be their misguided attempt to drum up a hot young viewership but it's done quite the opposite.

With regard to new sets...I would imagine for the most part (the houses at least) they'll simply be updated to a higher standard to make them acceptable for High Definition. Number 30, Steph's and Paul's might get a complete revamp because they've not been changed in years.

It will also be interesting to see if the General Store and Scarlet Bar make it through the transition.

Didn't everyone's houses change like just under two years ago? :lol:

Which was part of the revamp with Scarlet Bar and the General Store?

They should of left the Coffee Shop alone, the General Store makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Anyway, I doubt it will be taken off the air, Neighbours film that far ahead! Maybe that's one of their problems.

I'm interested to know how they are going to do all this and if its going to help. We'll just have to wait and see. My biggest problem is those stupid credits arrgh they make me cringe everytime.

And yes Paul Robinson has gone nutty since his early days. I did like Carmella but she's not as exciting now that she's a goody.

Archived