A Third Chance?

Guest Roccoluver

Part 40

Nicky watched Tom out of the corner of her eye as she sat in the surf club. Tom spoke a few words to Alf before Alf disappeared, Tom smiled when he caught Nicky staring at him, he wave to Nicky, she pretend she didn’t see him. Alf turned up with a drink, “ its from the lad over there, I think he has you confused with someone else, he keep calling you Shannon” Nicky looked over in disgusted at Tom who now smirking at her. “He’s not bothering you is he” Alf asked, Nicky sighed “No’ she lied, Alf placed the drink on the table ‘Well if he is don’t hesitate to tell me”.

Rocco opened the tray of money, grabbing s handful of 20 dollars notes he shoved them into his pocket, before placing the tray carefully back where it came from, hopefully Sal wouldn’t notice. Walking out of Sal’s room and down the stairs he bumped into Ric ‘Hey Roc, where’s the rush?” he asked, Rocco stopped “Sorry Ric, It just I want something and the shop shut soon” he said taking off, Ric checked his watch, it was only 3.05, no shop he knew would shut soon.

“You look lonely” Tom said as he sat next to Nicky, “**** off” she said “Make me” he replied stealing a chip. “You disgust me” Nicky said, “Oh babe, flatter will get you no where” Tom retorted “So are you still going out with that loser”. Nicky tried to distance herself away from Tom by squeezing up against the wall “He’s not a loser, and his name is Rocco”. Tom snorted “He is too a loser, you should of seen how he broke” Tom bragged, Nicky face Tom ‘After everything that you sick bastard did to him, I should call the cops so they’d come take you away and put you in jail, where you belong”

“But you don’t, do you and why not, because you’re afraid of what I might say, after all I didn’t give up that much when I talked to the police, but if they had me in custody I might talk, you don’t want your boy friend attacker behind bars because of your own selfish reasons, you really are a bitch Nicky” Tom said as he walked out.

“Here it is” Rocco handed Johnny the money, “Well done, Lil bro, met me back here at 9.30 tonight”. Johnny patted Rocco on the back before hopping in his car and taking off. Rocco rubbed his arms, he’d just stolen from Sally, betray her trust, but he had to, to save Nicky. He sat on the ground, what should he do?.

Rocco was quiet most of the journey to Yabbie Creek, Johnny turned to face his little brother, “Cheer up Roc, this is what you wanted”, he patted Rocco’s shoulder and smiled, Rocco faked a smiled and just nodded back. Johnny pulled up to the police station “Are you ready?” he asked rubbing his hands together, this was going to be like old times.

“Yoo hoo, its only me” Colleen called out as she entered the Fletcher house, “Hi Colleen” Sally called back, “Thanks for looking after Pippa”, Sally hugged her daughter, Colleen smiled “Your welcome Sal, it was my pleasure, Baby Pippa is an angel” Sally smiled “Well I don’t know about that” she said, there was a knock at her front door. “Coming” she called, opening the door, she was shocked to see Jack and Rachel there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 41

Rocco carefully opened McGrath’s draw, he didn’t want it to be obvious that someone had broken in and stolen the report, he jumped into the air when he felt something touch he back, “Wooah lil bro, clam down its me” Johnny said, “Is this what you’re looking for” he said waving a document around, Rocco snatched it off Johnny, it read Tom Mallow statement, flicking though it, he shoved it in his bag “Lets go” he said heading for the door”.

Nicky walked unnoticed into the house, got a drink of water before heading to bed, she hoped Rocco would be to take her mind off Tom, opening the door to their bedroom she creped though the dark only to find the bed empty, sitting on the corner she grab a bunch of blanket and pulled them close to her.

Sally sat in the waiting room ‘What’s going on?” she asked, Rachel looked her “There was attack at the Diner, Brad was helping Irene with the accounts and now they’re both in theatre” Rachel said. “Oh my god” Sally cried, Rachel and Sally hugged, they both need the comfort.

“Everything okay sweet heart” Beth asked sitting in Matilda’s bed, “Yes mum” she answered, Beth kissed her, “I know you’re sick of me saying this, but I’m proud of you Matilda, you’ve turned into a mature young lady”, Matilda smiled, she was so happy she had her mum, “Thanks mum, you’ve been a great help with all this” Matilda gesture to the lump in her stomach.

Rocco sneak into the house, checking no one was a around, he chucked the report into the fire; he smiled as he watched it burn. Once it had burnt to a crisp, he sneak into his and Nicky’s room, opening the door, he stopped in shock at what he saw.

Part 42

Rachel walked into the waiting room again, this time it was full with Belle, Ric, Alf, Colleen, Leah, Dan and Sally. ‘How are they” Sally asked “Are they okay” Colleen interjected, Rachel rubbed the back of her head “They are both in a stable but serious condition, they lost a lot of blood and I don’t know if they’ll make it though the night”.

Nicky walked along the beach, she loved the night, the moon shining in the ocean, the cool breeze, the way everything was hidden, it help clear her mind.

Johnny watched as Karl made he was over “So did it go to plan?” he inquired, Karl shook his “No, that Brad dude was there and some red hair chick” he answered sitting next to Johnny, Johnny glazed at him “So what did you do?”, Karl chuckled and crack his knuckles “Had them show us where the money was and then shot them”, Johnny smiled “Good, tomorrow we hit the school”, Karl turned to Johnny “Are you sure that’s such a good idea, and what about that Fletcher woman”. Johnny stood up “Yes I’m sure and as for Sally, don’t worry, she won’t be a pain for much longer”.

Sally sat by Brad’s beside, she wished he’d wake up, or that she did, that this was all a horrible dream. Ric walked in and handed her a coffee, she took it gratefully. Ric stood next to her, telling her with out words he was there for her.

Nicky laid down on the sand, staring up she glazed at the stars, recently she’d been to busy running from everything to stop and notice the beauty in life, in the world, not everything was a shade of good and bad, some were just one or the other. Nicky closed her eyes and made a wish as a shooting star whooshed passed.

Ric tried to comfort Belle as she wait for the news about Irene, Ric felt conflicted, should he be there for Sally or his girlfriend. “Why would anyone do this?” Colleen asked “This is just dreadful” Alf had to agree with Colleen, for once. Rachel entered the room ‘I’m really sorry” everyone turned to look at her, Rachel swallowed and took a deep breath, “At 12.03am Irene Roberts passed away”. Belle got up and ran out of the room, Ric looked as she left, “Let her be mate, she needs time to herself” Alf said.

Nicky entered the bus station, sitting herself down, she prepared for a long night, grabbing a newspaper, she began to read.

art 43

Rocco wiped the dirt out of his eyes , opening his eyes again, no it was her, what was she doing here?.

“Mum?” he asked.

“Please don’t die” Sally begged Brad, holding his hand tight in hers, she began to cry, she couldn’t stand losing him.

Nicky slurped down her coffee before lying on the bench, closing her eyes she tried to catch as much sleep as she could.

Roxanne walked over to her soon he had left ages ago “Rocco, I’m so glad your safe” she tried to hug him but he pushed her away. “Where’s Nicky” he demanded, She looked at him confused “Who?”.

Rocco held in the tears, did his mother really think she could just walk back into his life after abandoning him and Johnny on the streets, he looked around for he phone, he had to find Nicky.

Next morning

The bus pulled up, it wasn’t one of those new flash buses, it was old and looked every part it age. “All aboard for Yabbie Creek,…’ the driver yelled out, Nicky was only interested in going to the city, pulling out her phone, wiped away the tears.

Goodbye Rocco, I really did hope I could start again in Summer Bay, but I can’t so I’m leaving, don’t try to find me. I wish u well, and I will always love you.

Nicky pulled out a photo of her and Rocco, wiping away her tears, she threw it and her phone in a rubbish bin as she got on the bus.

Rocco ran along the beach, before collapsing. Cassie walked over ‘Rocco what’s wrong?” Rocco looked up at her with tears in his eyes “She’s left, she’s gone, she’s really gone”. Cassie pulled Rocco in for a hug “Who’s gone?” she asked “Nicky” Rocco cried.

see, don't worry I haven't killed Brad, yet

You rlly love leaving us all hanging dontcha?? lol cant wait for the update =]

Yeah, I do :)

heres the next short part

Part 44

Rachel placed her hand on Sal’s, “You should go home, get some sleep. Everyone’s worried about you”. Sally nodded “I just want to be there for him when he wakes up”. Rachel exhaled, it was hard for her to tell Sally that the love of her, her own brother, might not wake up for another three weeks, might not ever wake up at all, “Sal, I need to tell you something”.

Roxanne walked down the street, ignoring the looks everyone was giving her, she saw a police officer standing on the corner of street, now Roxanne wasn’t one to usually seen with a police man, not after the affair that ruined her marriage.

“Excuse me” Jack heard someone say, he looked down at a woman, she looked to be in her mid forties, light brown hair, she had brownish eyes. “Yes” he answered, the woman looked nervous “Do you know where Johnny Cooper is?”, Jack took a step back in fight ‘No, why?” but the lady had already began walking away.

“Why would she leave” Rocco said walking along the beach “I thought we were happy here, I thought I meant something to her”, Cass wrapped her arm around Rocco’s waist “I’m sure she left for a reason” she said, trying to comfort him. Tom watched them from behind a tree, so Nicky had left, there was really no need for him to stay now.

Alf watched as Sally stumbled into the Diner, she looked a mess, she was all pale and tired looking, Alf walked over to her “Come on Sal, lets get you home and tucked up safely in bed”.

Belle sat on the edge of the wharf, she didn’t want to believe it, Irene was dead. Ric walked up behind her, sitting next to her, he wrapped his arm around her body “Its not fair” she cried leaning into him “Its not fair”.

Morag entered the Fletchers house, “Hello, anyone home?” she called out, Alf appeared out of Sally’s room “Oh its you Morag. I was just putting Sal to bed”. Morag nodded “How is she?” she asked, “Not to good I’m afraid, why are you here”. Morag looked at Alf for a second “Oh yes, Is Rocco or Nicky around?”, Alf shook his head “No, I don’t think so”.

I'm posting two coz part 45 is short, so really the two are on chapter but, oh just read it :lol:

Part 45

Johnny grinned as he stood over Brad’s body, “You better not die lover boy, I still got heaps planned for you”. Johnny drank the rest of his coffee before ditching the cup in the bin and leaving the hospital.

Ric helped Belle up “Come lets head to my place and watch some DVD’s or whatever”. Belle nodded and wiped away the tears, Ric hugged her “I’m here for you Belle, I always will be”. Belle nodded and kiss Ric ‘Thank you so much.”

Alf and Morag sat at the kitchen table discussing Sally when Rocco and Cassie walked in “Speak of the devil” Alf called. Cassie and Rocco turned to face him “Yeah?” Rocco asked, Morag smiled “I have great news for Nicky” she said, Cassie smiled turned into a frown, holding Rocco tighter “I don’t think that’s such a good idea” Cassie said. “No, tell me please” Rocco begged, Cassie pulled Rocco closer and let him cried on her shoulder. Morag was stunned, something was wrong “Well, umm, the police have lost the report Tom filed, so Nicky doesn’t have to worry about that” she said, Cassie looked at her “She’s left”, Morag felt the blood rush out of her “Nicky?” Cassie nodded, “Flamin’ hell” Alf said.

“Johnny, is that you?” Roxanne called out, Johnny turned, it couldn’t be, it was. “What the **** are you doing here” he yelled. Roxanne stopped dead in her tracks “That’s no way to speak to your mother” she said, Johnny spat on the ground “You aint no mother” he said turning his back on her, just as she had done to him and Roc all those years ago.

Later that day.

Sally stretched as she woke up, that sleep had done her well, getting up she checked her watch, it read 12.13pm, sniffing she could smell something nice cooking, she got and head to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

Part 46

“I’m fine, really” Rocco lied to Cass, he wasn’t really, he felt trapped with Johnny, Nicky leaving him and his mother arriving, he didn’t know what to do. Cassie just nodded and sat with him, he couldn’t tell her, but it meant the world to him she did.

Roxanne made her way down the beach, Johnny had always been a brat, and there was nothing she could do legally to get custody of him, but Rocco was another matter, he was still under 18, she still had a chance to put things right.

“Just two more months” Lucas said excitedly, “I know, I can feel the baby moving” Matilda grinned. “Can I?” Lucas asked, Matilda playfully whack him around the head “Of course, its your baby too”. Lucas grinned even more as he felt the baby kick, Matilda smiled, it was nice to be a family.

The gang stood around “What now Johnny?” Karl asked, Johnny crossed his arms and tilted his head. “Is everything ready for tonight” he asked, Karl nodded “Good”.

Sally walked into the kitchen “That smell great” she said, Alf smiled “I’m glad you feel better” Sally smiled ‘Thank you Mr Stewart” she said, she looked over at Ric and Belle “How’s Belle going?” she asked, Alf sighed “Not good and she’s not the only one” Alf said, pointing with his head to Rocco and Cassie.

Rocco checked his phone, there was a text from Johnny.

Met in the park in 20 mins.

“I have to go” he said getting up and racing out of the house, “Rocco wait” Cassie called helplessly after him.

Matilda sat in front of the T.V eating her popcorn, Lucas had gone out to get lunch and Beth and Tony were out doing whatever they did, she heard a crash in the kitchen, getting up she head towards the sound.

Wow keep up with the good work! Huh? How did Irene die?? I may have not noticed when I was reading the last few parts. :o:o

Sorry if wasn't clear enough, I do that sometimes, Irene was attack by Johnny's gang when the broke into the Diner, I think I had her stabbed. can't remember have to go back and read.

Part 47

Karl sniggered as Max tied the girl to the chair, “Don’t worry sweet heart we won’t hurt you or the baby”, the girl struggled against the rope, Karl smirked “Grab anything of value, and be quick”.

Rocco made his way to the park ‘What do you want Johnny?” he asked, Johnny turned “I take it you know mum’s here” Rocco nodded “I don’t trust her” Johnny said “I need you to keep an eye on her got it” Johnny walked over to Rocco ‘Don’t forget about tonight”.

Karl loaded up the car, grabbing out his phone he text Johnny,

Its done.

He, Max and Ruben got in the car and drove off leaving Matilda alone and tied up in her own house.

“That’s strange” Cassie said putting down the phone ‘Mattie’s not picking up”, “She and Lucas probably went to the movies or something” Ric said cleaning up the dishes. Cassie looked down at the phone, Ric was probably right.

Roxanne caught up to Rocco “Rocco wait” she called, Rocco turned around “Why should I” he said walking backwards, “I’m your mother and I say so” Roxanne yelled, Rocco snorted “Mother, Mother, your not my mother, you left us to fend for ourselves, you’ve been gone for the past 16 years of my life, you know nothing about me” Rocco yelled as he ran down the street, Roxanne watched Rocco run off, she need a drink.

Lucas walked into the house, he stopped in shock, it was a mess. There was stuff everywhere, rubbish scattered over the floor, the T.V, stereo, stuff like that was gone. “Mattie” he yelled out “Mattie, where are you” he called out as he searched the house.

Rocco bumped into Ric at the surf club ‘Hey mate” Ric said sitting down with Rocco, Rocco grinned “Wazz up” he said, ‘Nothing much” Ric said. Colleen walked over “Can I get you two anything” she asked, Rocco clasped his hands together “Just an O.J please” Ric looked over at Rocco “Me to thanks”. Colleen wandered off, “Hey mate, you okay with this whole Nicky thing” Rocco smiled and nodded “Yeah, it just wasn’t meant to be I guess, thanks Colleen” he said as Colleen delivered the drinks, Ric forced smile as he grab his drink.

“Is she okay?” Cassie asked Jack as they entered the police station, Jack nodded “They didn’t harm her, but she is suffering shock” he said, Cassie sat down next to Lucas “Oh my god” she said, placing her head in her hands, Lucas rubbed his face “I hope the baby is ok” he said ‘This is all my fault”, Cassie placed her arm on his shoulder, “It’s not your fault’ she said.

Sally walked into the hospital, “How is he?” she asked, Rachel smiled, “He’s out of the woods, give him another 2 weeks and he should be awake” Sally smiled, it was good news, which she need at this time “Can I go seat with him, please” Rachel nodded “Of course, don’t except an exciting discussion” she warned.

Okay, this is only like one weeks since the attack, 8 months since Mattie got Pregnant, oh and from chapter fifty, I'm taken on a slighty different way of writing which will hopefully be easier to flow.

Archived