Red Wine (by furrylogic) - comments

-Tess-

I shall reiterate what I said in the contest. I love this story, its descriptive and emotive and so moving. I can feel the feelings, the heat jumps off the page at you and you can honestly feel that there is more than just sexual tension and lust between the two, there is love.

I mean, as a hardcore Mattie/Luke shipper, unlike many JM fans, I never once doubted the love between the two, I just wanted to know how it got there. And you gave that to us, and for that I'm forever grateful.

Thank you for sharing that amazing story with us, and I really hope to read more of your work in the future!

Edited by sevenpuddings

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for writing this backstory Anna. I really loved it. It was great to read your initial entry again, I really loved it in the competition. As Jess said the sexual chemisrty just sizzled and I never had an issue with the pairing. You're a very good writer and I very much hope I get to read more of your stuff soon.xx

I agree with Jess and Skykat, that was brilliant. Jack and Mattie just seem too unbelievable at first but the way you have written it has been so convincing and their connection is powerful. Like everyone has said, thank you for writing a backstory to your fan fiction one. Loved it!

I still don't like that Jack won't be with Martha, but other than that it's good. I just pretend it says Lucas instead of Jack in scenes involving Mattie and Jack. :P Great writing skills you have though, I'm impressed.

Okay, I have to ask, even though you've complimented the writing skills of furrylogic, why would you say that? Why wouldn't you just compliment the style of the story and leave it without saying that... I know you didn't mean it to be offensive or anything, but it honestly does come across that way, especially because it was so well written to suit the characters.

I just, have such a hard time understanding this JM thing... I've begun to try, but the fact that most JM fans refuse to try and even see one of the other pairings work with someone else.

*Shakes head* why do I honestly even bother replying to this, its obviously going to make very little difference.

This fic was great. I've been looking at it for a while now because I liked the title and the pairing was different to say the least. But I was thinking "Do I want to go there?" I'm not a fan of Jack, you see, and I didn't guess that this would all be happening 10 years down the track (you see where I may have been reluctant otherwise :P).

But no, this was so beautiful, and I'm glad that I waited until after Friday's episode (Aus) to read it. It makes me appreciate where Jack would be coming from so much more, and that scene where he found Martha in bed with the "rat" - I could hear her so clearly saying that stuff to him. It would never be Martha's fault... :unsure:

I like how it's a little unresolved as well. You can assume what you want from there - whether Jack and Martha were over for good, whether Lucas ever found out about it. It leaves just enough to the imagination :)

Well done ^_^

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Red Wine (by furrylogic) - comments