Secrets Friends Keep

Guest HeavenForbid

Chapter 11

Cassie opened the box. Am I pregnant she wondered. She wished she wasn’t as she was only 16 and was definitely not ready to be a mum and if she was it meant she would have to tell Ric soon. She looked at the box and took the test out. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Cass, Are you in there?” Ric asked

“Yeah…I am. I will be out in a minute.” Cassie said. She put the test back in her bag and flushed the toilet. The test would have to wait. When she opened the door, Ric was still standing there.

“Are you ok?” Ric said. “You haven’t been yourself lately”

“Yeah I am fine. Actually I am tired. I think I will go to sleep.” Cassie said walking away.

“It is 9 o clock!” Ric said looking at his watch.

“Yeah. Well I have a long day. Goodnight” she kissed him and went to her room.

When Drew got up the next day, he only had one thing on his mind. How would he tell Belle. He didn’t sleep very well the night before as he was asking himself this question all night. He was shocked that Leah and Dan didn’t make a big deal over it and they were willing to help even though he had robbed from them. He went into the kitchen. Dan and Leah were there. He sat down but didn’t say a word to either of them. When he got up to leave, Leah said:

“Drew. Have you told Belle about this?”

“No. I don’t know how to tell her. She will hate me!” Drew said.

“She will not! She loves you and will stick by you. I think you will have to tell her.” Leah said to him.

“I don’t think you know Belle that well. I am going to tell her today if I can. I am calling over to her house in a while.” Drew said.

“Drew. We want you to know that you don’t hate you. Yes, you have made some very stupid decisions but we will be here for you through out the whole thing.” Dan said reassuring him.

“Thank you guys!” Drew said as the left the kitchen. “I have go now. I am meeting up with Mattie and Lucas.”

“Ok…See you later.” Dan said

Ric woke Cassie up.

“Good morning!” he said.

“Heya.” She said half asleep.

“I got a call from Mattie.” Ric said

Ric told Cassie all away the drug problem.

“Oh my god! And Belle doesn’t know?” Cassie said shocked

“Nope. All I know is that it will break her heart. She loves him so much and for him do to something like that is terrible. I am just glad that he has gotten though this and is getting help.” Ric said

“Yeah. I wonder will he tell Belle!” Cassie said

“He will have to. He is leaving on Tuesday.” Ric said getting up of Cassie‘s bed. “Ok. I will let you get dressed. Come down when you are ready”

Cassie smiled. She went back into the bathroom with the test. She opened it and did it. Was she pregnant?

Drew went to the diner. Mattie and Lucas were already there. Drew went and sat beside them. He was glad that they helped him get back on track.

“Hey guys!” he said as he sat down.

They both smiled. Colleen came over.

“Would you like you order anything?” she asked.

“3 cokes!” Lucas said “Thanks Colleen.”

Colleen left to go and get the drink leaving them to talk.

“How are you?” Mattie asked

“Good. I am just worrying about what Belle will say.” Drew said

“Don’t worry about it. She loves you! She will stick be you.” Lucas said

“Funny! That is what Leah said” Drew laughed.

Colleen brought the drinks over.

“So what are you teenagers doing today?” Colleen asked

They all said "nothing" and Colleen replied as she walked away “Youngsters! I so don’t get them these days!”

They laughed as she left and Lucas turned about and said “Is she high?”. He then realised what he said and apolyise to Drew.

“I have to go. I told Belle I would go around to her house!” Drew said getting up.

“Bye” Lucas and Mattie said at the same time.

Drew walked slowly to Belle’s house. What was he going to say to her? Would she ever talk to him? He walked in her garden, stopped and went to leave. However he heard a voice. It was Belle.

“Drew! Where are you going?” she said

“Nowhere” he said running up to her.

“Come on. Inside! Now!” she ordered him. “I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes”

Belle brought Drew into the sitting room.

“Okay, open your eyes!” Belle said smiling.

On the table there was what looked like a photo album. Drew went over to the table. He looked through it. It was pictures of him and Belle together and ones of Mattie, Lucas , Ric and Cassie.

“Belle - ” Drew started to say.

“It is for our anniversary! Together 2 years today!” Belle smiled.

Drew couldn’t believe that Belle would remember this. He also couldn’t believe what he was to do now. She looked so happy and now he was going to ruin it.

“Belle sit down I need you tell you something.” Drew said quietly

“What is it, Drew?” Belle said. She smile went from her face as Drew confessed everything. Belle couldn’t believe it. He had lied to her for the past few months. She never ever new about it. It made her so mad.

“Get out!” She said.

“Belle. Please.” Drew begged her.

“GET OUT! NOW!” Belle shouted at the top of her voice.

Drew left. He knew it would destroy her. Would Belle ever talk to him again? He didn’t know.

Cassie did the test. She was scared to look at it. Finally she did. She was pregnant! She knew who the father was, but how was she going to tell him. This would change her life and his!

Preview: Belle goes to see Drew. What is she going to say to him? Cassie tells the father about the baby Who is it?

Chapter 12

Cassie sat in the bathroom. How would she tell him? What was she going to do? She went out of the bathroom and back into her bedroom. She lay on her bed and started to cry. Sally walked into her room

“Cassie, breakfast - ” She stopped as she saw Cassie lying on the bed.

“Cassie, what is wrong?” Sally asked.

“Sally, I have made so many mistakes!” she sobbed.

“Like what? I am sure everything will be ok.” Sally said

Cassie told her about her and Dylan and now she was pregnant.

“Oh Cassie. ” Sally said

Cassie had to explain everything to Sally and she asked "Who is the father then?"

"Dylan's" Cassie sobbed

“How can you be sure?” Sally said to her while trying to calm her down.

“Because me and Ric have only slept together once and that a few months ago!” Cassie said

“Cassie, I am here for you. You know you have a lot of options. Do you know what you are going to do?” Sally said

“I was thinking about an abortion. Sally I am to young to be a mum. I am only 16 and still in school. What else can I do?” she said

“Cassie, abortion is not the only option. You can have the baby and bring it up. You can leave school or stay in school and we can get a minder. I am willing to help. What ever you decide.” Sally told her.

“Thanks Sally. I have to go. I need to see Dylan.” Cassie said getting up of the bed and walking out of her bedroom. Sally went downstairs and Ric was there.

“Sally. Is everything ok with Cass?” he asked.

“Everything is fine, Ric.” she told him

Lucas and Mattie were in the diner. They drank up there drinks and left. Lucas went over to Drew while Mattie went to Cassie. However she saw Cassie on the beach with Dylan. They were hugging each other. Mattie was furious. She went down to them.

“I am here for you, Cassie” Dylan said to her.

“Thanks you. But how will I tell - ”

“Cassie! What the hell are you doing with him you promised!” Mattie said as her walked over to them.

“Mattie, I -”

“Don’t Cassie! You promised. How could you? You broke a promise. I cant -”

“Mattie, I am pregnant!” Cassie said interrupting her.

“What?” Mattie was stunned!

“Yes. Dylan is the father. He had a right to know.” Cassie said to her. “When I go home, I am going to come clean about it to Ric!”

“Oh my god!” Mattie could take it in. She was so surprised. In a matter of a few weeks, most of her friends lives have turned upside down. She thought that after Drew told Belle about his problem that the bad times would be over. And now this. Dylan left and Cassie and Mattie walked back to her house.

“Good Luck!” Mattie said to Cassie giving her a hug.

Mattie left and Cassie went into the house. Ric was watching television.

“Heya. I was wondering where you were.” He said kissing her. “Are you okay?”

“I have to tell you something. Sit down” Cassie said looking at Ric.

Lucas went over to Drew house. He knocked on the front door. Drew answered it. They went into his room.

“So did you tell her?” Lucas asked.

“Yes…” Drew replied.

“What did she say?” Lucas asked.

“She didn’t take it very well. She told me to get out of her house. I don’t think she will ever talk to me again.” Drew said

Just then Leah walked in.

“You have a visitor.” she said. Belle walked in behind Leah. Leah and Lucas left them to talk.

“Here. All of your things!” Belle said as she handed a bag of stuff that she had belonging to him. “Goodbye.”

“Wait Belle! Can’t we talk?” Drew said grabbing her arm

“Drew. Let go! It is over!” Belle said to him.

“Belle Please. Why are you doing this? I love you! I am so sorry.” Drew pleaded with her.

“No…Drew! I cant believe you would do this to me!” Belle said and left. She didn’t ever want to speak to him. She was so mad. She had to go and see Mattie.

Cassie had just told Ric everything. He sat in silence while she was standing very close to him. Ric had a temper. Would he hit her?

“Ric…” Cassie said him.

“How could you do this?” Ric said to her. “HOW THE **** COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!” he raised his voice.

“Ric! I am so sorry! Please.” Cassie said to him.

“Cassie…get lost! I don’t want to see you! Stay well away from me. I hate you Cassie. You deserve to rot in hell…you and that….kid!” Ric said fuming. He got up and left the house slamming the door behind him. Cassie sat on the chair and cried. She had never cried so much before in her life. Sally came into the room and sat beside her and comforted her.

Preview: Cassie makes a decision.

Chapter 13

Ric went down to the beach. He need to clear his head. Needed to sort of how he was feeling. He thought how could she. With that guy. And at the party he came up to me and was nice and he was with her behind my mind. I will kill him if he ever comes near me again. Ric had to came down. He went into the diner, Dylan was there. He took one look at him and Dylan knew what was coming next. Ric charged at him and shoved him into the wall. Irene and Colleen panicked. They called Sally and Alf. The boys continued fighting. All the customers left. The diner was trashed. Alf came in and grabbed Ric off Dylan.

“You home, now!” he said to Ric. “You! Stay well away from Cassie”

“Alf, she is pregnant with his child.” Sally whispered to Alf.

Alf looked at Sally and then at Dylan. He left the diner and Alf and Sally followed him.

“You!” Alf shouted

“What?” Dylan said rudely.

“Don’t you ever speak to me like that! ” Alf said to him

“Dylan, I think you should stay away from Cassie until everything cools over.” Sally said to him. Dylan nodded and he left. Alf and Sally got into the car which Ric was waiting in already.

Belle went to Mattie's house. She knocked on the door. Mattie answered it and she burst in tears. The girls went into Mattie's room. She knew why she was crying. Mattie got her tissues.

“I am sorry, Mattie. I just really need to talk to someone about this.” Belle said.

“It is ok. Belle. What happened?” Mattie asked.

“Well, I went over to Drew‘s house and I gave him his stuff back. It is over and I don’t want it to be. I love him! I love him, Mattie.” She wept. “But I cant forgive him. Not for this.”

“Belle. Did you know that he tired to quit so many times for you!” Mattie said.

“What? For me?” Belle said confused.

“Yes. He loves you and he tired to quit for you.” Mattie told her. “Maybe you should go over and talk to him.”

Ric came home. Cassie was in her room. She didn’t want to talk to him. He hated her after all. Sally got out the first aid kit and cleaned up Ric’s cuts.

“Sal, I am sorry. I was just so angry!” Ric said as Sally cleaned his cuts.

“I know, Ric.” Sally said.

“I loved her! Why would she do this to me! Why?” he said.

“I have spoken to her, Ric. It was a mistake. She loves you so much. That is why she ended it. She wanted to end it so many things but he had this power of her that would reel her back in.” Sally said.

“I keep thinking that if she wasn’t pregnant, would she of told me?” Ric said.

“I don’t know Ric. I think you will have to ask her that, not me.” Sally said.

She put the first aid box away and went upstairs.

“Drew are you ready?” Leah asked.

“Yeah. That is my last bag.” Drew said.

“Mate….I think it was a good idea to chose to go today.” Dan said as he took Drew last bag.

“So…do I” Drew smiled

“Ok…ready?” Leah asked.

“Yeah. Lets go!” Drew said.

They all got into the car and drove off. Just as they left Belle went into the garden. She knocked on the door.

“Is Drew there?” she asked a stranger who was standing on front of her.

“No. Actually he isn’t. You have just missed him. I am Kelly. The babysitter. Looking after VJ and Ryan” she said.

“Oh. Do you know when he will be back?” Belle asked Kelly.

“Em….I am not sure. Depends really. I am unsure how long you have to spend in rehab.” she said

“Rehab? I thought Drew was going tomorrow.” Belle said shocked.

“He was supposed to. But he changed his mind and left today instead.” Kelly said.

Belle left and went home. She wanted to tell Drew that she was sorry about the way she reacted and that she loved him.

Cassie went to the local clinic. She was going to get an abortion. She wasn’t ready to be a mum. She was so glad that Sally was supporting her and Dylan was as well.

“Cassie Turner.” called the nurse.

“Hello. I am Dr. Roberts. I will be your doctor.” she smiled.

“Ok…” Cassie smiled.

The doctor asked her questions and then looked in her book.

“We can fit you in tomorrow at 10am. Is that ok?” the doctor asked

Cassie hesitated. “Yes. That will be fine.”

Preview: Will Cassie go thought with the abortion? Will Belle tell Drew how she feels?

Chapter 14

Cassie woke up the next day very early. She hadn’t spoken to Ric since the day before, she had however, spoken to Dylan. He told her all about the fight. Cassie told him about her decision. He said that he would support her no matter what she would decide. Deep down she want him to say don’t go thought with it as she was having second thought about the abortion. She got out of bed and went for a walk, she needed to clear her head. She sat on the beach and thought about the past few weeks. She saw Mattie come up to her.

“Hey” Mattie said sitting beside her. “I heard about yesterday. The fight between Ric and Dylan.”

“Yeah. I know. I was talking to Dylan last night. I have made a decision, Mattie.” Cassie said to her.

“About what?” Mattie asked.

“About the baby” Cassie said. “I am not ready to be a mum, Mattie. I am only 16 and I am still in school.”

“What do you mean by that, Cassie?” Mattie asked stunned.

“I mean….I am getting an abortion. Today” Cassie replied.

“Cassie! You cant! There is a baby growing inside you!” Mattie said.

“I am not ready to be a mum. I have an appointment today.” Cassie told her as she got up of the sand. “Please, don’t hate me.”

“I don’t hate you. But I am not going to pretend that what you are going to do right, because I don’t think it is.” Mattie said. “All I am saying is that you should really think about it before you go through with it.”

Cassie looked at her. They hugged each other and both went to their houses.

Cassie went back to her house. She grabbed her bag in her bedroom and went back into the kitchen to get a drink before she left. As she finished her drink, Sally walked in.

“Where are you going?” Sally said as she looked at Cassie’s bag.

“Oh….em….I have an appointment.” Cassie said

“Oh. You have seen the doctor?” Sally asked

“No, Sal. I have an appointment at the abortion clinic.” Cassie said to her.

“Cassie! You don’t have to do this. We went thought this - ”

“I can‘t Sally! I am not ready for a baby. I have to go. I will be back later” Cassie said as she went out the door.

Ric went over to Mattie and Lucas’.

“G‘day!” he said.

“Hey mate” Lucas replied.

“Oh. Hi Ric.” Mattie said.

“So what are you up to?” Ric asked “Have time for a chat?”

“Yeah….sure. Lets go into my bedroom” Lucas said.

“So what’s up?” Mattie asked.

“Well. I have been thinking about it and I think I will forgive Cassie. I love her so much and I know she rejects everything! ” Ric said smiling.

“That is great man!” Lucas said.

“When she come home. I am going to tell her, that I want her back and that I am sorry about the way a spoke to her and about the fight.” Ric said.

“Where is she?” Lucas asked.

“I havent a clue! She was - ”

“She is at the abortion clinic!” Mattie blurted out.

“What?!?!” Ric said confused.

“Ric….You have to stop her! Please! Get her!” Mattie said

Ric got up of Lucas’ bed and quickly left.

Meanwhile, Belle was so upset that Drew left. She wanted to tell him she was sorry. She called over to Leah and Dan’s. Leah answered the door.

“Oh. Hi Belle.” Leah said

“Hey. I was just wondering when the next time you are going to see Drew is because I really would like to talk to him.” Belle said.

“Oh…Well we are going at around 11. Would you like to come? ” Leah asked.

“If you wouldn’t mind.” Belle said smiling.

“No that is not a bother. Call over here at 11 and we will go.” Leah as she shut the door. She was so happy that she would see Drew again. But would he let her back into his life?

Cassie was waiting in the waiting room to be seen. The nurse came out

“Cassie Turner. The doctor will see you now.” she smiled.

Cassie got up and went into the doctor’s office.

Preview: Last chapter! How will the lives of the teens in Summer Bay turn out after all their secrets have been discovered and have turned their worlds upside down?

****Last Chapter****

Chapter 15

Ric ran over to the clinic. He was too late. She came and went. He made his way back to the Bay. He couldn’t believe it. He should of told her that morning. He made his way to the diner when he saw Cassie sitting on the beach. Ric walked down to her.

“Cass” He called.

Cassie turned around and saw him “Ric”

“Cassie, I ma so sorry about what I said to you yesterday. I was out of order. I didn’t mean it. I love you. I want to tell you that before you went to the clinic. I know you have made mistakes. But I understand that you regent them so much! I wish we could be a family - ” Ric said .

“Ric. I couldn’t go thought with it.” Cassie said.

“You mean!.” Ric said

“Yes…I didn’t have the abortion. I still have the baby.” Cassie smiled.

“Cass! That is great news.” he said to her.

“Ric…I know that it will take a long time to trust me again, but I want to give it another go. Me, you and the baby. If you want.” Cassie said to her.

“What about Dylan?” Ric asked as he sat beside her.

“Me and Dylan are over! We - ”

“No…I don’t mean that! I mean. Is he going to be in the babies life?” Ric asked.

“He said that he would support me know matter what I chose. I told him that I was going to get the abortion. He doesn’t know that I didn’t go thought with it. Yes…He is the father. But it doesn’t mean I love him!” Cassie said.

“So….Who do you love?” Ric said smiling. Cassie grabbed him and kissed him.

“You!” she whispered in his ear.

That sat on the beach for a little while longer before heading home. Cassie hadn’t to tell Sally about her decision.

Belle called back over to Leah’s at 11. She went into the sitting room and waited until they were ready. When the came out, they all got into the car leaving VJ and Ryan with the babysitter, Kelly. The drive was about an hours long. However it wasn’t awkward in the car. Leah and Dan didn’t ask any question about why Belle wanted to see Drew. They talked about school mostly. They arrived at the centre and were taken to the garden where Drew was. Belle waited a while before she went to see them. Dan and Leah went to talk to him.

“Hey Dan. Leah!” he smiled.

“How are you?” Leah asked.

“I am great! Never been better.” Drew said.

“That is good to here.” Dan said.

“What is this place like?” Leah asked.

“It is great. Most people are my age. So it is good to have people my own age around so we an talk about music and stuff. ” Drew said

“The people seem nice.” Dan said looking around at the nurses and doctors helping others.

“Yeah. They are lovely. ” Drew replied. “So…any news?”

“No. Well expect that the boys miss you like crazy!” Leah said.

“Well tell them I miss them so much and when I come back, the first thing we will do it play footy!” Drew said laughing.

“Will do!” Dan said looking at Leah.

“Drew You have a visitor” Leah said as she looked behind Drew. Drew turned around and saw Belle. Dan and Leah left them to talk. Belle walked over to him Drew got up of the grass.

“Hey!” Drew said puzzled.

“Hi. Drew.” Belle said quietly.

“What are you doing here?” Drew asked her.

“I want to see how you were getting on.” Belle replied.

“I am good.” Drew said walking off. He didn’t want to speak to her.

“Drew. Wait!” Belle said as she grabbed him.

“Belle! What do you want? It was clear from the other day that we are over. Why bother come all this way to see me?” Drew said.

“I am sorry, Drew. I am really really sorry! I was just so angry then but then I talked to Mattie and she told me that you tried to give it up……for me!” belle said.

“I did because I loved you” Drew said.

“Loved? You don’t anymore?” Belle said sadly.

“What is the point? We are over!” said Drew.

“Drew! I am sorry. Really I am. I know that you are so mad and me and I understand that. But I want you to know that I love you and I want to give us another try. But I ca see that you don't.” Belle said walking off.

Drew did love Belle. He thought that he had lost her forever but know he had a chance with her again. He ran after her. He was just getting into the car.

“Belle” he shouted. “I am sorry. I want to give this another go. I love you -”

“Shut up and kiss me!” Belle said. Drew smiled and kissed her. She got back into the car and headed back to Summer Bay.

Cassie and Ric walked into the house. Sally was making the dinner. Ric went up to his room.

“I didn’t go thought with it” Cassie said

Sally smiled and replied “I didn’t think you would”

Ric entered the room “You ready to go?”

“Yes” Cassie said.

“Bye Sal” Ric shouted. Sally watched them leave. She was happy that they were back on track again.

They decided to go to the diner. Lucas and Mattie were there.

“Hey guys!” Lucas said.

“G‘day mate!” Ric said.

“I didn’t go thought with it, Mattie” Cassie whispered.

Lucas heard her and said “Go through with what?”

“That is great news!” Mattie said ignoring him

“Go through with what?” Lucas said for a second time.

“How was Sally about it?” Mattie asked.

“I think she was ok with it. She said to me that she didn’t think I would be able to got through with it in the first place.” Cassie said

“Go through with what?” Lucas said for a third time.

“I am pregnant and I was going to get rid of the baby.” Cassie said to him.

“Congrates man!” he said hitting Ric on the back.

Ric ,Mattie and Cassie looked at each other. They told him what has been going on. Belle walked into the diner and sat beside her friends.

“So how did it go with Drew?” Mattie asked.

Belle smiled. She was back with Drew and everything was prefect. Life had finally calmed down. Everyone had gotten over their recent problems and now they were all happy. They all had a few drinks and headed home. That night the all went to bed unknown to what tomorrow would bring. Would it be bad or would it be good? They didn’t know. All they knew was that, they were happy about were they were in their lives.

Link to comments thread.

Archived