How can we improve?

Guest Chris J

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my post may have given you that idea Elise. I'm not suggesting we tell people what to post I'm just saying that I'd personally like to see more discussion encouraged, longer, more thought out posts as opposed to one line comments. Maybe its because I studied law but I was always taught that if you make a point give a reason or an explanation as to why you make it. I'm not recommending enforcing what you can and can't post, more suggesting that people try and develop their posts a little more. That said its a personal preference, what I'd personally like to see, obviously other people will want to see different things.

I think this board should be less judgmental and spend less time telling people what/when/where to post.

Agreed. I don't want to sound harsh,this is a great forum but lets face it,Bttb doesn't exactly hold a reputaition for being the friendliest. I think it should be a bit more relaxed and 'free' and not have members/mods jump down peoples throat the minute someone posts something in the wrong section/say something wrong or ask for something that's done in a courteous manner. I really don't get why some people get extremely offended when someone kindly makes an enquire on when the spoilers/scans/episodes will be up. I mean,the effort and time you put into doing it is of course,greatly appreciated but if you were kind enough to do it for these people then you gotta expect people to wander about it when it isn't put up at the time it usually is up,it doesn't mean that they'll being rude/hassling you or doesn't appreciate you doing it. So yea,a more laid back, relaxed environment. :)

I have a suggestion regarding the Australian Episode summary section. I think it would be a good idea if it was possible to lock the topic after someone has posted the summary, and instead have a pinned “thank-you thread” so that other members can show their appreciation. This way all the summaries will stay in order. :)

I like that idea. And also pin the episode summary aswell, that way they're in order. Because sometimes when I venture in the episode summary threads there's a huge list of summaries and the last reply is all from the same person saying 'thanks' and nothing else. Not only does it just end up looking like spam, but it also messes up the order of the episode summaries and then people have to venture through pages looking for certain dates. At least if they were pinned they can be read in order.

You can change the way the topics are ordered, so you can order them by their start date. That way, if someone replies, the topic will still remain in the correct chronological position.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the drop down box labelled 'Order : Last Post'. Change it to 'Order : Topic Started', click Go, and the problem's solved. :)

How would everyone else feel if 'Order : Topic Started' was set to the default option, so that all the topics in that forum would stay in the order the episode aired?

Have the ones in charge answer questions. Not just read the threads, but actually answer. That would be nice.

What aren't we answering?

I'm still getting back into the swing of administering this place, so there are times when I'm actually not sure of an answer, rather than just can't be arsed to answer.

I think my post may have given you that idea Elise. I'm not suggesting we tell people what to post I'm just saying that I'd personally like to see more discussion encouraged, longer, more thought out posts as opposed to one line comments. Maybe its because I studied law but I was always taught that if you make a point give a reason or an explanation as to why you make it. I'm not recommending enforcing what you can and can't post, more suggesting that people try and develop their posts a little more. That said its a personal preference, what I'd personally like to see, obviously other people will want to see different things.

SkyKat, it's not just your post in particular, I understand your reasoning behind it however. But we are forgetting the target demographic to this show, most people don't want to feel that should be writing an 'essay' ( I know you are not saying that at all, but it's all for interpretation - those who do one line posts will see it that way though).

As stated, it's not just your post, it's the whole board in general that I have noticed. :)

I have a suggestion regarding the Australian Episode summary section. I think it would be a good idea if it was possible to lock the topic after someone has posted the summary, and instead have a pinned “thank-you thread” so that other members can show their appreciation. This way all the summaries will stay in order. :)

I like that idea. And also pin the episode summary aswell, that way they're in order. Because sometimes when I venture in the episode summary threads there's a huge list of summaries and the last reply is all from the same person saying 'thanks' and nothing else. Not only does it just end up looking like spam, but it also messes up the order of the episode summaries and then people have to venture through pages looking for certain dates. At least if they were pinned they can be read in order.

You can change the way the topics are ordered, so you can order them by their start date. That way, if someone replies, the topic will still remain in the correct chronological position.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the drop down box labelled 'Order : Last Post'. Change it to 'Order : Topic Started', click Go, and the problem's solved. :)

How would everyone else feel if 'Order : Topic Started' was set to the default option, so that all the topics in that forum would stay in the order the episode aired?

oh yes lol. I need to pay more attention! lol! Sorry :) I do like your defauly 'Topic Started' Idea though.

Yeah thats a fair point Elise. I guess I tend to forget that a lot of posters on here are a lot younger. Its pretty difficult to get a fair balance on stuff like that and you're never really going to please everyone.

Archived