Summer Heat

Guest Chop_e

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Thankyou again for your amazing replies! they are coolest thing to recieve!!

Anyway sorry it has taken so long but here is the next part.

Hope you enjoy!!

Much love xox

Chapter 5 -

Silence hung between them. Neither spoke. The sound of waves hitting the shore and Matilda’s sobbing was all there was to break to tension.

Ric finally looked up. His eyes were red and swollen. He stepped to pull Matilda into a hug– he needed to try to ease her pain.

But she pushed him away as he finally spoke.

“I couldn’t stay Mattie, I couldn’t bear to be with you and look you in the eyes – I was supposed to look after you and I couldn’t”

“Ric you weren’t there for me! I needed you and you just left. You think losing our boy didn’t hurt me? It killed me, the only thing that kept me going initially was you and the thought that we could maybe, oneday, try again for the family I so desperately wanted,” Matilda shouted furiously.

“I’m sorry Mattie, I just… well people deal with things differently”

“I don’t care Ric. He was my baby too and every morning it hurts but I push on through because I’m not the only one who has problems. I’m not the only who is upset in this world, and because there are people in this town who love me and for them I push through. You… you just left,” said Matilda as she turned to walk away.

“Tilly please just hear me out?”

She stopped and turned to look into his eyes – he use to call her Tilly when they were alone, when they were still together. It once made her feel safe.

“Please Tilly. I love you, and I loved our boy. I know that nothing I can say can make up for what happened and I wish I hadn’t left but….. Mattie when we were together before..” Ric stammered as he tried to say it out loud… “before the miscarriage, I thought life couldn’t get any better. I was floating on cloud nine what with you, our new flat and bub on his way…. but that day I found you, lying on the bathroom floor it all came crashing down around me… I didn’t know how to cope, I had lost the thing that I loved second most in the world and I thought that I was going to lose the person I loved the most in the world.”

“Ric, how could you think….” Matilda tried to speak before Ric cut her off.

“Please Tilly let me speak…. I know it sounds stupid now but when we decided to keep the baby I promised to protect you and look after and cherish you, and when we lost him I felt like I had failed. – I had failed, and I didn’t think you would want to be with me any more…..”

Matilda just looked at Ric. He had hurt her more then she had known was possible but now as he stood in front of her, she could see his agony and guilt. She could see he was sincerely sorry and her heart gave out to him.

Ric spoke again. This time the words came out barely more then a whisper, but they implored her to forgive him.

“The whole time I was in New Zealand I thought about you every waking moment. Then I would dream of you when I slept. But I had to sort myself out, I was no good to you in that state and I knew it. I’m back now not to hurt you, if you truly think you’re happier with Kim I’ll leave you be. But I have seen how you look at him and how you still look at me. I know I have a lot to make up for Tilly but we are right together, I know we are and I know you feel it.”

Ric moved closer to take her in his arms and Matilda let him. She finally felt comforted, she had been waiting eight months to feel this way and finally something was beginning to ease her pain.

“It’s not that simple,” she whispered, but he barely heard. He was just enjoying holding her, and giving her comfort.

“Ric…” said Matilda as she looked up at him tentatively, “come have a drink with me, we can celebrate our boy. Nothing else, I… I just need to spend the night with someone who shares the pain I feel.”

“Mattie, there is nothing I would rather do more, and I promise I wont try anything but you’re right. I think a drink for our boy is the perfect idea.”

Ric kept his arm around Matilda’s shoulders as they walked back to her place. She lent into him and closed her eyes, leaving him to guide her home.

Hope you liked it?!

So i haven't really stuck to the original teasers sorry about that but i wanted to get to the juicey parts sooner.

Anyway don't get too comfy, things are not smooth sailing just yet.

Archived