How can we improve?

Guest Chris J

I'd agree with most of what you said Ryan.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the Games Room, I think its nice to chill off in there but I think people posting in there should be encouarged to actively contribute towards the board too and I don't mean little one line comments.

I think posts in the Australian and General discussion threads should be encouraged to be less 'yeah I agree' and more 'I agree because of this' but 'I can see your point because of this' I think if people were to try and explain their reasons for posting what they post rather than just posting you automatically get discussion.

I think post counts in the spoiler section should be scrapped. No offence to the genuine members who post in there but the large majority of posters in there regulary have only signed up for the spoilers and post useless one line comments in response. I don't think these people should be allowed to boost their post count in this way.

And also maybe in the episode request forum? Again I think too many people post asking for requests but don't actually contribute to the boards at all.

Personally I'd rather that any post be a bit longer and have more weight to it than simply be a one line comment, agreement or :lol: Fair enough in General Chat/ Games Room/ Appreciation etc but not in General Discussion/ Australian Discussion/ Fanfictions etc.

Fanfiction section, I'm in there most of the time and I know I'm a perfectionist at times but it really bugs me when people post four lines or something similar and pass it off as a chapter. Why not wait, write more and post a decent length chapter? The only reason I can see for posting tiny chapters is to boost post count by spreading posts out. I'd like a rule saying that chapters in fanfictions should be at least half a page on Word or a similar equivilent.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Removal or rethink of Character Appreciation Forum (which is promoting painfully little discussion)

The Removal of the majority of games in the games room, taking away some of the piffle that fills it at the moment.

I post in both forums quite often. I cannot speak for all the threads in the Character Appreciation section, but some of the threads do have decent discussion. They may get off topic at times with minor general chat, but the topics always return on the topic. With more moderation, it has gotten better. As for the games forum, isn't that what they are for? None have a real purpose, but they are fun because they are relaxed. No one posts for the "post counts", but to participate.

Fanfiction section, I'm in there most of the time and I know I'm a perfectionist at times but it really bugs me when people post four lines or something similar and pass it off as a chapter. Why not wait, write more and post a decent length chapter? The only reason I can see for posting tiny chapters is to boost post count by spreading posts out. I'd like a rule saying that chapters in fanfictions should be at least half a page on Word or a similar equivilent.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't like the idea of there being a rule to enforce how long our Fanfic updates are.

I would like to see members being able to delete their own posts. I have occasionally posted replies twice, and I commonly see it happen to others. It would be me much more simple if we could just delete them right then.

I think this board should be less judgmental and spend less time telling people what/when/where to post.

Oh, and allow swearing. It's not like there are people who don't know nor don't ever swear.

That is all. For now.

I agree with Elise,people should be a bit less judgemental and relax a bit more.

I also think the character/actor appreciation forum should stay,As mentioned this is a HAA forum but hello,there would be no show without the actors and characters!

Oh, and allow swearing. It's not like there are people who don't know nor don't ever swear.

It's not allowed? :P *joke*

I swear, but in moderation. I don't use words like f*** or s***, I use

Pr!ck, a-s-s, b!tch

etc. I don't see anything wrong with those ones....

Anywho, back on topic! :D

Fair call, but it is a lil silly though. Freedom of expression and all.

I'm not saying free for all, but I dunno. Whatever floats everyone's boats I guess.

I mainly don't like the idea that people are virtually telling where people should/shouldn't post. In this thread I have seen a couple of judgmental comments regarding posts and such.

I have found it rising lately, or is it just me?

Archived